Four

Four

Laura looks toward Ross's direction, where he was getting his makeup done and his hair slightly adjusted. He had an agitated look on his face as he avoids looking at her.

He had a nice black V-neck shirt with no sleeves that showed his toned biceps and tight dark blue jeans with his ordinary converse shoes.

She sighs, looking back down at her feet. Maybe she was being too harsh to Ross. Maybe she shouldn't go with Anthony. Maybe she should stay with Ross.

No. She'll be hanging out with Ross for a really long time each day. It wouldn't hurt anything to just go with Anthony for at least one night. So, Ross was overreacting.

"Um... Hi, i'm Mandi." Her young stylist says to her as she fixes her makeup. "I'm staying at you guys' hotel."

Laura's stylist had to be about 16. She had long, curly, light blonde hair and blue eyes. She definitely was pretty and she knew how to fix up a person. Her hair and makeup told that easily. She smiled timidly, as if she was nervous about something.

Laura smiles at her. "Hi." She says, confidently.

"Um... So, I'm getting you ready for your live stream with... Ross."--She giggles, nervously as she says his name.--"And this will take a while."

Laura nods, not really sure about what she's getting at.

"Aaaand... I was wondering if you could talk to me about... Ross." She giggles.

Laura found her giggling a little bit unnecessary but she still smiles. "Oh, of course! What do you want to know?"

Her question comes out fast. "How is it spending time with him?"

Laura doesn't answer right away. "Well, he's cool and were pretty good friends." She answers her like she would answer any other interviewer. Avoiding the question.

"Does he smell good? I haven't been very close to him." Mandi says.

Laura squints at such a random and odd question. "Um... Yeah, I guess he does smell nice..."

Mandi starts to blush. "I'm terribly sorry about all the strange questions." She says in her British accent. "You must think I'm quite different."

Laura thinks back at all the other fan encounters where they would ask all these crazy and personal questions about Ross. "Nope, not at all."

"Oh good..." She trails and looks away. Then, her eyes dart over to Ross, lighting up. "Do you think he'll like me?" She asks.

Laura smiles. Maybe if Ross has someone to focus on, he won't be too strict about the attention that Laura's not giving him. "Totally. He is such a flirt. Ross will flirt with every girl."

Mandi widens her eyes at Laura. "Really? He'd flirt with a sixteen year old girl like me? He's eighteen, right?" She asks, excitedly.

Laura nods. "Yep. Maybe you should talk to him."

Mandi almost freaks out. "Talk to him!?" She exclaims. "Never!"

Laura gives her a look. "Then how will you ever know that he'll like you?"

Mandi sighs. "Can you introduce me to him? It be much easier to talk to him with some help."

Laura bites her lip. "How about tomorrow? Me and him aren't getting along, right now."

Mandi frowns. "You like him. Don't you?"

Laura shakes her head, rapidly. "No, no, not at all. We're just friends. I don't like him like that."

Mandi's expression doesn't change as their conversation comes to an abrupt ending.

Mandi didn't think they were just friends.

. . .

Ross sat down on the comfy L-shaped couch in the video room and Laura hesitantly sits beside him but not as close as she'd normally sit.

The live stream host comes in, viewing the awkward silence between them. She sits on the small end of the L-shaped couch, facing Ross and Laura.

"Hello, Ross. Laura." She greets. "I'm Dawna. You'll be seeing me quite often as i ask you questions at different locations."

She was about 21 with short neck-length black hair and tan skin.

"Hi, Dawna!" Laura exclaims, cheerfully, which was about the opposite of how she really felt.

"Hi." Ross says, sending her a smile that looked too forced. It clearly showed he wasn't in a good mood. Way to go, Ross.

Luckily, Dawna didn't ask about Ross's mood and left it at that, as crew members fixed up the cameras and made sure everything was all set to be live.

Dawna fidgets and looks around awkwardly, showing how much she hated a silence in such a small room. "If i may," she looks to Ross and Laura, crossing her legs, "can i say that i am some what jealous of your relationship."

Ross seems taken aback. "Our relationship? Me and Laura's relationship?"

Dawna nods. "Absolutely. You guys are so comfortable with each other. Its adorable."

Laura laughs awkwardly. "If you say so."

Ross looks to Laura, blankly. 'Didn't we already establish how comfortable we are with each other?' He thinks.

Laura made sure she didn't look at him. Because even without words, she could tell he didn't approve of what she just had said.

Dawna watches them for a while and sees that their interactions aren't as fun and friendly as usual. "I hope you guys look more comfortable during the live stream because this isn't going to work." She says, out of the blue.

Ross and Laura's gaze shift to her, surprised that she would actually say something like that. Then, they look to each other. Ross waits, desperately, for Laura to say she wouldn't go out with Anthony and instead hang out with him.

