Two

Two

Ross is laying down on Laura's bed, flipping his phone in the air as he stares at the ceiling.

Laura sits on the edge of her bed. "Um, what about a movie?"

"Shouldn't we do that at the theater?" Ross asks her.

"Or we can rent it." Laura says.

"From where? I don't know if there are even Red boxes here." Ross returns.

"I don't know anything else we could do." Laura says. "Plus, we're going to be out all week."

"Fine, i'll ask the front desk if i could rent some type of movie." Ross says, getting up to the phone. "What do i dial?"

"I think zero."

Ross dials 0 and the lady at the front desk answers. "Hello, this is Ms. Anderson, the front desk lady. What do you need?"

"Hi, this is room 438. Do you know any good movie rental places nearby?" Ross asks.

Laura gets up and heads to the door.

Ross looks up at her, he covers the phone with his hand. "Where are you going?"

"I'm just going to take a look around. I'll be back in a bit." She tells him.

He nods. "Don't get mobbed." He says and goes back to talking on the phone.

Laura makes sure she has her card as she leaves the room. 'Who knows what Ross would do after talking on the phone.' She thinks.

She walks down to the lobby and admires it's big, elegant setting. The lobby had a few hallways that could get someone lost.

Still, Laura takes a hallway leading to who knows where.

This place was like a golden castle. There were so many public rooms. How could this be a hotel!?

The hallway she took lead her to a big door that lead to a grand courtyard.

The setting was dark since it was outside. Trees, flowers, benches covered the large, circular ground with a beautiful pond with lily pads and croaking frogs.

Ground lights lit up the place and reflected in the water of the pond.

It almost felt like a fairytale.

Laura finds herself walking along the pond's edge when she steps in a muddy part and slips.

Right before she touches the water, strong arms catch her and pull her to solid ground.

"You okay?" He asks her.

Anthony.

"Thanks so much." Laura says, still in his arms.

"What were you doing by the pond's edge?" He says, not quite releasing her.

"I don't know. There was like some music playing in my head and i just felt like i was in some sort of music video..." Laura says.

Anthony gives her a weird look. "Okay..."

After a few moments of staring and silence, Anthony talks. "So, you're staying at this hotel too?"

Laura pulls away from Anthony, feeling weird in his arms. "Yeah."

"Soo, are you staying with any adults?" He asks her.

Laura thinks about the question. 'Why was he asking this?'

Just to be safe, she lies. "Yeah, I have my parents in my room."

"Well, do you want to sneak out?" He asks her.

"What do you mean?" She asks him, nervously.

"Maybe we could go out somewhere. Like on a date." He says.

Laura smiles. "I'd love to... But, um, I'm hanging out with my friend tonight."

"That Ross guy?" He asks her, bitterly.

Laura gives him a weird look. "I never told you his name. How did you know?"

"Um, nevermind that." He says, quickly. "I shall see you tomorrow at breakfast, yes?"

"Um..." Laura starts, but Anthony leaves before she can react.

Laura stands there, confused. He was very mysterious. It gave her nervous chills. But, he still is cute.

Then, she snaps back to reality and heads back to the lobby, having enough of this small tour.

On the way, she spots one of her favorite rooms.

A music room filled with many original instruments. Guitars, pianos, keyboards, drums, trumpets, violins, violas, flutes, clarinets, bass', and any other instrument you could think of.

Laura smiles at the room as she walks by. She seriously needed to bring Ross here so they could have a jam session.

She gets to the lobby and sees Ross talking to the front desk lady.

Laura comes up behind him and grabs his shoulders.

Ross jumps, shocked and turns around, seeing Laura as she laughs.

Ross grabs her, wrapping his arms around her torso and picks her up. "Don't do that!" He laughs, spinning her around.

Laura laughs. "Okay, I'm sorry!"

Ross laughs as he puts her down and playfully pushes her. He turns back to the front desk lady. "Sorry about that, Ms. Anderson."

She narrows her eyes at both of them. "And you tell me your just friends?"

Laura smiles. "We're just close. That's all."

Ms. Anderson hands Ross a DVD case. "Here, put it in the DVD player in your room. Return it before you check out."

Ross takes the DVD. "Thanks."

"What are we watching?" Laura asks him.

"Titanic." Ross replies.

"OMG! I love that movie!" Laura exclaims.

"You're watching a romantic movie together, you're super close, and you are practically away from any parents. Let me guess, you like her and she doesn't know." Ms. Anderson says.

"Uh, no." Ross lies, nervously. He starts pushing Laura to her room. "If anything she would like me first."

Laura laughs. "Ha, you wish."

He kind of did wish.

. . .

Ross turns the light off and then gets in Laura's bed, next to her.

Laura scoots over and laughs. "Get out of my bed!" She says.

Ross leans against the bed frame, mocking Laura's position. Then, he leans on her shoulder, pushing her over. "But its sooo cold, Laura!" He fake whines.

Laura laughs. She doesn't seem to notice the real reason Ross wanted to be next to her under the covers. "You're so annoying."

He laughs and sits upright, watching the movie.

They were at the part when the Titanic hits the iceberg.

Soon, Laura gets a text. She gets her phone and sees the text was from Stormie.

Stormie: I HOPE YOU'RE KEEPING MY ROSSY COMPANY. LOL. I MISS YOU GUYS.

Laura laughs out loud and Ross looks over. "Who's it from?"

