C H A P T E R F O U R T Y - T W O

"Juliet has something she wants to ask you Noah" she blurted out earning a scowl from me, "don't you Juliet".

Noah watched us curiously as I watched a smirk crawl onto his face, "whats that?" He asked.

My eyes flitted from Noah to Emilia and back to him again. I groaned, "Do you have any other plans for half term?" I asked,

His eyebrows furrowed momentarily as he looked at me and replied, "no, all plans blew away with the wind" he teased which made me scowl harder.

Emilia nudged me with her elbow and muttered a 'hurry up' through gritted teeth. "Would you like to come with me to my parents for the half term?" I asked refusing to make eye contact with Noah,

I heard him chuckle slightly, "Is this your consolidation for letting go of the plane ticket?" He asked,

"Of sorts" I muttered.

"Well then I accept this invitation" he said grinning wildly.

"You will?!" I asked in utter alarm,

His face dropped slightly, "did you expect me to say no?",

"Well kind of?" I said weakly,

"If you don't want me to or if I'm intruding then I-" he started,

"It's not that Noah I just didn't actually expect you to want to spend the holiday with them" I explained.

He chuckled deeply, "if they're anything like you I'm sure I'll love it".

"Great!" Emilia called as she stood there with a massive smile. "Can I get back to class now?" Noah chuckled.

We nodded as he left us there and sent us a small wave as he entered the class. "That went better than expected" Emilia said as she began to walk off and I followed in her footsteps.

"Oh so it was expected?" I asked with a raised eyebrow, "Yeah. You were always going to ask and he was always going to say yes" she said cockily,

"Why were they both such a given?" I asked curiously,

"You were always going to ask him because not only would the guilt eat you alive but also because you care for Noah more than you care to admit and you don't want to ruin his break for him. Noah was always going to say yes because he cares for you too and would probably admit it if you weren't so stubborn or reluctant with him or maybe he just feels he has nothing better to do", I swatted her on the arm for the last comment.

"Firstly I wasn't always going to ask him, you pressured me don't forget it! As for Noah and my stubbornness or reluctant-ness I think that's absolute crap!" I retorted.

"Why are you so rejecting of the way you feel about Noah?" Emilia prodded,

"I have no idea what you're talking about, we're simply friends and that's all there is to it. I'm rejecting nothing"

"Whatever you say Juliet. Just know that I can see past your façade, even if you cant" and she waved to me as she headed towards her part of our block.

As I strode up the stairs I couldn't help but think of what Noah thought about me. Did he think I was stubborn? Did he think I was reluctant?

Caring for Noah was not something I was afraid to admit because I did care for him - in the friend way. I cared that he was looking after himself. I cared that he wasn't upset, alone or any reason otherwise being negatively impacted by anything? I cared if I spoke to him. I cared if I saw him. I cared when I didn't hear from him. I care-

Where was I going with this? I thought to myself mid sentence and shook away my ramblings.

My main focus now was telling my mum and dad that I was bringing home a boy for summer.

A boy called Noah James.