Chapter 19

"They say opposites attract, we can balance
I know whoever slept on you, couldn't manage
But I can blow a check on you, take advantage
Ayy, she a good girl (Good girl), but the baddest
And whoever told you different, they was cappin'
II know whoever slept on you couldn't manage
That's 'cause you inside a different type of bag, yeah."
Blxst "Every Good Girl"

Maia

"Simon says, touch your nose." Nowadays when I hear that two word phrase, I think of Megan Thee Stallion's song with Juicy J. That track has you twerking in your head if you can't do it where you are like at work or some other public place. I love how the Billy Paul "Me and Mrs. Jones" sample transitions into the Three 6 Mafia sample, getting you all hype. I prefer artists to be original, but if you do a good job with the sample and the original artist vibes with it, I think it's cool.

But hey, what do I know? I'm not a musician.

I gave the kids the command as we played one of my favorite childhood games. It really helped me learn my body parts when I was younger. I watched all five of them place their index fingers on those cute little buttons of theirs. "Wiggle your ears." I tried to trick them, but they didn't fall for it. I think it had to do with the fact that some of them looked at Tamera, who is the oldest one in the quintet, before making a move.

What a bunch of adorable cheaters.

"They are getting so good." Dad commented.

"I know. Our grandkids are growing up so fast. That must mean we're getting old!" Mom exclaimed as she watered her plants by the window sill in the kitchen. She grows herbs like parsley, mint, and thyme. The Botanist Queen also nurtures a small pot of aloe vera for healing burns and moisturizing dry skin.

"You are so dramatic. Now, who wants Oreos?" I pulled back the tab on the family size pack of Double Stuf Oreos. I honestly prefer the Golden Oreos to the classic chocolate ones and some people think I'm weird for that.

Oh well.

"Me!" Tamera, Noelle, Abigail, Lauryn, and Joshua ran out of their lineup to stand in front of me, jumping up and down with smiles on their faces. "Thank you." They each said one after the other before running to the living room with two Oreos each. I don't want them to spoil their appetites before dinner. I held Lauryn back for just a moment to fix her headband. I love how sleek her hair is and how good it smells. After that Johnson's cancer fiasco, I didn't hesitate to switch to Cantu Care for Kids. I wonder why I didn't use that brand in the first place when I use it.

"So, when are we leaving? I'm getting hungry." I asked Mom since she's in charge of our family outing this afternoon as I threw away my empty bottle of water into the recycling section of the automatic trash bin.

Go green.

Lately, I've been eating whatever I can easily find or whip up. I know that I'm craving something in particular, but I can't figure out what it is; it may be pizza.

"Soon. Be patient." She replied.

"I'm trying, but ever since you told me about the surprise, I've been anxious to see what it is." The doorbell suddenly rang and I furrowed my brows. Who could that be? Maybe my surprise is a special delivery.

"Somebody's at the door!" I heard Tristian yell.

"I'll get it...or not." I saw Dad get up from his seat and sit back down not even a second later after getting a look from Mom.