C H A P T E R T W E N T Y - S I X

"It was the divine right that brought Richard III to believe that he was powerful and the only deserver of the throne of England" the professor explained as my phone sounded in my pocket.

I had a text from Noah: I'm hoping you have no plans tonight :)

I zoned out of the lecture as I sent a teasing reply: why's that Noah?

His reply was almost instantaneous: because I'm going to fill your 'no plans' with plans

I couldn't help the smile that erupted onto my face when he text me: I'll pick you up at 5 ;)

I smiled as I went to send a text back and saw people get up all around me. I realised the lecture was over and packed all my stuff in my bag. I headed back to my room to get changed as I text Noah back finally: see you soon :))

It rolled around to 4:30 soon enough and I was sitting on my bed, ready, just like I had been for the past half hour.

I don't know what had willed me to get ready so early and quickly but here I sat, ready, waiting for Noah. I pulled out my phone to play a game as I got a text from Noah: I'm on my way, hope you're ready Miss Thomas

I stifled out a laugh as I messaged back: I've been ready for the past hour, I wouldn't worry about me not being ready :)

Noah quickly text back: glad to see you're as excited as me then, I'll drive faster;)

I messaged a reply quickly: please just stick to the speed limit Noah!

His reply never came. I was hoping that he wasn't stupid and had seen my message or something, that he hadn't crashed or was lying somewhere bleed-

Knocks sounded on the door as I rushed off of my bed to it. On the third knock I swung the door open. "Noah James why would you worry me like that!" I shouted into his face.

"Worry you?" He asked with a quizzical look. I shoved my phone into his face, "you didn't reply!"

He smirked coyly, "Juliet don't tell me you're one of those girls who go crazy when their boyfriend doesn't text back" he asked.

"You said you were going to hurry and then didn't reply! I thought you'd crashed or something" I defended as he made a face of realisation as what he had done. He pulled out his phone quickly and I felt my hand buzz in my hand.

I saw I had another text from Noah: ;)

I shook my head and smiled at the idiot before me, "you're not my boyfriend either" I said walking back into my room to fetch my keys.

"You didn't deny it immediately" he called into the room. "Because I had to deal with your idiocy first!" I argued.

"We'll agree to disagree" I heard him mutter as I found my keys and closed the door behind me.

"Are you planning on telling me where we're going yet?" I prodded as Noah shoved his hands into his pockets.

"Where's the fun in that?" He teased with a deep chuckle.

We crossed the courtyard that left to the front of the university in a comfortable silence and walked to his car.

He walked to my side of his car as he opened the door quickly for me, "this mutual 'get together' is seeming very dately" I commented with a smirk as Noah shrugged his shoulders and I slid in, "we're playing this mutual thing by my rules Thomas".

He walked around the car and got in next to me. "What's your rules?" I asked with a small smile on my face.

"I have three" he stated calmly starting up the engine. "Go on Mr James" I teased rather intrigued.

"Number 1" he said pulling away from the university, "don't give away the location - be mysterious",

"Consider that met" I giggled as he chuckled and continued, "number 2, chivalry and compliments are not dead concepts".

We pulled up to a red light as he turned and said to me, "no one has ever looked more beautiful than you do in this very moment" he breathed.

A blush exploded over my face as I couldn't control the grin on my face, "thank you Noah. Consider number 2 done and done".

Pulling away from the red light I couldn't stop staring at the beautiful smile on his face.

"Number 3" he finally said pulling around a corner, "don't let her fall-"

"Fall?" I questioned interrupting as he smiled and finished,

"For anyone else".