Chapter 22

"And I like that
I don't really give a fuck if I was just the only one
Who likes that
I never like to follow, follow, I would rather chase the sun
Oh me, oh me, oh me, oh my
I like that."
Janelle Monáe "I Like That"

Maia

I want to go on a cruise this summer.

This idea has been on my mind for the longest. I really need a vacation to relieve some stress. Traveling will also be a great experience for the kids because I want them to have adventurous and colorful childhood memories. I think Miami would be the ideal destination for our first family trip even though I'm not much of a beach person. Kyrie promised to take me to all of his favorite spots and teach me how to ride the waves since he's such an expert. Plus, there has to be a reason why college students love going there for spring break and tourists visit year round.

As long as I don't melt like butter or freeze like a popsicle, I'm down to go anywhere no matter the cost. I just want to relax and spend quality time with my babies. Look at me thinking about the future when I currently have more pressing matters to attend to.

I'm so hungry, I could eat a horse, but I don't feel like getting up.

Last night, I came straight home from the office because I was extremely exhausted. Things have gotten so hectic at work these past few months since we're expanding. There are countless meetings and the paperwork keeps piling up. Sometimes it feels like I'm choking me to death and I need to go to my happy place for a while, which is my lovely bed. The kids have been with my parents since yesterday morning after they volunteered to watch them. They'll be back in my arms after the party tonight.

I was too tired to cook, so I ordered a pizza for dinner. While I waited for it to be delivered, I showered to wake myself up a little because I was more than ready to count sheep. Then, I set up the tv show I've been binge watching lately on Amazon Prime, Monk. I don't know how many times I've gone through the entire series. All I can say is, I can't get enough of it.

You would say that I was acting like Kyrie was coming over when I slipped on my lace trim nightgown. It's not a crime to look sexy while pigging out; I should make that a new trend. I don't make it a habit to eat in my room, but last night was an exception because I knew that I would fall asleep after filling up my tank.

I ate an entire cheese pizza on my own. In my defense, it was only 12 inches. I also drank a couple of Honest Kids juice boxes that are meant for Lauryn and Joshua as I laid down, staring at the tv. I'm kind of glad nobody called me except for my Mom, so I could talk to the kids. I was able to reset with no interruptions, but it also felt like I didn't have any friends.

I woke up 5 hours later at around midnight and nearly peed on myself because my bladder was begging to be emptied. I haven't been able to fall asleep since then and my stomach is rumbling like thunder during a storm. I don't want to leave my warm cocoon and remove my eyes from the tv.

Suddenly, I heard the doorbell ring. Now, I have a reason to get up. I covered up my body with my pink kimono robe before leaving my room to answer the door. I looked through the peephole to see Kyrie covering his face with this huge vase of roses. I knew it was him because of the rings on his fingers. I got so excited because I haven't really seen him in person this week with my busy schedule.

"Baby!" He revealed his handsome smile and I got on my tippy toes. I wrapped my arms around his neck to plant a kiss on his sweet lips that I missed.