24

"Have we found this teddy yet" Ariana asks "no" Sophie pouts making Joe pick up his phone. "Hi Sarah if I send you a photo of a bear will you look around your house for it" Joe asks "of course" Sarah replies "Ariana can I have a photo of it" Joe asks "yeah" Ariana says letting Joe take a photo.

Joes phone began to ring again and Joe picks it up. "I have it" Sarah asks confused "where was it" Joe asks "Lexies room in the cupboard" Sarah says "right I'm coming over to get it" Joe says "okay" she ends the call.

"Please can I come Joe please" Sophie asks "sure its your teddy" Joe says putting on his shoes and grabbing his keys and they both drive to Lexies house.

Sophie runs over to the teddy bear and holds on to it before going back to Joe. "Is it ripped" Joe asks making Sophie look at it "no but I would have killed her if it was" Sophie sniffs "oh Sophie sweetheart I'm so sorry" Sarah pouts "can we go I want mummy" Sophie asks getting upset. "Of course" Joe rubs her back. "It doesn't feel like daddy anymore" Sophie sobs making both their hearts break.

Sophie runs into her mums arms. "Mummy can you wash it" Sophie sniffs "baby girl you never let me wash it" Ariana says and it was true Ariana had to do it when she wasn't watching. "It has Lexie all over it and it doesn't feel like daddy anymore" Sophie sniffs "what will make it feel like daddy again" Ariana asks "I don't know mummy you know your trick to make it like him" Sophie says kissing her cheek making Ariana chuckle "how do you make it her daddy's again then" Joe asks "normally wash it with in of his things but I'll just spray his aftershave on it" Ariana says walking to the washing machine and putting it in with some clothes and making sure it was on the right setting before turning it on.

*****
"Baby I can't do it" Ariana sobs her hand shaking as she had Malcolms aftershave in her hand. Joe walks over to Ariana and rubs her back. "Do it for Sophie" Joe says "its not that simple. This is what he used everyday" Ariana sniffs "its okay Ari. She knows you hurt to. She will understand" Joe tells her. "Can you do it" Ariana looks up to him. "I'll stay with you while you do it but I wont do it for you because thats makes me feel guilty" Joe rubs her back, Ariana sprays the aftershave on the teddy before putting it back down away from reach since it was the bottle he left at hers.

Ariana walks to Sophie room and Sophie smiles up to her mother who handed her the teddy back. "Daddy" Sophie smiles "you remember what he smelt like" Ariana asks and Sophie nods. "Sort of" Sophie smiles kissing her cheek. "Has anything else gone missing out of your room" Ariana asks "I don't think so I still have my blanket and that possibly my favourite" Sophie shrugs "do you miss daddy" Sophie asks "all the time" Ariana sits on the bed. "Spraying your teddy was the hardest thing I've had to do" Ariana says "I'm sorry" Sophie pouts "there will never be a day that goes by that I don't miss him. There will never be a day that goes by that I wont regret not helping him while he was still here" Ariana says "don't blame yourself mummy" Sophie hugs her "I felt like I had to be the one to make him better. For you and me but I failed" Ariana sobs "mummy you made him sober once and he went back to it that isn't your fault you were both stressed" Sophie says "have you ben googling me" Ariana asks wiping her eyes "I was too afraid to Ask" Sophie pouts "Sophie you ask me anything. It may upset me but I want you to feel as close to your dad as you possibly can" Ariana tells her "then why wont you let me go to his house" Sophie asks "do you really want to go and see it" Ariana asks and Sophie nods. "Then I will make that happen" Ariana says "what after shave did he use" Sophie asks making Ariana shrugs "I don't know never really took notice and the name has rubbed off the one i have but ask Grandma she will know" Ariana smiles lightly before leaving her to watch her film.

Ariana walks to Hudsons room where it was a tip "clean your room" Ariana asks "okay mummy" Hudson pouts getting up off his bed. "What are you doing" Ariana asks "trying to change the bed" he pouts making Ariana giggle and help him. "Why do you have such a big bed" he pouts "don't complain you like it really" she laughs jumping on to him. "I do but not when we have to change it" he says laying her down. "How are you from last night" he asks "sore" she giggles making him pout "its not sore as in we fucked to hard I just don't normally jump of someone" she says making him nod "I want to take care of you" Joe says "how" Ariana asks "Ill give you a bath and I don't know" he pouts sitting her on his knee. "Why cant I just have a shower and then cuddle that makes me feel better" Ariana asks "you just love cuddles" he smiles "they are the best thing ever" she smiles.