"Guess." Laura smiles at her phone.

"I'm not guessing." Ross tells her. "Come on, who?"

"I told you to guess." Laura laughs.

Ross reaches over to her phone and Laura leans to the side, falling over on the bed. Ross leans on her, over top of her as he reaches for her phone.

"Ross, get off!" Laura laughs.

Ross doesn't listen as he grabs her wrist and holds the phone to his face. "Oh my god, my mom."

Laura stares at Ross's eyes as he continues to be on top of her on her bed. His face was so close to hers.

She never really felt so attached to someone without having feelings for that person.

Did she have feelings for him though?

She thought about his hand on her hand. Just like how he was on her.

No. No. No feelings. But, she did feel butterflies in her stomach.

Or was that a numbing feeling because Ross was cutting off her circulation?

Ross looks back to her and they are silent for a while, just gazing into each other's eyes.

Unexpectedly, Ross gets off of her. "Sorry." He mutters to her and helps her up.

"It's fine." Laura replies, softly, looking away from him.

Suddenly, he feels like a stranger. Laura couldn't talk to him.

'What just happened? Why did i do that?' Ross thinks in his mind. 'I feel so stupid. Should i leave?'

Laura glances at Ross and looks away, still unable to say anything.

Ross glances at Laura, noticing she was trying to say something. He couldn't say anything either.

Laura texts Stormie back: oh, you have no idea. We miss you too. When do you think you'll get to London?

Stormie: NOBODY HERE SPEAKS ENGLISH. WE TOOK FOREVER TRYING TO GET A PLANE TO THERE. THEN WE TOOK MORE THAN FOREVER TO GET A HOTEL. WE ARE EXHAUSTED. MY GUESS ABOUT BEING STUCK HERE IS ABOUT A WEEK.

Laura nudges Ross. "Your mom said they'll be in Japan for like a week."

Ross nods at her and turns back to the TV screen.

Laura seriously didn't like this awkward tension between them. She pushes Ross but, he steadies himself. "Why so silent?" She smiles at him.

'Do you not know?' Ross asks her in his head.

"What do you mean?" He asks her out loud.

"Don't you feel this awkward tension?" Laura asks him.

"Yeah, 'cause i made it awkward." Ross replies. 'And the fact that i do like you made it awkward for me.' He thinks.

"We're close, remember? It's not that awkward." Laura bumps him with her shoulder.

"But, we're not THAT close. Yeah, we act like a married couple but we aren't a married couple." Ross says.

"We act like a married couple?" Laura laughs. "What? Because we argue a lot?"

"And we're really close... Like you keep saying. And because of the situation."

"You created this situation." Laura tells him.

"Because i felt comfortable enough to do it." Ross tells her. "I don't see that you're uncomfortable about this."

"Because I'm not. I don't care."

"Exactly." Ross finally looks at her.

Laura smiles at him. "I guess, i'll just call you 'husband' now."

"Oh my god, yes! That would be so funny. I'm calling you 'wife'."

Laura laughs. "Wait! I was just kidding!"

"Nope, I've made up my mind, wife." Ross says.

Laura laughs. "Watch us slip up and accidentally call each other 'husband' and 'wife' on camera."

"I know right. That would be something we won't be able to live down." Ross says.

They laugh and it dies off as they watch the part Rose tries to save Jack from the room he's locked in.

"Now, they act like a married couple." Laura says.

"Well, they were going to get married and they were a couple." Ross replies. "And you don't have to be like a married couple to want to save someone you care about."

"Well, yeah, that is true." Laura says.

They continue to watch the movie, silently until the part Jack dies.

"If i was Rose, i would have made some room for Jack." Laura says.

"Everyone says that. If i was Jack, I'd do the same thing." Ross says.

Laura turns to him. "Why? I wouldn't expect you to say that."

"Well, think about it. If Jack got on the thing too, the weight on the board wouldn't be even. It would have toppled or sunk under. Rose and him would just get more wet and freezing. Why all the trouble?"

"Well, it is a shot. They could have both lived." Laura tells Ross.

"I don't think so. Rose barely made it out alive." He says.

"But, she did. Soooo..." Laura says leaning into him.

Ross laughs. "Okay, whatever you say. I'm going to go to my room and shower." He says, getting out of her bed.

"Okay, I'm going to change and go to sleep." Laura tells him and gets out of her bed.

"No shower?" Ross asks her heading to the door.

"In the morning." She replies. "Goodnight, husband!"

Ross smiles as he opens the door. "Goodnight, wife."

As Ross leaves, daydreaming about Laura, someone wearing a hoodie bumps into him and falls to the floor.

"Sorry..." Ross starts but the person gets up and hurries off.

For a second, Ross wonders why the person was in such a hurry. But, it really didn't matter.

He goes back to thinking about Laura. Even though, he wasn't supposed to.

-------------------------------------
Sorrrrrrrrry for the long wait! I was doing some stuff!

Anyways, school is going to start in 6 days for me and i do not want to go back. I know its not going to be a good year.

But, who liked the chapter!? I think it was kind of bad at the beginning but it evened out towards the end.

As always, vote! Commenting is good too!

And it would be cool if you check out some of @EmilyoFTo 's. stories!! She is really awesome and such a great supporter! Her writing is really good! I'd love it if you could go vote and comment on her stories!! That would be awesome!!!

XOXO, allaboutraura