Chapter 16

***Chapter 16***

Sora let out a long sigh as she went back into her house. It had been a long night. She ran her fingers through her hair as she tried to straighten it out, and she jumped when she saw her sister standing alone, looking at her with a small glare.

"Where the heck were you?" She asked frantically, "It's past curfew!"

"Only by ten minutes!" Sora said, "And besides, I told you I was gonna be at Haruhi's." Sora said, that didn't calm her down.

"I called your cell three times!" Isabella said, "Why didn't you answer?"

"Because it was you, and you called three times." Sora said, walking around her, "You should know by now that I can take care of myself." Isabella followed her.

"Sora, after everything that's happened, I have a right to worry!" She said as she followed her to the kitchen, Sora rolled her eyes as she kept talking, "I mean, for god's sakes, think of what would happen if Dad found out what you were really doing!" Sora paused, looking back at her little sister.

"What I was really doing?" She repeated, hoping she hadn't been found out.

"Yes, you know how much dad hates the idea of one of us alone with a boy." Isabella said, Sora breathed an internal sigh of relief. "And if that wasn't enough, there's somebody there that's out to hurt you, or worse!"

"I hope you don't mean what I think you mean." Alfonso said, jumping out of nowhere and startling the two sisters.

"When the heck did you get here?" Sora asked, looking up at him.

"I've been here." Alfonso said, "And what's this about someone out to get you?" Sora grimaced.

"Um..." She scratched the back of her neck nervously, "Remember the other night, when I came home and said I couldn't drive my car anymore?"

"Yeah." Alfonso said.

"Well... It was kind of... vandalized." Sora said cautiously, waiting for his reaction.

"What kind of 'vandalized'?" Alfonso asked, narrowing his eyes suspiciously at his sister.

"Well, it was... spray painted, and the tires were slashed, the windows were smashed, and it had been keyed everywhere." Sora said, waiting for her brother to explode on her.

"Uh huh..." Was all he said, "Anything else?"

"There... there was a note." Sora said, Alfonso kept looking at her, "It basically said, 'stay away from my man, you bitch.' And that was it." Alfonso reached his hand up to his temples, massaging them.

"And you didn't say anything about this because...?" He asked.

"Because I didn't think they were out to kill me?" Sora said in a small voice. Now he exploded.

"Did you just say kill?!" Alfonso exclaimed, Sora flinched, "Do I want to know what happened?"

"They tried to smash me with a potted plant from a fourth story window." Sora said in that same small voice. Alfonso stared at her incredulously.

"Okay, you're changing schools." He said, Sora's eyes widened, "I'll get the papers ready, and you're getting out of that school."

"Al, no!" Sora said, grabbing his arm before he went off to tell their father, "I don't want to leave Ouran!"

"You've been complaining about that club of yours for weeks." Alfonso said, "I think you'd be happy to leave."

I would be, Sora thought to herself, If I wasn't ear-deep in debt to Kyoya Ootori. "Please, let me stay." Sora said, "It's not that bad there. The kendo team is going to nationals! I want to at least help them prepare for it." She gave him 'the look', and he faltered. It was her best weapon against him, ever since they were kids. All she would have to do is give him 'the look' and he'd cave instantly, "Please."