Unfortunately, for him, Laura didn't say anything. She turns away and Ross sighs.

'Why is she so damn difficult?' Ross thinks, feeling super annoyed. He wanted one simple thing. But, apparently, his life isn't simple enough for that.

Ross liked her but not intensely. He liked her to the point where he couldn't move on that easily and to the point where he could partially ignore his feelings toward her.

He wasn't jealous... Well, maybe he was. But, at the same time he wasn't.

I mean, how would you feel if your friend left you all alone so they could hang out with some other friend?

Definitely not a satisfying feeling.

Dawna sees that once again, they have entered the awkward zone. "Let me get some music playing." She says, getting up to get a stereo.

Ross messes with his hands as Laura watches the crew set up.

He glances over to Laura. It took a lot of energy to stay mad at her. 'She's too beautiful to be mad at.' He says in his head.

Ross admires the braid wrapped around the side of her head to the back, clipped to another piece of straight hair. The rest of her hair fell straight down over her shoulders and was parted evenly in the middle. Her makeup was down in a pink shade, her lips were glossed pink with a smooth touch of pink blush, and the makeup around her eyes were dark but not to dark. She was perfect.

Laura feels Ross staring at her and she looks to him. Ross turns his head away from her, quickly, but it was too late because he was already caught. He turns slightly red of embarrassment, but Laura doesn't seem to notice. Instead she looks away.

Dawna comes back in with "We Can't Stop" by Miley Cyrus playing. She frowns at them. "For starters, sit a little bit closer." She tells them.

Ross scoots a little bit closer to her and she looks him in the eyes. Ross makes eye contact with her as their arms and legs touch. Then, he looks away.

"We're all set." A crew member tells Dawna.

She nods. "We are live in 5... 4... 3... 2... Hi, this is Dawna Roberts from Disney Channel London. I'm here with the stars of the hit series, Austin & Ally. Here is Ross Lynch and Laura Marano."

"Heyy!" Laura says.

"What up?" Ross says.

"Okay, to get this started, lets talk about your tv show. It has been promoted to enter the 4th season! Wow! It must be a hit." Dawna says. "How does it feel to have all of these people watch your show and completely love it?"

As usual, Laura does most of the talking. "It feels super, super awesome to be able to entertain kids of all ages and for them to love what we do. We love our job, so the fans who love watching us do our job adds to that awesome feeling when we get to set each day."

Ross nods as he looks to her. "Yeah, definitely."

"What do you think the fans love on Austin & Ally?" Dawna asks.

Laura is about to say something but Ross starts. "Everything." He says.

Laura laughs and smiles at him. "Yeah, everything about it is just so awesome. You have an amazing plot, the humor, the insanely amazing music, throw in some super awesome cast and crew members, and you have Austin & Ally."

"Oh yeah, that Ross guy. He is soooo sexy." Ross says.

Laura smiles at him. "Oh god. He is definitely something."

Ross mouths, 'I'm joking' to the camera to make sure people don't think that he's full of himself.

Dawna laughs. "Yes, all of that stuff has to be a reason why A&A is as good as it is. But, you guys forgot to mention Auslly."

"Oh, yeah, Auslly." Ross says. "People are so crazy over that."

Dawna smiles. "Because Austin and Ally look good together. Their friendship is just so cute. It's like how you guys are."

Laura laughs. "You have no idea how many times we've heard that."

"What's your couple name?" Dawna asks them.

"Raura." Ross answers.

Laura sends him a look. "Except, we aren't a couple. Wouldn't that just to describe our friendship?"

"No, they don't mash names up together for friends." Ross tells her. "They do it for guys and girls who look good together as a couple."

"Do you guys think you look good together?" Dawna asks them.

Ross looks to Laura. He knows that she was going to kill him later. "Yeah, I think we do. We have that chemistry and stuff but we don't like each other like that."

Laura tries not to punch Ross in the chest for saying that. He is going to cause so much in the Raura fandom. Everyone is going to start thinking that he like her.

"What about you, Laura?" Dawna asks her as Ross looks to her.

Laura thinks of a way to avoid the question. "I think Ross and i look good as friends."

'You are such a friend-zoner. Why do i have to like you?' Ross thinks to Laura.

Laura looks to Ross, knowing that she definitely killed whatever he had going.

Dawna doesn't even know how to respond to how bad she just friend-zoned him. "Wow, just as friends?" She asks. "Ross says you guys look good as a couple. But, you say just as friends?"

Laura feels put on the spot. "I mean, we aren't a couple or have love interests in each other, so were friends. And we look like good friends."

Dawna still doesn't understand why Laura was still friend-zoning him. She could tell Ross had the slightest crush on her.

"Okay, what's the next question?" Ross says.

Dawna sends Ross a look that said, 'it must be hard.'

Ross nods, slightly.

