Six

Six

When Ross and Laura finally get to the hotel, he sets her down on her two feet.

Laura almost lost her balance because of how stiff she was in the position Ross was carrying her in. She catches herself and straightens up, stretching herself out. "Ooh. I'm glad that's over with."

Ross rolls his eyes and walks inside beside Laura. "So what will we do for the couple of hours we have?"

Laura thinks and glances around the hotel lobby. The music room!

Ross watches Laura's face brighten up as she smiles at him. She takes his wrist. "Come on, i have the perfect place."

Ross looks at her hesitantly as she drags him down a hallway.

They pass by Ms. Anderson. She looks at them, suspiciously. "I saw you two outside." She tells them. "You were carrying her." She says to Ross.

Ross shrugs his shoulders. "So?"

"So, you like her." the front desk lady tells him.

Ross nervously shifts his gaze to Laura, who was looking at him, perplexed. He covers himself up and makes up a lie. "I don't like her. Only as a really good friend. That's all."

Ross sees Laura, sigh of relief out of the corner of his eyes. He silently sighs when Ms. Anderson rolls her eyes and turns to walk away. "You don't fool me kid." She says to him.

"Because I'm not trying to fool anybody!" Ross exclaims to her.

Laura waits for Ms. Anderson to leave her sight before she starts talking again. "What was that about? Why does she keep telling you that you like me?"

Ross starts walking. Because she knows the truth.

"Hey." Laura says, grabbing his arm. "Are you okay? You look so stressed out, right now."

Ross looks at her, and realized the aggravated look that was plastered on his face a couple of seconds ago. He runs his hand through his hair, calming his self down. "Sorry. I didn't know i didn't answer you." He tells her. "I really don't know what she's talking about."

Laura looks down at the ground and shrugs as they start walking again.

Ross nudges her, slightly. "You know i don't like you like that." He lies.

Laura smiles at him. "And you know i don't like you like that."

Ross looks down, cause that hurt. He tries to make it not show and he gets worried when he can't tell if Laura noticed or not.

Laura forgets about it. Ross needs time to think. He needs silence or music. Laura got better at understanding him ever since she started to take the time to stop arguing with him.

"So where are you bringing me?" He asks her.

They stop at the room. "Look." she tells him, opening the door.

When Ross sees the room for the first time, he smiles and sighs of excitement. He walks in, looking around at all the instruments and their quality.

Laura walks in behind him, examining his excitement and the adorable smile on his face. He looked like a kid on Christmas.

"Laura!! How did you find this room? This is amazing!" Ross exclaims.

"I just walked by and happened to see it." She tells him, closing the door behind her.

No one else was in the room so it was even more perfect. Just like some late night on Austin & Ally, Ross would go to Laura's dressing room and they'd play her keyboard together. They'd close the door and be in there for hours just playing music alone together.

"You are seriously the best." He tells her and pulls out his phone. "I'm going to tweet this."

Laura smiles as he starts to take a picture of him and the room. Then, he stops and looks to her. He waves his hand to her, signaling her to get in the picture.

She walks over to him and makes a face, pointing to Ross as he points to her. He takes the picture and types in a status: So happy this girl found this room at our hotel. Guess what we're going to do for a couple of hours. @lauramarano #twinning #musicislife

Laura doesn't see what he tweets so, she decides to look at that later.

Ross puts his phone away. "What are you waiting for?"

Laura smiles at his rhetorical question and heads to the grand piano. He follows, taking a seat next to her.

"What are we going to play?" Laura asks him.

Ross shrugs as he starts playing a couple of chords with his left hand, to try to think of some songs.

Laura listens to the notes, carefully. "Ooh! i got one. I just learned the notes to the this one and i really like the song."

"What's it called?" He asks her.

"It's called 'In Your Arms' by Kina Grannis." Laura tells him.

"Okay, lets hear it."

"In Your Arms"
By: Kina Grannis (i don't own the song.)

Hush, now
Let's go quiet to the park
Where it first started
Cool night, us laying in the dark
I felt my heart
Was trying to find a place for you to stay
A place where I'd feel safe

Anything we have known
Anything we've forgotten
In the rain, in the dark we'll lay
In your arms, in your arms i'll stay
(x2)

Ross looks into Laura's eyes as she plays and sings the notes so beautifully. He felt that she was singing to him.

