Eight

Eight

Ross groans. He was back to being lonely and he wondered if Laura was going to be mad at him when she gets back.

He hopes he made a smart decision to hang up the phone first. He didn't want Laura to think that he was mad at her. If she thought he was mad, she would be hesitant to come by his room. And that meant, no time together.

Ross gets up and paces. His life is pretty hard. He's been chasing Laura around for a long time already. Ever since he laid eyes on her, he thought she was cute. And over time, he gradually started to like her.

He kept his feelings to himself and tried to contain them as he continued to try to spend every minute with her.

It was hard because Laura rejects everything so mindlessly.

Ross grabs his phone and his card and walks out of the room to get some fresh air.

He heads to the lobby and picks a hallway to go to.

It takes him down to the big rooms like, the casino and bar. People were playing poker and pool. He walks by there since the place was full of drunk biker dudes.

Ross comes to a big ballroom type place where it was elegantly designed with floral patterns everywhere and light walls.

Ross sighs. He wanted a girlfriend. And by girlfriend, he means Laura. They'd have so much fun together.

He quickly walks by the area, silently grieving his depression.

Suddenly, Ross finds himself sitting down at a diner inside of the hotel.

The waitress asks how many. Sadly, he says only me.

"A cutie like you is all alone?" She says in the thickest biker accent he seemed familiar to. It sounded like the girl bikers in Teen Beach Movie. Obviously, she wasn't from around here if most people had British accents.

He shrugs. "Yeah, sadly."

The middle aged waitress gives Ross a small smile. "Sorry, honey." She says and then leads him to a table. "Got anyone special on your mind?"

He shrugs and takes a seat. "Yeah, one of my good friends."

"Ooh. Not good." She tells him. "Is she taken?"

"Kinda. This guy likes her and she likes him back." Ross says. "I have no chance."

"Sorry to hear that, dear... You want something to drink?"

"Yeah, i'll just have some water."

The waitress writes it down and walks back to the kitchen.

Ross sits silently hearing the clattering of the plates and silverware clanging the teeth.

He sighs, and messes with his phone. He was Ross Lynch. He had so many people he could talk to. But, why was he not talking to anyone?

The answer is simple. He doesn't want to talk about Laura, right now. That's all they'd ask: Do you like her? The whole conversation would be centered around Laura. He doesn't want to keep talking about her every single second... Even if he is thinking about her every single second.

Soon, a young teenage girl runs over to him, interrupting his thoughts by squealing loud like a pig. She had to be no less than 13 years old. She had straight brown hair and bluish eyes with a straight smile.

"O-Oh my god!!!" She exclaims. "Y-You are R-Ross L-Lynch!"

Ross smiles nicely at her. "Yeah, i am."

She squeals some more. "I'm a big, big, big, big, big, big, big fan!!"

"What is your name?" He asks her, smiling.

"I-I'm Julie!" She exclaims. "You are super, super, super hot."

Ross laughs a bit. "Thanks."

"Can i get a picture and a autograph?" She asks, excitedly.

Ross stands up, signs her shirt and poses for a picture. "There you go." He says, sitting back down.

"Thank you!!" She shouts and then pauses. "Where's Maia?"

"Who?" Ross asks.

"Maia Mitchell." She says, in a slightly irritated British voice.

"Oh. I don't know. I guess she is somewhere in LA." He says.

"You don't know? Don't you talk to her everyday?"

"No..." Ross answers.

Julie frowns. "Are you here in London all alone?"

"I'm with Laura." Ross tells her.

"Laura?" She narrows her eyes at her name.

"Yeah. Marano." He replies, carefully.

A disgusted emotion plays across her face, briefly. "Oh."

Ross doesn't say anything more because he knows that Julie doesn't like her. She was a Raia shipper.

"I don't like her." Julie says, suddenly.

Ross glances at her, fighting himself not to sound aggressive and rude. "Okay, you didn't need to tell me that." He says instead.

"Do you like her?" She asks.

"We're really good friends." He answers.

"Don't you think she's kinda annoying?"

"Where are your parents?" Ross asks her, ignoring her question. He was just about done with her rude attitude toward Laura.

She shrugs. "Home. I ran away."

"How'd you get in this hotel, then?" He asks her.

"I'm eighteen." She replies, rudely.

Wow, she's short. Ross thinks.

"You're eighteen and you are staying by yourself." Julie tells him.

Ross looks at her, carefully. "How did you know that?"

She shrugs. "I just do."

Then, she walks away. Ross felt sick to his stomach.

. . . . . .

Laura steps out of Anthony's car and walks with him into the hotel.

Laura sees Ms. Anderson at the front desk, glaring at them.

Weird. She never glared when i was with Ross.

Anthony and her pass by and go into the elevator.

When they step in, Anthony stares at her for a while. "Soooo..."

"So?" Laura says.

"I'm just going to come out and say it... Will you be my girlfriend?" He asks her.

Laura puts a shocked face on. They barely met. They barely know each other. Did he really like her enough? What was she going to answer? Did she like him enough?

Laura thinks. Maybe she can try... "Um, okay."

"Splendid." He says and gets to his floor. "Would you want me to walk you to your room?"

"No, no. That's okay. Go ahead and get some sleep." Laura tells him, since she was just going to stop by Ross's.

Anthony steps out of the elevator and then dips his head a bit toward her. "Good night, then."

"Good night." Laura says as the doors close.

When she gets up to her floor, she walks down the hallway thinking about the choice that she made.

Was it a smart decision?

Laura stops at Ross's room and stares at his door. She didn't know if he was sleeping or not. She didn't know if he was in the mood to talk to her. She didn't even think she was in the mood to talk.

But, then again, Ross can always put her in the mood.

