Too Easily [Sleepxiety]

Start from the beginning

"You know my order, Doll. Virgil? What would you like? I'll buy you something to watch too if you want it."

Remy smiled sweetly, almost too sweetly to be his normal sassy self. Virgil rose an eyebrow, and Remy insisted without saying a word. Virgil nodded, understanding that Remy was treating. Golly, this really was a date wasn't it? Remy felt the honeyglow in his cheeks. How long had that been there?

"I'll take a triple espresso. Oh, and a toasted bagel. Plain. No Cream Cheese please."

Dodie nodded and rang it up. Before Virgil could pull out his wallet Remy flicked out his credit card and smirked at him, raising both eyebrows up and down in a knowing way before sliding it across, completing the transaction. Foti had already started working on gathering everything. The store was empty. It was all theirs. Remy gestured for Virgil to lead the way and he chose to sit at the bar. Remy graciously sat next to him. Neither of them had their phones, so they couldn't not interact with eachother. However, no words were needed to be happy.

There was a comfortable silence before the two received their orders. Remy took a long sip of the autumn themed drink. Perfect. Just the way he liked it. With a smile, he glanced over at Virgil. He wasn't smiling nearly a day much. Was something wrong? Remy reached over to touch him, but froze. Should he really touch him? Even if just a simple holding his shoulder to ask what's wrong? Virgil looked up from his brooding to realize what was going on. Virgil let out a long sigh before explaining.

"Sorry, Rem. I'm just stressed. The guys keep pushing me aside and keep overlooking most of my valid points. Roman tells me I'm stupid and too negative. Logan tells me I'm absurd and overthinking it. Patton tries to reassure me I'm okay when I'm not. It makes me feel like I'm not worth it, ya'know? It's a lot for one singular guy to be the bad news bear. I know you took me away to cheer me up when I obviously needed it, and I'm sorry for making you do that. I'm not really worth it."

Remy had his jaw dropped to the counter he was so appalled. Not worth it?! Over his dead body! Virgil was such an amazing person. He was so dedicated to his cause. He always had his opinions and would prove his side. He was always there to double and triple check over everything! Like the quality inspections! Without him, everything would be in shambles! Like that little chart Logan showed everyone proved. Remy didn't bother remembering the name. Remy didn't care about overstepping his boundaries. He spun Virgil around in the stool and held onto his shoulders, forcing him to look in his eyes. He flicked his sunglasses down to show how genuine he was.

"You listen up and you listen up real good now. Never ever say that you aren't good enough again. Everybody had their downsides and slumps and flaws, but that makes us beautiful! If we were perfect, we wouldn't slay now would we? We'd be plastic. We maylook like Kim Kardashian but have the perosnality of a slice of bread. And that's not fun. You're broody and kinda depressing sometimes, sure. Whatever. But that's who you are and what you bring to the table is a new color that completes he rainbow. And is every color in the rainbow gorgeous! ABSO-FUCKING-LUTELY!!! Look, no one is perfect. You're not going to be happy or perfectly fine every single time. You're gonna get stressed and you're gonna have flaws. Accept it, Embrace it, and Slay on. True Kweens Slay On."

Remy just let the words pour, even though he repeated himself over several times. Virgil stared at him. Remy realized just how tight he was gripping onto his shoulder and just how close their faces had gotten, so Remy pulled back and let go. Wow, he was practically falling off his stool and didn't realize it. Was he that into his speech? Remy took an awkward gulp of his pumpkin spice seasonal depression. He lives for it. He glanced over at Virgil, who had just popped a torn piece of bagel in his mouth. He swallowed it hard after chewing and took a small sip of his coffee. He was almost treating it like alcohol.

"Slay on... Huh? That's a fun way to look at it... Do you really think I can?"

Virgil looked up at him with big, hopeful, puppy dog eyes. He looked like a small kitten in the rain that's just been kicked. Remy wanted to take him in his arms and rock him to sleep while singing a lullaby in the style of lofi jazz music. Maybe Caleb Belkin's "I Fall In Love Too Easily" would do. Remy smiled warmly just to make him feel better. He scooted his stool over and wrapped a warm arm around him. He leaned his head on his shoulder and said four words in a hushed tone to help Virgil Reaffirm himself.

"I know you will."

1705 Words

Im really proud of this one. It had a strong moral message near the end of the story and hinted at it in the begining, it had a pretty decent word count, thought I think Virgil is super OOC and too casual to be himself and Remy isn't sassy enough... it needs work.... but it also has good things about it. Like the moral, it has assets and flaws; strengths and weaknesses. And I'm proud of that.

I love you, wherever and whoever you are! Know that you are loved, because you are a wonderful human being who deserves respect. Internet hugs and blow kisses!

~Eva