Twenty-Four

Read my new story: The Definition of Love (Raura)
Twenty-Four

As Laura paces in circles in her room, she tries to think as usual.

Okay, fine.

The truffles were good... A little too good.

Could it be poisonous? Should she have eaten them?

Ugh! Why was everything so hard?

Having enough time in the crowded room, she decides to go somewhere else to think about the possibilities of the where the antidote may be.

It could be anywhere.

Laura is about to step out of the room when she hears Riker, Rocky, and a girl's voice. She cracks the door open a little, so she could listen and see.

It was Julie.

And her basket of nasty candy! Ugh!

"I love you guys so much! I've always wanted to be famous like you guys!" Julie exclaims.

Her voice seemed a little odd. A little fake...

"You like attention, don't you?" Riker asks, smiling politely. He was such a nice person! He'd never find Julie as an evil little devil.

Julie nods excitedly, literally bouncing. "Absolutely! Especially being on the news and acting!"

Being on the news and acting. Acting on the news.... Lying on the news...

Laura's grip on the door hardens. Get away from them, you evil little-.

"Do you want some of my candy?" Julie asks, looking up at them with her big innocent looking eyes.

Ugh, I'm getting nauseous.

Riker and Rocky look to each other. "Um, sure?" They say, taking a single sphere.

No! Crap! It could be poisonous!

"What is this?" Rocky asks, looking at it a little disgusted.

"Something i made." She simply answers with her high pitched voice.

Ugh. Isn't this chick 18?

Laura watches eagerly, waiting for them to try it. But all they do is stand and stare at it.

Soon, Rocky puts his in his pocket. "Thanks, Julie. It was nice meeting you. But we have to go find Laura."

"Laura?" Julie asks, her voice suddenly not sweet or high pitched. It sounded more raspy and spiteful.

Riker agrees, putting his candy in his pocket also. "You're right, Rocky." He says. Then, turns back to Julie. "It was great meeting you."

Julie's fake sweetness comes back a little. "Bye!!"

Riker and Rocky turn and go the opposite way down the hall. Julie's face turns into an unattractive sneer as the boys disappear around the corner.

"She is going to pay." Julie mutters to herself. Her mouth lifts up into a crooked smile. "Oh, she will."

Feeling a little uneasy, Laura watches nervously as Julie makes her way down to the elevator until she was out of sight.

Pay? For what? What did i do to her?

Why were all of these people against me?

Pushing the thought aside, she focuses on the real deal.

Maybe the antidote was close... Maybe it was just right under her nose...

She leaves her room once she finds the hallway is empty and hurries to Ross's room. There was a 'DO NOT DISTURB' sign on the handle.

Inside, the room reeked of the smell of blood. But faintly, she could still smell him; his beautiful cologne that she loved. It felt like he was actually here.

But he wasn't. That's why she's here right now. Laura is going to find the antidote if it's the last thing she does.

She thinks.

Ross was poisoned by something. By someone who clearly hated him.

So who could it be?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, i'm super sorry for this short crappy chapter. Don't tell me otherwise. But expect another short crappy chapter.

I feel bad for letting you all down, so i'm extending it to another two more chapters. Woo hoo.

-_- ...

ANYWHOOO, I dropped my phone in a toilet on a field trip and now it won't turn on. SO, I can only go on Wattpad on my computer. Greaty great great.

Man, I'm super sarcastic today, aren't I? Haha.

So, that was just a little something to show you all that i'm still alive.

Go ahead and complain about how lazy and not hardworking I am because i know it's sooo true. Again, don't tell me otherwise.

And you may all might not notice, but i foloow people who comment and vote on like every chapter. You people are so amazing! If i haven't followed you for being super amazing, let me know in the comments and i'll hit you up. ;)

Plus!!!! Great news! (Not sarcastic, this time.) I might be doing an extremely different story on here. I'll have to ask you what you think after i finish To See You Again. (If i ever do finish it)

I dont think i'm going to continue Breaking Keys, to whom it may concern because i don't feel it anymore. Sorry.

I have finals tomorrow, but when it's summer and i get my phone fixed, I promise i'm going to start being more active!

So, anyways, I hope you all aren't shriveled up dry from me leaving you hanging with this fanfic.

Have a great rest of the week.

-allaboutraura