C H A P T E R T H I R T Y - T W O

I had no clue how long we'd been sitting here but I knew that Noah had shown no signs of leaving or frustration.

I pulled away from him and Noah stared at me intently.

"Thank you" I whispered out so quietly that had he not been paying so much attention, he would have probably missed it.

"I promised you that I would come and I wasn't about to go and break that promise" he exclaimed offering me a small smile.

My breathing and heart had calmed significantly and I couldn't help but thank Noah for it. I went to stand up as Noah jumped up and offered me his hand.

He watched and assured that I stood up and was balanced. "Let's get out of here" he said walking beside me to the other door.

I hadn't noticed before but the room was full of coffins, stakes and low, red lights.

A wolfs howling joined the eery music as we crossed the floor. Noah refused to take his eyes off of me and it led to me being unable to even look at him, but I could still feel his gaze.

We were centimetres from the door when a mechanical body raised from the ground and hissed at us. We both jumped in alarm as Noah stepped in front of me.

"Fuck" he whispered, "that's the second time this thing has got me tonight" he said turning around to look at me. "Are you okay?"

I looked at Noah who still seemed slightly flustered at the risen vampire. He watched me as his chest rose and fell quickly and I laughed.

He looked at me in utter surprise and asked, "Juliet why are you laughing?",

"You were scared too" I explained continuing to laugh. He shook his head and a smile grew on his face, "I'm glad you're back to being yourself" he smiled as he placed his hand on my lower back and walked me through the door.

"Why did you step in front of me if it made you jump?" I asked as we didn't find another room but a corridor and proceeded to walk down it.

"Because" he started, "I wanted to ensure you were safe and didn't get scared again". He scratched the back of his neck and I was sure I saw a slight blush heat up his cheeks but was distracted as he opened another door that led us outside.

"What took you so long James?" Dom asked stepping forward, "damn vampire got me again" Noah said causing Dom to laugh.

"Understandable" Dom stated, "me and Ky were going to get food you want any?"

"No I'm good thanks" Noah said as he turned his head and looked at me, "no thank you" I said quietly as Dom nodded and took off with Kyla in tow.

I took a seat on the bench nearest as Noah lowered himself in front of me. "Can I get you anything?" He asked with concern lacing his voice.

"Noah you've done enough thank you, I'm really fine now" I explained as I put my hand on his shoulder.

"I can't help but feel angry at myself for bringing you here and ruining this, should we go? I'll tell Dom w-" he began to ramble as I moved my hand from his shoulder to over his mouth.

"You haven't ruined anything, we can still have fun" I said slowly bringing my hand down from his mouth.

He shuffled closer and eyed me carefully, "you're so different from anyone I know".

"Different good I hope" laughing nervously,

"Different amazing" he assured me.