Chapter 14

"You ain't got to buy nothin'
It's not what I want
Baby, it's you
We don't have to go nowhere
It's not what I want
Baby, it's you
It's not 'bout what you got, I know you got a lot
No matter what you do, you always get it hot it's you, it's you
Baby, all I want is you, yeah."
JoJo "Baby It's You"

Maia

I removed my hands from under the blanket and wiped away the tears from under my eyes as the credits rolled onto the screen. It's always those movies that don't become blockbuster hits that are so good because you can appreciate every second and not watch it just to say you did. That's exactly how 'Breakthrough' was.

"That was beautiful." I exasperated with a stuffy voice. My nose was a little congested. Kyrie handed me a napkin to clear it up.

"It was, but I didn't know that you were actually going to cry even though the critics did say that it was going to be a tear jerker."

"That movie is so emotional. He died and came back to life. The plot itself was predictable, but the performances were amazing enough to deliver the inspirational messages from the true story."

"Yeah, it was pretty obvious he was going to live or else there wouldn't have been a movie to shoot. What were the parents going to do; sue the fire department for not finding him faster in that ice?"

"The fact that his mother never lost faith in his recovery and kept praying despite what everybody said about his chances is unbelievable. A lot of people would have lost hope just like the father did in the beginning. I got chills when she started screaming for God to do something after he was pronounced dead."

"If if was my child, I wouldn't even let that doctor sit down to eat his lunch or go home to sleep in his bed until I saw an improvement in his or her condition."

"I feel you on that 100%." I picked up the red ceramic popcorn bowl and handed it to him. "We need a refill, sir."

"So, I have to get it?"

"It's your house." I laughed.

"It's my turn to pick a movie."

"You can do it when you come back."

"What if I want to choose it now?"

"I know you can go back and forth until tomorrow if I indulge you, so I'll do it." I rolled my eyes before rising up from the couch.

"Thank you." He laid down on the couch, taking my spot while watching me walk away to the kitchen. "Don't forget to sprinkle that extra butter and toss the popcorn again so that it coats all of it."