C H A P T E R S I X T E E N

"We didn't!" I retaliated unable to contain the blush making an appearance on my face.

"Well she thinks we did" he batted back.

"Yeah well she isn't right about most things" I stated matter of factly.

"Nothing sounded wrong to me" he teased.

"Yeah well she thinks 'go for Goldman is a good answer to a phone call" I scoffed,

"It's not bad" he retaliated as leant back and onto his arms.

"She thinks your name and face are sexy!" I argued back, "you don't?" Noah asked sitting up abruptly and stopping directly in front of my face.

My face blushed feverishly once again as I stuttered out a, "n-n-no".

He smirked and sat back a little, "well I can't be ugly if I did get sold at the auction yesterday" he said.

"I was wondering how that went" I said trying to take the heat out of the previous question.

"That red head inside was the girl" he started "I'm taking her out on Sunday".

"Isn't that tomorrow?" I asked.

"Yep he nodded, had to happen quickly so I can get it out of the way" he answered.

"I bet the auction happened as quickly as your handiling of the situation" I teasingly commented.

Noah chuckled, "they were all fighting over me" he replied.

"Now why would they do that?" I asked starting to giggle at this stage.

"I think it was the blonde hair, brown eye combo" he commented confidently.

"I can promise you" I giggled, "your hair is doing absolutely nothing for me".

He looked at me with a fake pained look and asked, "why is that miss Juliet"

"Being blonde is an instant turn off for me" I said shrugging my shoulders.

I could feel the drink slowly starting to wear off with the air and water clearing my head.

"I refuse to believe that" Noah said with further confidence.

"Why's that?" I asked crossing my arms across my chest.

"You can't dislike someone for their hair colour" he stated.

"Well I do" I said.

"Well what if you fell in love with a blonde person?" Noah asked turning the conversation from banterful to serious. "Well I just wouldn't" I answered, "to fall in love with them would imply liking them and dating them first and I don't like blondes and I don't date blondes".

"I think that's utter nonsense" Noah said shaking his head.

"I didn't ask you whether you found my answer to be nonsense or not" I said feeing slightly agitated.

"Don't you think it's unjustified?" He asked staring at me intently. "No at all" I retaliated, wanting the conversation to end I stood up, "who I like and don't like is up to me and can't be helped and that's justification enough!".

"It's only a hair colour?" He asked standing up with me. "That can be implied in every instance" I commented, "it's only skin colour, it's only a gender but you don't question it then?"

"Yeah...well...those are more important" he huffed out, "Not to me, hair colour is important" I said watching the clear confliction on Noah's face.

I began to walk back through the house to make my way home. This conversation and lack of intoxication had depleted my 'fun' and I was ready to go home.

"Where are you going?" Noah asked rushing up to me. "Home" I replied bluntly.

"I didn't mean to offend you" Noah replied like a scorned child, "everyone has a different opinion" I said shrugging my shoulders. 

"Exactly, so I should have respected yours" he said, "yes you should have" I replied.

"Let me take you home as an apology?"he asked. I said over my shoulder, "that's not an apology".

"Everyone has a different opinion" he stated using my words against me. I turned around to scorn him but upon seeing the small smirk on his face I shook my head and laughed.

"It better be one hell of a ride home Noah James" I said,

"You bet it will be Miss Juliet" he responded saluting me and slapping a wide smile on his face.