Chapter 26

"I cannot go
'Cause being confused just takes control
I hope we can start brand new
'Cause I don't want to lose you, oh no
With a love we share
Baby, it's oh so rare
I'm willing to try
And make you see
That all you need is here in me."
702 "Get It Together"

Maia

I am so off my game right now. I just handed over some documents to Calvin, but now I can't remember if I signed them after scan. That happens to me when I lock the front door or my car. I always have to go back because it completely skips my memory.

"Calvin, can you come back with the folder I just gave you so I can check something please?"

"Yes, ma'am. No problem."

"Thank you." I removed my finger from the intercom and sighed. I've honestly been stressing my *ss off lately.

ICY recently made an announcement that we were looking for brand ambassadors because if you really want to get your products out there, use social media instead of billboards and flyers. My aim is that these influencers won't do this job only for a check, but actually give honest reviews that will bring in new customers. We had this huge influx of applications from all over the world and the marketers have carefully examined them to select the best of them.

I also have no idea where Kyrie is because he won't pick up my calls and nobody seems to know his whereabouts.

For the past few days, I've been trying to narrow down a list of people I want to contact to see if they want to do a collaboration. I have so many people I would love to make collections with, but I have to study them for every angle. I don't want to bring somebody on board, then they publicly say or do something wrong which decreases the sales. The person also needs to be genuine, professional, and liked across several demographic groups. So far, I'm thinking about Kyla Pratt, Vanessa Hudgens, Keri Hilson, Ashley Graham, Trina, Keke Palmer, and Naturi Naughton.

I'm also preparing for the launch of the men's department next year in March. I heard a knock at the door.

"Come in." Calvin walked in with the folder in hand.

"Here you go, boss lady."

"Thank you. You can have a seat. I won't take long." I started scanning through the documents, seeing my signature at the bottom of each page. I knew it.

"Ms. Sullivan?"

"Yes?"

"I know it's none of my business, but you've been moody lately. Every morning, you usually skip into your office. Now, you just come in looking depressed and you only come out for a meeting or to use the bathroom. Are you okay?"

"Yeah, it's just stress but it'll all blow off soon."

"Mr. Thompson hasn't been around lately. Does he have anything to do with your funk?"

 Does he have anything to do with your funk?"