C H A P T E R S E V E N

I heard numbers being shouted and then the word 'sold' and I knew Kane was done for.

I took a seat on the sofa and waited for my next set of instructions from Kenna.

I did not wait a short while as I heard another name being called. I remembered Ashleigh saying there was three of us so assumed that meant we had one go each.

At least I get a damn break.

This was short lived as I heard Kenna in my ear once again, "the second guy is pulling up Juliet".

I stood up and replied, "aye aye Captain" and made my way to the front of the venue once again; walking past the coat collectors who seemed to be having a much more chilled time than myself.

The same 4x4 was parked outside as the doors opened once again to reveal a guy also in a black suit but completely different to Kane.

To say he was good looking was an understatement. His dark skin and hazel eyes complimented each other so well that it was hard to tear your eyes away and the smile he was currently wearing was not short of spectacular.

"Ezra Osei?" I asked towards the guy.

"Is it too late to turn back now" he chuckled deeply.

"That it is" I smiled, "follow me".

I ran through the same path once again and brought him to the room.

"Welcome to the waiting room" I said upon entry.

"How fitting" he laughed, "Dressed as an angel whilst I await my impending doom".

I laughed, "doom that you agreed to voluntarily" I mentioned.

"Nothing is ever voluntary when your girlfriend is running the show" he said in response.

"Ashleigh?" I questioned to ensure I was thinking of the right person which earned a nod from Ezra.

"Ashleigh was willing to auction you off?!" I said in utter surprise.

"Don't sound too surprised" he laughed, "that girl would do whatever it takes to ensure the job is done well. That's what I love about her".

"That's so sweet" I said feeling my face grow into a large smile.

"Sorry but you are?" He asked.

"Sorry I'm Juliet" I said holding out my hand, "I'm thinking I need to approach this differently as it makes it more awkward when you don't know my name and that this has now happened twice".

He shook it with a smile and chuckled whilst saying, "as this has happened twice then maybe just a little".

Amidst the conversation Kenna tuned in as she said, "time to make a move Thomas".

I motioned Ezra over to the door as Ashleigh announced, "next up, we have the one and only Ezra Osei!" She called.

"Your woman awaits" I said opening the door.

"Let's face the belly of the beast. See you later Juliet" Ezra said with a final smile and left for the stage.

The same whistling, clapping and whoops could be heard and I knew he had made it.

Closing the door I considered it another job well done and took another seat for break number 2.