Laura smiles, remembering how he can always make her smile. She knocks on his door a couple of times.

She steps back and waits, hearing shuffling in the room.

Eventually, Ross eventually opens the door. The lights were on in his room and the tv was on but silent.

He smiles, seeing that she's finally here. He leans against the door frame. "Hey, babe. I missed you."

"What?" Laura asks, laughing at him and immediately noticing that he had no shirt on and yellow shorts on.

"I'm joking." Ross laughs.

"Cute." Laura says, sarcastically and invites herself into his room as she pushes by him.

"Damn, Laur." Ross says. "I didn't know you lived here." He closes the door behind him.

"Sorry, I thought you wanted me to come by." She says.

"I did. I'm just saying you pushed by me." He tells her.

"I know, i know. I'm sorry. I've been thinking a bit."

"About what?" Ross asks her, sitting down on his bed.

Laura bites her lip and sits down. She was thinking about what Anthony said about Ross liking her. She was thinking if she made the right decision, about going into a new relationship. "Can i ask you something?"

Ross gets a bit nervous.

"Anthony says that he thinks you like me. And a lot of people have been saying that and telling me that. So, i just want to know..."

Ross holds his breath. "As a friend." He chokes out, painfully. "Why in the hell would he say that?" He asks her, regaining his confidence and gaining his anger.

"Calm down." Laura tells him. "He popped it out of no where."

"That's completely bullcrap. Why would he bring that up on your date?"

"I don't know." Laura says. She is silent and then she tells him, what she needed to get out. "He asked me out and i said okay."

Ross stands up, angrily. "WHAT THE HELL!?"

Laura stands up too, calming him down. His face was beet red. "Ross, you don't have to keep cursing."

"Laura, you don't even know him!" Ross exclaims. He was angry because she has known him for years.

"I want to give him a chance."

Ross narrows his eyes at her. "Okay, so if i asked you out when I first met you, you would say okay. Just to give me a chance?"

Laura thinks about it harder. "I guess, it wasn't well thought out."

"You're telling me!" Ross shouts, frustratedly."

"Ross, i dont understand why you are so angry. Why can't you give him chance?" Laura exclaims at him. "You're acting like you actually do like me."

"No, I'm not." He snaps, quickly. "I'm sorry I'm just trying to act like a friend who cares. If that's too much for you, i don't know what to say."

A silence passes between them and Ross just looks at her. Then, he gets up and gets into his bed.

Laura stands up. "I'm going to go get changed and then come back, kay?"

Ross continues to look at her. "Sure, just let yourself in like usual."

Laura leaves and gets changed into her pj's. A white shirt and small yellow shorts.

Sh comes back in his room, using her key card for his room.

"I could understand why you don't want to talk to me, right now. Maybe i should just go."

"No." Ross says, since he has been waiting all night for her. "I'm just annoyed at Anthony."

Laura sits down on the side of his bed, farthest from him. "Aren't you always?" She asks, rhetorically.

"Right." Ross smirks a little. He looks at what she's wearing. "Looks like you wanted to match me."

Laura looks down at her shorts and Ross shows her his shorts. "Yellow." She says.

He nods and pats the bed on the spot next to him, wanting her to come lay by him.

Laura smiles and she sits on the bed next to him. Ross throws the covers over her legs, tucking her in.

Laura relaxes against the pillows of his bed. "How was your date, though?" Ross asks her, mocking Laura's action.

She turns to him and shrugs. "I don't know. There wasn't much to it. He told me about his self and i told him about me. We looked at some of the stuff in the museum and that was pretty much it."

"Sounds boring." Ross comments.

Laura gives him a hard look. Telling him to stop. even though, it was mildly true.

He rolls his eyes and gets up. "Are you hungry? I didn't eat anything yet."

"Yeah, i'm starving." Laura tells him.

Ross goes to a couple of plastic bags on the floor and pulls out a bunch of junk food. Different kinds of chips, candy, cookies, and popcorn.

"Holy crap, Ross." Laura smiles. "That is not food! Are you trying to make me fat?"

Ross laughs and goes to another bag, pulling out a special box of Go-gurt.

Laura covers her mouth with her hand, gasping. "No way!"

"Wayyy." Ross says, bringing the food to her and getting back in the bed.

Ross hands her the box and Laura takes it making an excited noise. "I love youuuu!" She tells him, in a friendly way.

Ross still blushes a bit and shrugs, looking at his hands. "Yeah, i know."

"Ross, OMG! You got this for me? You went to the store and you got this stuff for us?"

"Yeah, girl!" Ross says. "I had to get something that would make you stay for a while."

"Aww, Ross!" Laura exclaims, hugging him.

Ross smiles, and puts his hand on her arm, hugging her in the best way he could at the moment.

"You got a movie for us tonight?" Laura asks him, digging into the Go-gurt box.

"You know it." Ross replies and Laura laughs. "We're watching 'You Again'."

"I haven't seen that." Laura tells him.

"Neither have I. I heard that its funny." Ross says.

Laura gets up and turns off the lights as Ross turns the volume back up and puts in the movie.

They both get back into the bed and snack on the junk food. "Are we doing this every night?" Laura asks him.

Ross smirks. He sure hopes so. "If you want to."

"Do you want to?" Laura looks to him.

If i get to spend more time with you, of course. Ross thinks. "I like doing it."

Laura smiles and looks to the tv. Ross watches her, carefully, focusing hard on what she was going to say.

"Me too." She tells him.

Satisfied, Ross grins at the screen of the television.

----------------------------------------------------------
I'm sorry i take so long to update.

Soccer just runs my life. I have Varsity practice and my Select team practice. It's crazy.

Anyways, i don't have much to say. But, please vote. Voting is cool. :)

Yes? No? Okay then.

;) allaboutraura