Chapter 13

"Mommy sing to me sing to me
I love you
Mommy sing to me sing to me
I love you
Mommy sing to me sing to me
I love you
Mommy sing to me sing to me."
Jhené Aiko ft. Namiko Love "Sing to Me"

Maia

"Love is lak de sea. It's uh movin' thing, but still and all, it takes its shape from de shore it meets, and it's different with every shore." This book has been so good ever since I started reading it; every letter, every word, every sentence, every paragraph, and every page is just pure brilliance. I hate when I have to put it down to do on something else.

I wish that I didn't skim through it in high school and look up the plot synopsis for the quizzes I had in English on it. SparkNotes was my true best friend back then. Y'all know what I'm talking about; don't try to pretend that you don't what that is.

'Their Eyes Were Watching God' by Zora Neale Hurston shouldn't be read by only black men and women just because it's African American literature. Anybody can learn from the messages in the novel.

That quote is true though. We all know the basic definition of love; it's like an intense feeling or affection you have for someone or something, but it's not the same for everyone because we each experience it differently. Love for a woman is similar to the ocean. It is designed to constantly change according to the men or women that they become involved with.

I'm on the last chapter and I'm trying to think of what I want to read after this. Actually, I might be more focused on how soon I can go to bed at the moment because my bed is calling my name; I can hear it. The kids and I had mac and cheese with chicken and broccoli for dinner, and I'm waiting for like 30-35 minutes to pass before bath time. This has allowed me to catch up on my reading and emails.

The chicken breast we ate reminded me of the fried chicken wings I had last week with my Dad at a new spot he wanted us to go to for lunch; Mom got booted from her spot for that week. They were good, but they can never be as amazing as turkey wigs that are cooked perfectly. I love me some crunchy, juicy, and golden brown turkey wings. I prefer them because they're bigger than those of chicken.

The wings on the Easter, Thanksgiving, and Christmas turkeys are mine at our family dinner and that is never up for discussion.

"Mommy." I looked up as I put one of my butterfly magnetic page clips on the page I was on. Lauryn was handing me a tangerine that I brought with me from the kitchen and left on the cocktail table in a napkin.

"What do you say?"

"Please!" She smiled. I took it from her hand and started peeling it. She rocked back and forth on her feet in anticipation. When I was finished with the quick process, I handed her three pieces while I held the rest in my hand. "Thank you." Lozza slipped back to her dollhouse.

"You're welcome." I sat up from the couch.

"Joshua?" He perked up from crashing his toy trucks into each other and making them fly like airplanes. He got up and walked over to me.
"Here you go." I offered him three pieces from the remaining sphere.

"Orange?" Joshua looked at it.

"Yeah, it's just like an orange. It's just smaller." Joshie took them from my hand and smelled them first before putting one in his mouth. I always did that when I was small and my Mom gave me something new to eat. She would get mad, but it wasn't my fault. I can't eat something without smelling it.