Seven

Seven

Ross sat on Laura's bed looking at the neatness level of her room.

He was waiting for her to get out of the bathroom to show him what she was wearing tonight.

For her date... With Anthony.

It still pained Ross to think that, despite all their fun time together, Laura could still like someone else more.

He still remembered that night here. He couldn't forget it. It was romantic that they were watching Titanic together and he was in her bed.

How close they were...

Yet, Laura still felt nothing.

Ross, however, felt like it was a dream come true. Well... not really.

A dream come true would be that Laura would start to like him and stop being such a cockblocker.

A very impossible dream.

Laura finally comes out of the bathroom and Ross gazes at her, adoringly.

She wore a tight-fitted black dress that hung down to her knees. Her hair was in a bun with a braid wrapped around the back of her head. The makeup she had was done lightly but in a dark shade. She had long earrings in and a necklace and bracelets to match.

She smiles at him.

"Y-you look b-beautiful." Ross says and then mentally face-palms his self for sounding so dumb.

Laura blushes and smiles at the ground. She shrugs. "It's no big deal. Thanks, Ross." She says and the walks toward him. "Do you think you could zip me up?"

Ross feels jittery. "Yeah, sure. Turn around."

Laura turns around and Ross sees the zipper undone on her dress. He also took a glance at the back of her black bra strap... because it was there.

He puts a hand on her hip and then takes it away, quickly, realizing that this is Laura. He felt jitters in his stomach.

Ugh. Stupid hormones.

He zips up her dress and acts like it was nothing.

Laura turns around and looks at him, hesitantly. She debated on asking him that particular question.

Ross notices her and waits. After she doesn't say anything, he does. "What?"

Laura shakes her head. "No, no. I shouldn't ask you this."

"Come on, try me." He tells her, curious to know what she was going to ask.

He sits down on her bed and waits.

Laura looks to him and sighs. She sits down next to him on her bed and messes with her hands. "Well, i was going to ask you if you think Anthony likes me."

Ross hates to hear the name 'Anthony' now. He looks away from her and shrugs. "I don't know. Whenever all three of us are together all he does is insult me."

"After you insult him." Laura tells him.

"I'm not the one who starts the fight." He tells her.

Laura holds up her hands in her defense. "Okay, I'm sorry."

Ross looks away and Laura sighs. "Can i ask you something else?" She asks him.

Ross starts to pick at his fingernails. "Sure."

"How do you know if a guy likes you? How can you tell?" She asks.

Ross looks at her. "I guess, he'd look to your eyes a lot. Which means he cares and is comfortable with you. Maybe he would take your hand, meaning he wants to get close." Ross says and takes Laura's hand, closing her's in his.

Laura looks into Ross's eyes. Not wanting to take her hand away from his grip.

"He might have trouble talking to you and stutter. He'll compliment you a lot and try to put you before the world." Ross tells her. "He most likely would stare at your lips if he wants you to kiss him."

"Maybe he starts to get closer to your face, meaning he wants to kiss you..." He trails, starting to lean in close to her face.

Their foreheads touch and they both close their eyes, feeling each other's sweet breath on their skin.

"And you'll only know he likes you more if he kisses you first." He says, softly.

Ross slowly starts tilting his head to meet Laura's lips.

But, he then realizes what he was doing.

He pulls away from her before their lips come in contact with each other and looks at her wide-eyed.

"I-I'm sorry. I don't even know..." He starts, embarrassed.

Laura's heart was still racing. She thought her whole body was shaking because it was scary. She was anticipating for it to happen.

She didn't stop it from happening. Ross did.

Laura stares at Ross's lips, thinking about how they were so close to touching hers. "Yeah... Me too."

Ross really wants to hit himself hard for coming close to something he shouldn't do. He wanted jab himself in his rib cage a couple of times and maybe kick himself in the knee... If that was even possible.

He runs his hand through his hair, violently and stands up. "Should i just leave?" He asks her.

Laura looks up to him and shakes her head, not capable to speak words yet. She takes his forearm and gently pulls him back down to sit on the bed next to her.

She works up the nerve to speak. It comes out shaky. "It-It's fine, Ross. It was nothing."

Ross looks into her eyes. "Are you okay? Did i do something?"

Laura laughs a bit and shakes her head. "No, you didn't do anything. You're fine."

Ross looks away, his face red. "Oh."

Laura looks down at her hands again. "Umm... i actually have one more question."

Ross smiles at her. "Please don't make it awkward for us... Again."

Laura laughs. "Well... It depends." She says and looks to him. "Do you think you could show me what to do when your dancing with someone?"

Ross rolls his eyes, playfully at her. "Laura, you already know that you don't have to be perfect. Don't expect me to know all the answers."

"I know, i know!" She says. "I just want to have an idea on what's expected."

"He shouldn't be expecting anything from you." Ross says, bitterly, just because he was talking about Anthony.

"No, no, no. That wasn't what i was saying. I want to know what to do." She tells him. "So, are you going to show me?... Or do you not know how to?"

