Chapter 28

"Do you know what today is?
Do you know what today is?
It's our anniversary
It's our, it's our special day
Anniversary
Do you know what today is?
It's our anniversary
Made for you and me."
Tony! Toni! Toné! "Anniversary"

Maia

"I think the one in your hand is more turquoise. This looks more teal." I picked up the bottle of gel nail polish from the shelf and handed it to my Mom.

"I think you're right. I'll use this then. Do you think that I should do colored tips or have my nails normally painted?" She asked as we walked to the back of the spa. For as long as I've been alive, I've only seen my Mom get French tips on her hands and feet. It's nice to see her try something new. I really think she's doing it for my Dad because teal is his favorite color.

"I'm personally not a fan of colored tips, but you should have your nails done how you want."

"You are as helpful as your father is whenever I ask him which shoes I should wear."

"Happy to be of assistance." I smiled, before letting out a yawn.

"Did you get enough sleep last night after our all day outing?"

Yesterday, we all drove two hours to SeaWorld in San Diego including Zahair's mother since she's back in town for the holidays. Kenya told me that Mrs. Duncan has been pampering her the minute she stepped into their house. She's not allowed to cook, clean, or even walk to the bathroom alone. Trevor thought he was going to be relaxing during his vacation, but he's got some work to do. I don't think it bothers him since he was already treating Kenya like the queen she is. I think he just cares about being reunited with his mom.

SeaWorld has this Christmas celebration thing going on until early January. That was my second time going there in my entire life. My parents took me there when I was ten. After all that controversy with the orcas, I kind of gravitated towards taking the kids to DisneyLand but my Mom thought it was a good idea to go and we actually had a really good time. We saw different live shows, went on some rides, and had hot cocoa.

I'm really trying to spend time with my babies before they go to preschool next fall. I can already see myself bawling instead of them because of separation anxiety, but I have to accept that they're growing up. I believe they'll do fine because my bright little stars learn at a fast pace and love being around other kids. The minute Lauryn or Joshua complain that somebody is being mean to them, I'm bringing my *ss down there to have a chat with that child's parents.

"I'm fine. I just haven't had breakfast yet."

"Oh, I thought you got some last night because of this glow you have going on. Don't think I didn't notice."

"For your information, I did not. Kyrie was out before me. After I got the kids in bed and took a shower, I slept like a baby right next to him. I'm in a good place in my life right now because God has decided to favor me and my family. I'm also in love with an amazing man who has shown me true happiness."

"Maia, tell me you didn't." My mother covered her mouth in shock.

"Didn't what?" She didn't respond and forcibly grabbed my hand to examine it. "What are you looking for?"

"A ring. The last time you talked like this, you were announcing that you got married without your father and I."

"I wouldn't do that to you again. Next time, I'll call you on my wedding day." I chuckled, quickly dodging her hand that was ready to send me into the new year.