Sixteen

Sixteen

Laura hits the ignore button again. She wanted Ross to stop calling her. It was killing her. Not only the vibrating, but the fact that she said she wouldn't care about him anymore.

That was such a white lie.

She wasn't going to fess up to his apology, though. It wouldn't change anything, anyway. He still thought he didn't need a doctor. He still wouldn't let Laura call the hospital.

Whatever then.

The limo driver didn't seem to like the silence. He kept glancing back at Laura as she stared out the window with wet eyes.

He was use to Ross and her in the backseat together, joking and laughing.

He didn't like the fact Laura had tears streaming down her face, her sad face.

"Ms. Marano," he says, not being able to take the depressing silence. "May i ask why are you crying?"

Laura sighs, looking down. It didn't kill to talk about it. "It's Ross. He says that he doesn't need a doctor, but he's in so much pain. He yelled at me for caring about him."

"I don't think he yelled at you for caring about him. Boys like when girls care. He probably yelled at you because you were making him scared." The limo driver says.

Laura narrows her eyes. "Scared?"

"Yes. He was probably scared to admit that he actually might need some medical attention. He's scared to be that sick."

Laura sits quiet for a moment. She considers what he says, but pushes the thought away.

This whole day was just getting worse and worse. First, Ross was sick. It was a serious sick... So she thought. And second, Anthony.

Did he do something to the food?

If he did, why?

Laura started to get mad at herself for not asking more questions about it. She just pushed him away and ran.

I mean, she was scared. Anthony is an evil person. She needed to get away from him and she couldn't tell the police because they didn't have enough proof that he committed the crime.

If he actually did...

Laura was stuck in thought. She didn't know what to do.

Her phone rings again.

Laura sighs, frustrated. The tears seemed to be falling harder. "Stop calling me." She whispers.

The limo driver glances back at her. "It's him, isn't it?"

Laura sniffles, not meaning to. Then, she nods.

"At least you probably left him with somebody. It would be absolutely ridiculous if you left him alone in pain."

She holds her breath because that's exactly what she did. "Uh... yeah." She lies in a chocking out sound.

Her phone continues to ring, and she ends it.

She was done with all of the stress he was putting on her. She wasn't going to worry about him like he wanted.

Finally, the driver pulls up to the set and Laura gets out fast to save herself from more of limo driver therapy.

Laura puts her phone in her pocket and walks into the building.

Dana met her at the entrance as usual. Her head tilts to the side, seeing Ross wasn't there. But, that's not why she was confused. "Dear, what is the matter? You have your makeup running all down your face."

In her pocket, Laura's phone vibrates. She ignores it.

Laura didn't feel like explaining the whole situation again to make her cry more, so she kept it brief. "It's been a stressful morning."

Dana walks her in the building. "I bet." She says, even though, she has no idea. "How's that boy of yours? Ross?"

Laura glances at Dana and then at her pocket.

Was ignoring Ross the right thing to do?

"He's... He's okay." She lies. "Just a little sick."

Her phone vibrates again.

Dana grips her shoulders comforting. "Well, you aren't the only one having a bad time lately." She says, leading her over to the hair and makeup station. "Mandi called in early this morning. She felt too bad to come today. Must've had a rough night."

Oh god...

"That was my fault." Laura mutters, guiltily.

Dana doesn't seem to hear her. "So, meet your temporary stylist, Krystal!"

Krystal!?

Laura gasps, seeing that girl from the meet & greet. Her dark eye shadow, dark lips, boyish cut hair, odd face piercings, and visible skull tattoos were hard to forget.

She looked even darker than before.

How did she even get the job!? She looks like she gambles in poker under the subway tunnels and hangs out in those drug dealer gangs!

Not to be mean or judgmental...

She smiles evilly at Laura. "Hello, Laura." She says in her familiar raspy British voice. "Where's Ross? Is he not feeling well today?"

Something about her tone made Laura suspicious... Like she knew and did something...

Matter of fact, who told her about Ross?

She started to get dizzy. The whole situation made her nauseated. "Excuse me," Laura says, excusing herself to the bathroom.

Vibration.

Laura closes the door behind her and leans against the opposite wall, sighing.

The one room bathroom setting wasn't being any easier on her condition.

Were the walls getting closer!?

Laura puts her hands on her head, trying to settle her mind down. The room was starting to spin.

Vibration.

What was Krystal doing here?

How did she find where Ross and Laura were?