Ross stands up. "I know how." He tells her. "But, what are you asking me to do? Do you not know how to dance?"

Laura stands up. "I know how to dance. The girl follows the guys' lead and whatever. I want to know where to put my hands and all that."

"Okay. Easy enough. Here, you can put your hands on my shoulders or wrap your arms around my neck." He tells her.

Laura puts her hands on his shoulders. "And you'll put your hands on my waist, right?"

Ross looks at her, hesitantly. "W-waist?"

She looks at him, carefully. "Yes. My waist." She repeats. "You sound scared."

"What? No, I'm not scared. Why would i be scared?" He asks her, quickly.

She rolls her eyes and Ross slowly puts his hands on her waist, trying not to make it seem as if he was being all awkward.

Laura laughs, noticing Ross's hesitation, since he hasn't done this before.

"What are you laughing at?" He narrows his yes at her.

"You are scared. You're shaking." She tells him.

Ross doesn't want to admit it so he changes the subject. "Whatever. What else do you want to know?"

"Um... I think that's it." She tells him.

"Really? I answered all of your questions?" Ross asks her, as they take their arms away from each other.

"Yeah." She says, and miraculously, her phone starts to ring. She heads over to it and picks it up. "Hello?"

Ross watches her and hopes to death that it wasn't him. He didn't want their time to end.

"Oh, hey, Anthony!" Laura exclaims. "Yeah, i'll be down in a minute."

She hangs up the phone and puts it in her purse. "I got to go."

"Yeah, i know." He replies, dryly.

They both leave Laura's room and Ross turns to go to his room.

"Ross, wait!" She exclaims to him.

He turns around to see Laura with her arms open wide for him.

He couldn't resist. Ross steps into her arms and they come around his back as his go around her back.

Laura squeezes him extra tight and smiles. "Thanks for helping me today."

"You're welcome." Ross says. He pauses, because the next thing he was going to say is going to kill him. "Have fun tonight, wife."

Someone walking by pushes past them and goes into the room that was next to Laura's and Ross's.

Laura ignores the ignorant person and smiles. "Thanks, husband. Go check out the hotel stuff. Maybe we can find something good to do tomorrow."

Ross rubs her back before pulling back. "Maybe... I'll see you later."

"Okay, bye." Laura says and turns away from him and walking to the elevator without looking back at Ross.

She felt bad about the whole thing. Leaving Ross for a relationship she doesn't even have time for.

She didn't want to turn back and see the disappointed look on his face. She already knew that she was hurting him. She didn't want to see that she was hurting him too... Even though she knew already.

Laura hits the elevator button and the doors open. She steps in and lets the doors close behind her, knowing that she was leaving behind one of her best friends just for a cute guy.

. . . . . .

Ross lays face down on his bed, feeling majorly alone.

His family is stuck in Japan and Laura ditched him.

He had no one.

Ross gets up and walks around the room for a while, to entertain his self.

After that doesn't do much, he does what a normal teenager would do. He opens his laptop and goes on twitter.

He types in a tweet: Bored and lonely. Anybody on?

Of course he knew that the million of fans he has had to be stalking his twitter.

Then all the tweets come and his phone starts vibrating like crazy. He takes his phone out and tosses it on his pillow.

He looks for a couple to reply to.

@/Jessssicaarty: how are youuu?

He replies back: I'm actually kinda lonely.

A couple of seconds later the freaked out tweet comes and she fangirls.

@/ilysmhrthrt: ROSS! I LOVE YOU!! PLZ REPLY!

He smiles and replies: I love you too, girl.

@/lifeeqlsraura: where the heck is Laura? isn't she with you?

Ross debates whether he answers the question. But, he does anyway: She went out with some guy.

That's when he knew he made a mistake. Questions start to fire at him and a little bit of hate gets sent to Laura.

He looks to her profile and already people are sending some harsh things to her:
What's wrong with you?
Why would you ditch Ross?
Who's the idiot your going out with?
Some people just don't understand the good looking people in front of them.
You have a problem.
Are you stupid?
I'm done. You just lost a fan.

Ross types in something else to be in Laura's defense: Guys, Laura went out with an old time friend. I told her that she should go. Laura's not ditching me.

Oh, god. He really screwed up. Wait till Laura sees this. She is going to freak out on him.

He needed to tell her now and say it was a mistake. He doesn't want another argument.

Ross texts Laura: call me, please. i gotta tell you something.

Almost immediately, he gets a text. Except it wasn't from Laura. It was from Rydel.

Rydel: WAIT. What is happening over there?

Ross texts her back: Laura went out with some guy that she likes.

Rydel: So your second tweet was a lie?

Ross: Pretty much. It was just to cover up my mistake.

Rydel: I'm sorry, Rossy. I know you like her.

Ross: No, i don't.

Rydel: Don't deny it. Most people know it.

Ross: Fine.

Rydel: Plus, Ell told me.

Ross: HE DID WHAT!? How many other people?

Rydel: Just our whole family.

Suddenly, when Ross is about to freak out on Ratliff, Laura calls him.

He perks up immediately, quickly putting the phone to his ear, eager to hear her voice.

