Twenty-Eight

Read my new story: The Definition of Love (Raura)
Twenty-Eight

Trapped in a small cubicle against the wall, Laura stares out of the bars of her prison cell at the opposite wall.

This was how it ends, right? Prison?

Her career was over, she's never going to college, she'll never love a normal life, never love like she loved Ross...

Oh, Ross.

Thinking of him made Laura sink to the floor, crying hysterically. She's the one who killed him.

It played back in her mind; from when his heart was beating to when it suddenly ended because of that stupid green liquid.

How can she be so naive? It had to be a set up. It had to be.

Especially if the person who was talking on the phone was her...

Krystal.

Krystal was the voice one. She put the green liquid in voice two's room. Whoever voice two is...

In the middle of her sulking, Detective Miles comes down the hallway and pulls a chair out in front of Laura's jail cell in the police station.

She looks up to him, scowling. "Are you happy? You got what you wanted." She tells him, bitterly. "Ross is gone and you arrested me for interfering with police business."

The detective smirks, looking away from her. "Why didn't you come to the police first when you found the green liquid?"

"I thought it was the antidote. I thought that Ross could have a chance if I got there quick enough."

"Well, you did it."

"Yeah, I know I killed him. You don't need to rub it in. You don't need to remind me. I'll be doing that myself for the rest of my life." Laura replies, bluntly.

"We know you didn't poison him in the start." Miles tells her, interlacing his fingers together in his lap.

"Krystal was a part of the plan." She tells him. "She is working with another person and she set me up."

The detective smirks at her. "You'd make a pretty good detective, Miss Marano. You found that out before we did..." He looks down the hallway at something. "But, I bet you didn't know the second person was literally right under your nose and across the hall. Did you figure it out?"

"No." Laura says. "Who was it?"

"Mandi," he tells her. "Her goal was to poison you with the orange juice that she made for you. But you told me, Ross took from you. So in a way, he saved your life."

Laura chokes on her sob and tries to blink back her tears.

The detective gets up and unlocks her cell. "Come on, Miss. You haven't committed a crime. You were only trying to save the boy that you loved."

Water falls from her eyes. "B-but-."

"You are free to go." He says with a genuine smile. "Fortunately, you have someone waiting for you, who can take you home."

"Who?" She says, walking out of the stupid prison cell as the detective closes it.

He walks down the hallway to the lobby of the police station. Laura curiously follows him.

"Did you at least arrest Mandi and Krystal?" Laura asks.

"Krystal, yes. Mandi; we will be taking her case to the jury." He says. "In the meanwhile, why don't you have a nice night?"

"I'll probably will never sleep again." Laura tells him.

"Oh, you will." Miles says. "The person who came here to see you is in the waiting room. Stay out of trouble, Miss Marano."

"I'll try."

Detective Miles walks the opposite direction as Laura heads to the room that was labeled: WAITING ROOM.

Laura walks into the empty room, spinning around the door frame to see just a single person sitting on a green sofa.

Once she fully sees him, her face falls and her heart drops.

"Well, hello to you too." He says in a British accent.

His blond hair pushed back and his frame looking thinner than usual, he looked a little different.

But, it was perfect because it wasn't Anthony.

It was Ross.

He smiles at her, standing up and Laura breaks down, practically jumping into his arms. "Oh my god. I thought you were gone. I thought that I killed you."

He holds her tight against him. Feeling so weird and weak. After a while of not being on earth, it felt like he was experiencing everything for the first time.

"No." Says a voice that wasn't Ross. It was the detective in the doorway watching the two basically get to know each other's touch again. "Miss Marano, you saved him. It was the antidote. You saved him right before he died. You did good."

Laura smiles at him and then looks back to Ross's gorgeous eyes, seeing them open again made her heart melt.

"Thanks, Laur." Ross says, smiling at her. "While I was in that coma, I could hear you. I thought of you each day and it helped me fight the poison."

"Ross, I did this all for you." Laura tells him. "I did it because I... I think I really like you... like A lot."

Ross smiles. "You told me that you loved me." He says while his heart skips a bit. "And before I went into the coma, I wanted to tell you that I'm in love with you too."

Laura cries happier of joy. "I missed you so much."

"I won't ever leave you again." He tells her.

Ross's confidence bursts to transcending levels as he leans down to Laura and sinks his lips into hers.

Finally, Laura had Ross. Ross was finally here. He was back.

And he isn't leaving.

------------------------------------------------------------

AHAHAHAHAHAH TRICKED YOU! ROSS IS ALIVE AND HE IS BACK!

ONE MORE CHAPTER OF RAURA AND STUFF AND THEN I GET TO MOVE ON TO A BETTER STORY THAT IM WRITING RIGHT NOW!

Anywhooo, ask questions about what you don't get it understand. I'll put it in the last chapter.

AND WHO GOT IT RIGHT? PROPS TO YOU IF YOU GOT IT! I WAS CONFUSING THE HELL OUTTA YALL! HAHAHAHAHA

Yes, I am delusional and this chapter was complete shat. SORRY!

I'm just so excited for my new story. There's Raura in every chapter! Kissing, parties, fights in every chapter! Like school... ;)

Vote please!

-allaboutraura