Vibration.

Ugh! Ross, quit it!

Laura yanks her phone out of her pocket and looks at the five messages Ross sent her.

Her expression turned from angry and frustrated expression to a 'holy crap' expression.

Ross's first text was: i need u

His second: i'm sorry

Third: Laura

Fourth: please

Last: help

She gasps, reading his last text. And suddenly, she can't breathe.

What have I done?

Tears rush out her eyes. She's just hits the call button, when the door swings open.

Laura gasps, startled by the unexpected entrance.

She didn't lock the door...

Krystal watches Laura carefully. "Oops." Krystal says, not even meaning it. "I didn't know this one was occupied."

Laura stays silent as Krystal steps in the bathroom, locking the door behind her. "It's a shame a smart girl like you would be stupid to leave the door unlocked."

"Krystal, get out." Laura tells her.

"Laura," she hears a faint voice say.

Ross...

Laura couldn't give away that she need to get to Ross. Krystal would just stall her.

She smirks and moves closer to Laura, their faces inches apart.

She smells Laura's lips, creepily. Laura only whimpers at the situation. She smelled like alcohol and smoke.

She didn't want to touch Krystal because she would only counter attack and end up hurting her.

Krystal leans back and strokes Laura's hair. "I wonder what really happened to Ross. Too bad he couldn't come here today."

Laura tries to move past her, but she just pushes her back against the wall.

"It's weird that these days, they'll hire anyone." Krystal says.

Laura was super scared. But, she needed to get to Ross. And if talking her out of letting her go won't work, she have to take some risks.

"Krystal... Move. I need to go." She demands, carefully.

"Why?" She asks. "Is Ross calling for you?"

Laura pauses. How did Krystal seem to know everything. "Move."

"But, I'm just about to a some fun!" Krystal says, grabbing Laura's neck.

Laura winces at Krystal's grip, but she doesn't move.

"Laura," Ross repeats.

Krystal looks down at Laura's phone, smiling evilly. "He is calling for you!" She exclaims. "How exciting! Too bad you won't get to him."

"Ross, i'm coming!" Laura says.

Krystal hits Laura's head on the side of the wall and she falls, making a painful noise. "Stupid girl," she says. "No one is nearby. Dana just got her morning coffee and the crew is setting up the set. No one is going to help you and you won't get past me."

Laura wasn't yet unconscious, but her vision did go out for a second. Her head was throbbing. She knew a big purple bruise was starting to emerge.

Ross went silent on the other end.

Krystal watches Laura. "You're weak! How dare you try to tell me off that day! This wasn't your fight, but now it is! I'll make you pay for getting security guards to take me away!"

Laura looks at the phone in her hand. This was going to be risky... but she needs to get out of here. She needs to help Ross.

Krystal starts to Laura's phone. "Oh... How about i have a little talk with him?" She says.

As she reaches for the phone, Laura gets up, throwing it hard at Krystal's face.

She gasps, painfully, clutching her nose. "You bitch!"

Laura hurries to the door, unlocks it, and then closes it, as Krystal puts her hand on it.

Without meaning to, Laura closed the door on Krystal's hand.

Laura gasps, hearing Krystal cry out in pain.

Laura couldn't think. The world seemed to be spinning a hundred miles per second. She sprints out to the exit, relieved to see her limo driver standing there.

"To the hotel." Laura says, quickly. "Ross needs help."

The limo driver doesn't question. He immediately jumps into his seat, starting the car as Laura gets in the back.

"And please go quick. I'm such an idiot. I left him alone." Laura says, crying her eyes out.

The limo driver is silent and he tears out of there, going faster than he's supposed to be.

Laura glances back through the window and sees Krystal there, holding Laura's phone.

She gripped it hard with her only good hand.

Her eyes literally said: kill.

She mouthed: You're dead.

Laura turns around in the seat and buries her face in her hands, crying even harder.

Seriously, what just happened?

. . . . . . . . . . .

Laura runs down the hallway to Ross's room.

She inserts the card in his door and swings it open.

She gasps once she sees him.

He was still laying on the ground and he was groaning in pain. He clutched his stomach hard. He was sweating too much.

Blood surrounded him.

"Ross!" Laura yells.

---------------------------------------------
Ahhhh!

Another cliffhanger! Sucks, right?

Did someone come into Ross's room!?

Sorry, it's another short chapter, but it did come quick!

I told you guys the chapters would be shorter and more frequent!