Epilogue

"He the savage of them all, he the one his partners call
Make shit right when they do wrong
Man I call that boy King Kong
He a beast out in the jungle, yeah we make the perfect couple
Makin' sure he never fumble, take a shot, shit make it double."
Saweetie "Respect"

Maia

"4 o'clock is fine." I told the medical receptionist over the phone.

"Okay, we'll see the three of you on Tuesday at 4. Have a good afternoon."

"Thank you. You too." I ended the call. Now that scheduling the kids' annual checkups is off my to do list, I can move on to some other pressing matters. I need to approve the designs for our new T-shirt and hoodie collection. Everyone has been telling me that I need to get my coins for some of the words I say in my interviews, YouTube collaborations, and Instagram lives like my type and high maintenance. I honestly didn't realize how instilled they were into my vocabulary. The hoodies will feature photos of outfits that my stylists and I put together with clothes I haven't put on the racks yet, but I'm in love with them.

 The hoodies will feature photos of outfits that my stylists and I put together with clothes I haven't put on the racks yet, but I'm in love with them

I also want the words on the T-shirts to have an airbrushed look and come in a huge variety of colors.

Oh, I'm also taking a look at the applications that came in for our Icy University. It's a mentoring program/internship I set up for current college students who want to go into the fashion industry. We've had hundreds of people apply and I'm trying to narrow the list down to 50 for interviews with the department heads and cutting that down to 25, 5 for each area. You don't have to have experience, need financial assistance, or be in the top ten of your class to clinch this opportunity. I'm looking for many different qualities including being intelligent, classy, and youthful. Your age doesn't matter, but I want them to have a positive energy and drive to work hard to achieve their goals in my small school. I mean, if we're going to pay you a decent wage, you should actually put some work into the tasks we assign to show them the ropes.

For the last year, ICY has set up pop up shops in the cities our customers voted for like the Bay Area, Miami, Houston, Boston, Atlanta, Chicago, And Detroit. We're taking over Brooklyn this summer. I would love to open another store, but I know I won't be able to monitor it as much as I would like to. Maybe this is the best option.

Just as I was looking for my stapler, my office phone started ringing.

"Good afternoon. This is Maia Sullivan. May I ask who I'm speaking with?"

"This is Jerry Seinfeld. I heard that you were upset about how my show ended." I rolled my eyes at the white boy voice Kyrie was using.

"Very funny, Kyrie." For the past few weeks, I've been dedicating every free minute I had to binge watch the tv show, Seinfeld because I wanted to see why it was considered the greatest sitcom of all time and better than Friends. I watched it when I was on the treadmill, whipping up something to eat, soaking in the bathtub, and doing the laundry. I enjoyed Seinfeld more than I thought I would, but that series finale had me f*cked up when I saw it last night. I knew that it was going to be bad and that is an understatement. I had to turn on the Bernie Mac show to get my mind off of it and lift my spirits up.