"Okay, Laura, what do you look for in a guy?" Dawna asks her, trying to help Ross.

Laura crosses her legs and thinks. "I like nice guys. Who are super sweet."

'She calls me a sweetheart every five minutes.' Ross thinks.

"I like funny, easy-going guys." She continues.

'She laughs at my jokes all the time.' He thinks.

"And attractive guys who are comfortable with being themselves."

'I'm fairly attractive and i like being myself. How does she not have one interest in me?' Ross thinks.

"Nice, nice." Dawna says, glancing at Ross.

Ross had an agitated look on his face. Laura bumps him with her leg, trying to make him drop the attitude. He turns to her, losing the agitated face but keeping an unamused face on.

The rest of the interview, mostly Laura is talking and Dawna asks random questions. Occasionally, Ross nods and says yeah.

The live stream ends shortly and Ross gets up, right away. Laura follows him, grabbing his arm. "What did you just do?" She asks.

Ross turns to face her. "What?"

"Are you trying to tell the whole world that you like me!?" Laura shouts.

Ross wonders if she knew but he plays it cool. "What are you talking about?"

"You're making it seem like you like me by acknowledging Raura, saying were a good looking couple! We're friends, Ross!" Laura exclaims.

Ross turns away from her. "You let things bother you too much. Just chill."

Laura follows behind him. "Oh, I'm sorry. I shouldn't be worried the whole world thinks that we have an unimaginable love." She says, sarcastically.

"We have an unimaginable love?" Ross asks, joking.

Laura turns him back around. "I'm serious, Ross! This isn't funny."

Ross sighs. "Laura, it doesn't matter. So what that's what they think? That doesn't change anything."

Laura thinks about it. "Well, they shouldn't think that anyway."

'They shouldn't think the truth?' Ross asks in his head.

"Laura, we should have some fun. After lunch, let's hang out." Ross says, hoping that she won't have enough time to hang with Anthony.

"Well, its not like i had much of a choice. We would probably hangout anyway." Laura replies.

Ross smiles for the first time in a while. "Cool. Do you want to walk with me to the photo shoot outside?"

Laura smiles. "Why not?" She says and falls into step next to Ross.

They don't look at each other as the make their way to the exit to go outside. Laura glances at Ross. "Are you still mad at me?" She asks him.

Ross looks to her but then away. He was still mad. But when Laura asks why, what would he say? I want you to spend more time with me and stay away from other guys because i like you? No, definitely not. "Ehh, not really." He lies.

Ross watches as Laura's beautiful cheekbones raise and her eyes lighten up. His heart kinda flutters and he feels weak. Ross fake smiles back at her as he forces the feeling away.

He's not going to let his heart win this battle. He can't fall head over heels for her. They need to stay as just friends. He doesn't like her. He can't like her.

Laura looks away from him, relieved that he wasn't mad anymore. Now she could go with Anthony and not have to be worried about Ross. Yay!

Ross opens the exit door for Laura. "Go ahead." He tells her.

Laura doesn't mean to blush. She bites her lip, flattered and smiles at him, nicely. 'He is such a flirt.' She thinks.

Ross smiles, feeling proud, when he notices her blush. He gets that heart-fluttering feeling that he always struggles to push away.

"Thanks, husband." Laura smiles and says jokingly.

Ross laughs a little. "Anything for you, wife."

Laura doesn't stop smiling as she walks outside. 'This guy literally has to be the best. Why doesn't he have a girlfriend?' Laura thinks.

Ross walks behind her and they head over to the white screen and cameras with photographers.

The photographers wave them over. "Hello!" A man says. "We just want a couple of photos of you two together and then i want some separate shots."

"Sounds good." Ross says as he and Laura head over in front of the white screen.

The main photographer starts to snap shots of them posing together.

Ross puts his arm around Laura and makes sure he doesn't go anywhere around her waist.

Sure, he'd do it with other girls but not with Laura. He didn't want her to think of it in a wrong way. He didn't want to seem too demanding or too forward. Most of all, he didn't want to reveal his small feelings for her and freak her out.

There was a system he had to work with Laura so he'd make the right decisions. Sometimes, he'd work around that system and get a bit more comfortable with her. Just like last night.

Ross wondered how Laura felt when he was on top of her. He caught her staring at his eyes. Did she feel anything like how Ross felt?

He might never know. Laura is just so hard to read.

---------------------------------------------
Happy Saturday!!!

I recently just got back to school. Is anyone still on their vaca? If not, how is school for you guys!?

Mine is actually okay. I just want to sleep more. I'm exhausted from high school soccer, select soccer, waking up at 6:00 in the morning. Ugh.

Right now, I'm at a scrimmage fest for Varsity soccer and its cold as heck in this bus. Ew.

Anyone else play a sport?

XOXO, allaboutraura