Laura notices he was staring at her so, she looks at him and gives him a small smile that made his heart melt.

Ross smiles back at her and she turns back to the piano, continuing the song.

Take my hand
Let's go into the trees
Behind the branches
Falling on our knees
I remember feeling like this part of us will never change

Anything we have known
Anything we've forgotten
In the rain, in the dark we'll lay
In your arms, in your arms i'll stay
(x2)

Follow me
We both know the way
Its always been the same

Laura starts to clap her hands to the beat as the music was silent but the voice part goes on.

Anything we have known
Anything we've forgotten

She looks to Ross and they both laugh. Laura lays her head on his shoulder for a second as she laughs but then picks her head back and plays the piano again.

Ross watches her, contently. He wished that she was his. She's soo beautiful. I wish i could tell her that.

In the rain, in the dark we'll lay
In your arms, in your arms i'll stay
(x2)

In your arms, i'll stay
(x4)

Laura ends the song with a series of chords and then rest her hands on her lap. She sighs and smiles at Ross. "Whatcha think?"

"You're beautiful song..." He trails off, realizing his stutter. "I mean, i like that song. You have a beautiful voice."

Laura laughs and looks, down at her hands, flattered. She loved how he made her blush sometimes. "Thanks."

"Okay, my turn." He says and gets up. He grabs a nice acoustic guitar and slings its strap over his shoulder. "I'm going to sing 'Marry You' by Bruno Mars. So, don't take this personally."

Laura laughs and Ross smiles. He starts to strum notes on the guitar.

Bruno Mars
"Marry You" (i don't own)

It's a beautiful night,
We're looking for something dumb to do
Hey, baby
I think I'm wanna marry you

Ross points to her and signals for her to get up.

But, she only laughs and shakes her head.

"Get up!" Ross exclaims to her, while laughing.

Is it the look in your eyes
Or is it this dancing juice?
Who cares, baby?
I think i wanna marry you

Well i know this little chapel on the boulevard
We can go-ooh-oh-ooh-ooh
Now one will know-ooh-oh-ooh-ooh
Oh, come on, girl

Ross tries to pull Laura off the piano bench. "Come on, Laura!" He sings.

Laura laughs and gives in, finally getting up.

"Harmonize." He tells her, concisely.

Laura does as he says and their voices blend perfectly as if it were fate.

Who cares if we're trashed
Got a pocket full of cash
We can blow-ooh-oh-ooh-ooh
Shots of patron,
And it's on, girl.

Don't say no, no, no, no, no
Just say yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah
And we'll go, go, go, go, go.
If you're ready, like I'm ready.

Ross takes her hand and spins her, she twirls, laughing her head off. She was having so much fun.

Cause its a beautiful night
We're looking for something dumb to do
Hey, baby
I think I'm wanna marry you

Is it the look in your eyes
Or is it this dancing juice?
Who cares, baby?
I think i wanna marry you

Just say I doooooo-ooo uh-huh
Tell me right now baby,
Tell me right now baby, baby.
(x2)

Ross sings, leaning close to her face, a typical Ross thing. He presses his forehead against hers and laughs as he backs away, creating some space between them.

Laura laughs, trying not to take this whole thing too personal. But, it was too funny to be serious about it.

Oh, it's a beautiful night,
We're looking for something dumb to do.
Hey baby,
I think I wanna marry you.

Is it the look in your eyes,
Or is it this dancing juice?
Who cares baby,
I think I wanna marry you.

Laura sits down on the piano bench as Ross puts the guitar down and sits next to her. They lean against each other, almost exhausted. Mostly because all the laughing going on.

"I never get tired of hearing your voice." She tells him.

Ross's heart flips. "Thanks, Laur."

Laura laughs and there is a small silence. She sighs. "Woo! That was fun!"

Ross smiles. "Yep."

"What's next?" She asks him.

Ross sits upright and turns his body facing the piano. "How about 'Perfect Two' by Auburn."

"I love that song!! Let's sing it together." Laura exclaims. Ross smiles at her and gets the guitar again. He sits back on the bench next to Laura.

He starts strumming and Laura starts playing the notes on the piano.

