Chapter 16

"My friends, real friends, better than your friends, yeah
That's how we keep popping out that Benz, yeah
Faux friends, real friends, better than your friends, yeah
Ask them, ask them, they know all my business."
The Carters "FRIENDS"

Benita

I could've sworn I just had it. I hate when I lose something that was in my hand only a second ago. Let me retrace my steps.

I exited the bathroom with it, blasting Ari Lennox's album after I did my makeup. I don't only like music that can make me get up and twerk; I also enjoy songs that are slow and soothing to my ears.

I went to my jewelry box on the dresser to find some earrings. That's when I turned off the music, and I picked up my white, pink, and gold Reebok Aztreks from the closet. I like how all these brands are bringing back old shoes with a modern twist to stay up with the trends.

Back to the matter on ground, I'm going to feel so stupid and blind when I finally find my phone. The only reason I'm stressing over finding it is to keep track of the time because I'm expecting important visitors in a little while.

"What are you looking for?" Kobe asked me. Now he asks after watching me run around like a raving mad lunatic.

"My phone. You saw me with it, didn't you?"

"It's in your back pocket." He turned me around and pulled it out of my pocket, waving it in his hand.

"I didn't even feel it there. Give it here."

"Damn, I look sexy as f*ck." Kobe admired the picture of us on my lock screen. I reached for it and he moved back, laying on the bed and holding my cellular device far away from my reach.

"Baby, stop playing. Maia and the kids are going to be here soon." I whined, climbing on top of the bed. He pulled me onto him like I was in the mood for games.

"That's all I need." He smirked until I crossed my arms and pouted. "Why do I have to leave?" Kobe groaned.

"Only girls with the exception of Joshua are allowed. Unless you have something you want to tell me, it's time for you to bounce." I snatched my phone out of his hand and got off of him, standing up. I grabbed his arm and pulled his lazy *ss off my bed. I pushed him out of my bedroom and he finally got the memo as we walked down the stairs.

"Fine. I'll go be with someone who loves me." Kobe placed his hand on the door knob.

"Boy, stop being so dramatic and go hang out with your brothers like you always do."

"I can't be going see somebody else?"

"If you still want to be able to call me your girlfriend and have that thing in between your legs, I would advise you not to try it." I gave him a fake smile.

"You know I'm just playing." He laughed, kissing my lips as he stepped outside.

"Bye." I waved, watching him walk to his car with a small smile on my face. I love him, but sometimes he can get on my nerves. He knows that I came home late last night from a stressful wedding I was working at. I was in charge of the bride's and her bridesmaids' makeup looks since I am a makeup artist. I could have opened my own studio with my cosmetology license, but I enjoy being a freelance MUA. Sometimes, I travel to places I've never been before. I wouldn't be able to focus on the shop and some of my employees could try to play with my money. I won't hesitate to fight anybody who messes with my money.