"Hello?" He says, blatantly.

Laura seems irritated. "What is it, Ross?"

Geez, who put you in that bad mood?

"Okay... Don't be mad." He tells her, knowing that she will get mad about it.

"Ross..." She starts, hesitantly.

"I kinda tweeted about your date but then covered it up. So, everything is fine."

"You what!?" Laura exclaims. "Ross! You can't do that!"

"I know! I know! I'm really sorry." He tells her.

"You need to think about these things." She tells him.

"I did!" He says.

Laura groans. "I can't believe this."

"I got it under control. Don't worry about it." He tells her, reassuringly. "Where are you now?"

"I'm in Anthony's car. We're driving down to some museum."

"Ew." Ross says, but doesn't really mean it. "I'd never take a girl out to a museum as a date."

"Oh, shut up." She laughs a bit, despite the bad mood Ross put her in.

"Seriously, i'd take you some place i much cooler." Ross presses.

"Museums are cool." Laura says.

"Not for dates. That's when it's lame. Do you really think you can be romantic at a museum?" Ross asks her. "Oh, that old decayed dinosaur bone is as pretty as your eyes." He jokes.

Laura laughs. "Ross, shut up. Stop being so mean."

"I'm just saying." Ross shrugs, smiling.

Ross can practically see Laura's beautiful smile through the phone.

"Are you eating after?" Ross asks her.

"We might. I don't know. I don't really want much to eat after lunch."

"True. Maybe you can swing by my room later and have something to eat." Ross suggests, wanting to hang out with her.

"Wouldn't you be sleeping?" Laura laughs.

Ross sprawls out on his bed, feeling all of his boredom and tiredness go away. He loved talking to Laura without having to worry about getting into an argument. "Nah, i would just love to hear about your ridiculous date."

"Ross, I'm going to hurt you. It's not ridiculous." Laura threatens.

"It is ridiculous. Hanging with me would be much more fun. You're missing out."

"Really?" Laura laughs, obviously getting lost in the conversation.

She sits in the car, getting comfortable and looks out the window, picturing Ross right next to her.

Laura doesn't notice Anthony watching her, carefully. Listening to their conversation intensely.

He didn't like how Laura laughed frequently when she was talking to Ross. How she smiled hard and occasionally blushed when she talked to him.

"We'll hang out tomorrow all day then." Laura says to Ross over the phone.

Ross laughs. "It's a date."

"No! It's not a date!" Laura laughs and then turns to Anthony, noticing him staring. "Aren't you supposed to be looking at the road?" She says to him.

Anthony looks away from her, emotionless. He had a hard gaze at the road, as if he was thinking about something deep in thought.

Laura doesn't pay much attention to him. She goes back to looking out of the window.

"He better be looking at the road when he is driving with you." Ross tells Laura.

She laughs. "Shut up, Ross! Stop making those comments."

Anthony turns to her. "What did he say?" He asks her, sharply.

Laura looks to him. This is going to be a long night. "Nothing. It was nothing."

"No, it wasn't. What did he say?" Anthony repeats.

"Is he asking about what i just said?" Ross asks Laura. "Laur, put the phone on speaker."

"He just said that you should be looking at the road." Laura tells Anthony.

"Put it on speaker." Anthony and Ross both say at the same time.

"No!" Laura exclaims to both of them. "Please, both of you stop. Fighting isn't impressive so stop."

Anthony looks away and Ross goes silent.

Luckily, the next thing he says isn't negative. "Laura, let me let you go. I'll talk to you tonight."

"Thanks, Ross." Laura says, appreciating the fact that he accepted she was on a date and not fighting about it. "See you tonight."

Ross hangs up the phone, leaving Laura feeling as stressed out as ever.

Anthony glances at her. "Laura, i'm terribly sorry. I didn't mean to sound pugnacious."

Laura sighs. "It's okay."

"I want you to have a good time, so i don't want you to be mad at me for getting on your bad side."

"I'm just stressed out." Laura says.

Anthony thinks for a moment before saying something. "He likes you, you know."

Laura looks at him, weirdly. "What!?" She asks him, bewildered.

"I can tell. Can't you?" Anthony tells her.

"No, no, no. Ross doesn't like me." Laura says. "He doesn't."

"Has anyone else told you that he likes you?"

"Well, i mean, a bunch of people have. But, it doesn't mean anything. Really." Laura tells him.

"Really? Maybe you should take another look at it." He tells her.

"Why are you telling me this?" Laura asks as Anthony parks his car in the museum parking lot.

He is silent and then he shrugs, taking his keys out of the ignition. "I thought you should know. That's why he is jealous and always wants to fight me."

Laura thinks for a while. She never really looked at it like that. But, maybe Anthony is just trying to screw up her mind.

But why would he do that?

What if Ross really did like her?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't really have a question this chapter but whatevs.

Hope you guys liked it!! Vote, please.

I'm still working on my Rydellington story and I'm trying to do this.

I got a bit of stuff to do, though...

I can't wait for the next chapters!!

-allaboutraura