"Perfect Two"
By: Auburn (i don't own)

Oh, oh.
Yeah, yeah,

Laura and Ross smile at each other and feel butterflies. Even Laura. Sometimes when they sing together, she feels this strange connection between them.

There was just something about the way there voices blend and the way Ross sings. He makes you feel special when he sings, looking to you directly with so much passion.

Laura starts the first half of the first verse.

You can be the peanut butter to my jelly
You can be the butterflies I feel in my belly
You can be the captain and I can be your first mate
You can be the chills that I feel on our first date

Ross takes the other half of the first verse.

You can be the hero and I can be your side kick
You can be the tear that I cry if we ever split
You can be the rain from the cloud when it's stormin'
Or you can be the sun when it shines in the mornin'

Laura takes the first hook and looks directly to Ross, occasionally glancing at the piano.

Don't know if I could ever be
Without you 'cause boy you complete me
And in time I know that we'll both see
That we're all we need

Ross thinks he starts to like Laura even more as he listens to her sing with him.

He wanted to tell her so bad how much he liked her. He looks directly into her eyes, coming closer to her and smiling.

Laura smiles back to him, blushing intensely.

Ross sings the second hook as Laura echoes it.

'Cause you're the apple to my pie (pie)
You're the straw to my berry (berry)
You're the smoke to my high (high)
And you're the one I wanna marry (marry)

Ross and Laura sing the chorus together, their voices blending loud and beautiful.

'Cause you're the one for me (for me)
And I'm the one for you (for you)
You take the both of us (of us)
And we're the perfect two

We're the perfect two
Baby, me and you
We're the perfect two

Laura smiles at Ross, singing the first half of the second verse.

You can be the prince and I can be your princess
You can be the sweet tooth I can be the dentist
You can be the shoes and I can be the laces
You can be the heart that I spill on the pages

Ross smiles back to her and laughs a bit. He starts the other half of the verse.

You can be the vodka and I can be the chaser
You can be the pencil and I can be the paper
You can be as cold as the winter weather
But I don't care as long as we're together

Laura sings the first hook again.

Don't know if I could ever be
Without you 'cause boy you complete me
And in time I know that we'll both see
That we're all we need

Ross sings the second hook again.

'Cause you're the apple to my pie
You're the straw to my berry
You're the smoke to my high
And you're the one I wanna marry

They both sing the chorus.

'Cause you're the one for me (for me)
And I'm the one for you (for you)
You take the both of us (of us)
And we're the perfect two

We're the perfect two
Baby, me and you
We're the perfect two

They start the bridge and Ross leans on Laura. She laughs and briefly wraps her arms around him, hugging him tight.

You know that I'll never doubt ya
And you know that I think about ya
And you know I can't live without ya

I love the way that you smile
And maybe in just a while
I can see me walk down the aisle

Ross sings the second hook.

'Cause you're the apple to my pie
You're the straw to my berry
You're the smoke to my high
And you're the one I wanna marry

They sing the chorus one last time.

'Cause you're the one for me (for me)
And I'm the one for you (for you)
You take the both of us (of us)
And we're the perfect two

We're the perfect two
Baby, me and you
We're the perfect two

Ross puts down his guitar and Laura stands up.

They hug because of the song, their singing, the music.

They hug because they were the perfect two. They completed each other.

"Ross, i don't know what i'll do if we didn't make it on Austin & Ally." Laura tells him.

Ross smiles. "I know. I couldn't imagine a better Ally."

"There is no way there could be a better Austin."

"Our voices make us Austin and Ally. No one else's voices could harmonize and mix like ours do."

"We're the perfect two." Laura tells him.

Ross smiles big, and squeezes her tighter. Without Laura noticing, he gently kisses her head.

"The perfect two." He echoes.

---------------------------------------------------
Do you think Laura's starting to fall for Ross?

I think this chapter was pretty dang cute with all this music. i hope you heard it as you read. It really creates an affect.

Who thinks i should do a Rydellington one-shot story?

I'm starting to ship then pretty hard core and i might go all and out. Of course i'll put some Raura in it.

Also, on instagram, i might start giving writing tips. So, follow me on instagram!!

Please vote!!!

XOXO, allaboutraura