C H A P T E R T W E N T Y - N I N E

"Shit" I heard him whisper, "there's probably clowns in this ho-"

"I know" I interrupted.

"Juliet why wouldn't you tell me earlier? Damn. Why didn't I ask? Fuck. Are you okay? Ignore that, you're obviously not. I'm such an id-"

"Noah" I interrupted his ramble, "I didn't want to tell you because you looked so happy about it and I've been to circuses before and I enjoyed them and I was sure I could here too - just with ignoring the clowns. You didn't need to ask because how were you to know to check if I was afraid of clowns? And please don't blame yourself I said not to".

I tried to answer his questions and hoped that I'd answered them all as I said, "did I answer them all?"

I heard him chuckle, "you didn't answer if you were okay",

"I don't think you want to know" I answered laughing nervously. "Juliet" Noah called,

"Yes?" I replied,

"You are the most kind, considerate and amazing person I have ever met but you're also the most stupid person for walking into this house" he and I both laughed.

"Yeah you and my subconscious keep reminding me" I said.

"I can call the guy to get you ou-"

"No" I interrupted once again.

"No?" He repeated into a question.

"Enjoy yourself please, I'm sure I can get through a scary house without completely combusting" I explained with a little more confidence

"Are you sure? I-" he tried again,

"Noah James! I expect you to own this house and beat both Dom and Kyla outside for the both of us" I said and he laughed,

"Will do my lady" he chuckled as I shook my head.

"As soon as I hear you shout just know I'm coming to save you" he said. I could tell he was teasing but the tone of seriousness did not go unheard.

"It'll be screaming that you hear more than shouting if I need you Mr James" I said trying to turn the conversation back into a jovial one.

"Are you-" he started again,

"Noah!"

"Okay I'm going I'm going..You'll be okay Juliet I promise" he said quietly.

I heard his footsteps begin to trail down the quiet corridor, "now to face my very own horror movie" I said turning to face the dark corridor.

I shuddered just looking at it.

I took a deep breath in and stood straighter. To get through the severe anxiety I was feeling I decided to tell myself one thing - there may not even be clowns.

Ghosts, gouls, zombies, vampires and werewolves were the most predominant thing to be found in the typical house of horrors. This seemed to settle my mind and my stomach slightly as I padded through the corridor.

A black door with a silver handle waited at the end of corridor. Lights ruminated from underneath it and mechanic laughing could be heard from the other side.

I swung it open quickly to prevent myself from deciding to never open it and entered the room.