Eighteen

Eighteen

If the tears didn't stop flowing from Laura's eyes, she honestly thought she'd kill herself.

It was just that she felt empty. Alone. Like there was nothing left for her here.

It's been three hours since they put him in that coma. Three hours since she last talked to him. Three!

Laura wanted to talk to him again. He needs to be here, with her.

Ross...

She misses him soo much. Crying is the only thing she has been doing for the past three hours. I mean, it's the only thing she could do...

Suddenly, there was a knock on the door. Her head turns to the sound. "Laura, can we please talk?" Riker asks from the other side of the door. "You've been in there for hours."

Laura rolls her eyes. She didn't care how long she has stayed in here. She didn't care that she was shutting everyone out now.

The tears where starting to build up more, so she turns to the window, rolling on her side.

"Laura, you can't stay in there forever." Riker sighs, still trying to get her to leave the room.

"Watch me." She says, faintly. He couldn't hear her, but she didn't care. She didn't have the heart to speak to anybody.

"Your parents want to see you." He urges, concerned.

But Laura didn't want to see them, right now. She wanted to only see Ross.

"Please, open the door."

Laura had enough. He was just making the pain in her heart worse. She gets up out of the bed, frustrated and heads to the door.

She swing it open and glares at Riker as if he did something wrong. "Riker, I really appreciate the comfort you're trying to give, but it's not working and..." Her voice loses the frustration and turns to despair. Tears pour out of her eyes again. "And there's nothing anyone can do to make me feel better, so i'm just going to stay here the rest of my life because Ross... Ross..."

Ross...

Laura couldn't go on after his name. Somehow, it left a scar on her heart. She started to break down all over again.

Riker immediately gives her into a soft, comforting hug by wrapping his arms around her back, pulling their bodies close together. "Shh, Laura. It's going to be okay. The police are at the station and they'll be asking you questions to help Ross, soon. It's going to be alright."

The feeling of Riker comforting her felt almost wrong. It was always Ross who comforted her. Never any other guys. However, she lets him try his best to comfort her, so he feels like he did help.

"Thank you, Riker."

Laura knew she should be thanking him, but the voice wasn't hers. It was her dad's. She looks past Riker to her dad and her mom, whom she hasn't seen in a while. For some reason, she couldn't bring herself to smile at their presence. Maybe she lost the ability to smile or even to be happy...

It was Riker's cue to let go of Laura, so her parents can speak with her. He gives her a long look before retreating back into his own room.

Ellen, Laura's mom, puts her hand on the small of her back, urging her back into the room. "Laura, your father and I would like to talk to you."

Without a choice, she goes back into the room, sitting down on the bed. Her parents mock her actions and then stare at her, searchingly.

She almost felt uncomfortable. Her parents could see the smeared makeup running down her face, pinkish watery eyes, and her messy hair. It definitely wasn't a sight they were used to.