Chapter 7

"Baby
To let you get away is crazy
So I'm doing what it takes
To make you pledge your love to me
You see, cause I'm tryna be your lady
For ever and ever baby
The picture wouldn't be the same
If you weren't standing next to me
Can't you see I'm fallen?"
Mya "Fallen"

Maia

"I'm so glad that the day is finally over. I'm ready to put the kids to bed and take a nice bubble bath."

"Am I invited?" Kyrie asked.

"I already have some guests joining me in my warm water filled with brown sugar bubble soap, lavender oil, bath salts, and John Legend playing in the background."

"Who?" I could hear a little jealousy in his voice.

"Me, myself, and I." I heard him laugh, which caused me to beam with pleasure. Then, I heard a beeping sound on the phone and I checked to see whether my ear pressed on some of the buttons or I had another call coming through. I didn't see anything on the screen, so I guessed it was something on Kyrie's end.

"I have to let you go beautiful. Kobe keeps blowing up my line for some reason. He's at my place, so I don't know if he's just being annoying or something is really wrong with him." Kyrie spoke through the phone as I held the device in my left hand and rubbed some strawberry lip balm on my lips, looking through the mirror in the sun visor that was in front of me. If I don't put this on my lips, I'm going to keep licking them for the rest of the day and that will only make them dry.

"Kobe seems like the goofy one among the three of you." I commented.

"So I'm not funny?"

"You're alright." I shrugged as if he could see my gesture.

"Okay, I got a joke for you. What do you call an alligator in a vest?"

"An investigator." I answered. There was a brief moment of silence. I think it's because he was surprised by my knowledge of the joke. What can I say? I like reading jokes in my spare time. Lauryn loves when I tell them. Sometimes I feel like she giggles just to make me happy. That little girl is too smart for her age.

"I got another one. Why don't they play poker in the jungle?

"Too many cheetahs." I replied only to hear him huff.

"Okay, I know you don't know this one. How do you find Will Smith in the snow?" I thought about it, but the joke didn't ring a bell. I bet the answer is stupid.

"I don't know."

"Follow the fresh prince." I don't get it. I get Fresh Prince because of the show he was the main star in, but what does that have to do with snow?

"Would you care to explain, Mr. Jokester?"

"Prince is supposed to sound like prints that you leave behind in the snow or something."

"Oh. Now that's funny." I lightly chuckled.

"Bye Maia." He muttered in slight frustration.