C H A P T E R F I F T Y - O N E

Hand holding.

It was such a small, insignificant gesture but right now it suited whatever this was.

Noah had kind of said where he was coming from and I had yet to know where my head was but right now, with my hand in his, it didn't feel wrong and if it didn't feel wrong then it was okay with me.

"Noah" I said as we walked back up the road to my house. "Yeah?" He replied.

"I'm sorry about your parents" I whispered as he let out a sigh, "nothing in this world is perfect eh? Getting what you want is so much harder then it seems" he said chuckling sadly.

"There's always something" he whispered more to himself than I.

I pulled my hand from his which earned his attention as I wrapped my arms around his torso. His arms copied my action and against his chest I couldn't help but think of the naked encounter we had been privy to and I blushed ferociously and pulled away from him.

We walked back to my house in a calm silence and it gave me time to think. Time to think about what had happened. What was happening and what I wanted from it.

More to the point - what I wanted with Noah James.

The boy who had served his sister for a charity event and from there, began burrowing into my heart and mind.

He was a constant thought, a constant feeling that I never wanted to be rid of.

We were outside my house as I said, "Noah" and he turned to face me and I kissed him.

It was nothing like the kisses we had shared before, it was gentle and caring and that was what I wanted him to feel.

"What was that for?" He asked with a smile,

"Because I don't know how to describe it either".

A massive grin erupted onto his face as we entered the house and prepared for another evening of Thomas family fun.

The evening soon came and went with dinner and a movie. I ended up sitting pretty close to Noah and had my mum watching me the whole evening with a huge smile embedded onto her face.

When mum and dad left with quiet 'goodbyes' I found myself cuddling into Noah and his arm wrapping around me. It was warm and comfortable and different. A good different.

When the movie finished neither of us moved and for a moment I thought Noah was asleep. I looked up and saw him looking down at me with a small smile which caused me to blush.

I quickly looked away but Noah placed his hand on my chin and brought my gaze back up to his, "Why are you hiding? Do I make you nervous?" He chuckled.

I huffed, not because I was angry but because he was right and quickly tried to get off the sofa. "No Juliet come back" he said grabbing my arm.

I turned and saw the expression on his face and immediately forgave him - dammit. I walked back over to him but a coy smirk grew on my face which I quickly hid. This will be Karma for the other day.

I sauntered over to him and straddled his lap. His eyes widened briefly as he said, "Juliet what are you doing?"

I shook my head and put on an innocent face, "I don't know what you're talking about". His hands fell down to my hips as he held me in place as I bit my lip.

His eyes dropped down to my lips and lingered slightly. "Are you staring Mr James?" I teased as I saw him leaning in closer.

He looked up at me with a confused face as I then jumped off of his lap causing surprise to infect his face. Realisation hit his face with wide eyes as he said, "well played Miss Thomas" and he stood up across from me.

He then picked me up by my thighs and put us against the wall. His lips brushed my neck gently as I shuddered. Trailing kisses up my neck to under my ear I felt my entire body tingle.

"Now you need to learn about what happens when you tease me Thomas"