Seventeen

Seventeen

Laura ran to him and kneeled down. She looked up and down his body, searching for a wound, worriedly

... But, there was no wound.

Ross answered her next question by coughing out blood.

Laura felt herself shaking.

I mean, at least he wasn't attacked and cut.

He lets out a sound of pain. "H-heart... Pain... Can't... Breathe."

He lets out another sound of pain and coughs out more blood. He looked pale... Like he was dying.

Laura puts her hand on his chest over his heart. It was beating extremely slowly.

Ross groans, painfully. Laura takes his hand in hers. "You have to breathe. You have to stop focusing how much it hurts. Breathe." She tells him, shakily.

Even though she sounded very calm and assertive, it didn't mean that she wasn't crying inside. For Ross's sake, she tried to stop her tears from flowing out like a river. The truth is, her throat wanted her to sob uncontrollably.

Ross feels his vision start to go out. Everything seemed to get darker. But, he inhales and exhales, letting out a noise. His stomach hurt, his chest hurt, and his heart hurt.

Ross takes more breaths and Laura feels his heart start to beat faster in an almost regular pace.

Thank god...

She eyes his face. She couldn't tell if those were tears or sweat that were streaming down his face, but now wasn't a good time to ask.

And if he was, he wasn't alone. Tears seemed to be dripping down from Laura's face the whole morning.

Ross finally opens his eyes. The pain probably went down a bit, and he was starting to breathe a little bit more normal.

Laura couldn't hold it in anymore. After seeing his vulnerable, weak, painful condition, she feels herself crying harder. "Ross, i'm so sorry." She says, putting one of her hands on the side of his face. She strokes his cheek with her thumb. "I'm so so so sorry."

It was stupid of her to leave him like that. Just because she wanted to show him that he actually needed a doctor. She was stupid to make him learn the hard way.

Ross couldn't say anything yet, he just got his breathing back. He manages to lift his hand to touch Laura's, on his cheek. He tries to smile, relieved she was here.

Laura tries to smile at him back, but she couldn't. She was so angry at herself, right now. Who knows what could have happened if she never looked at his messages? Ross could have...

Laura stopped. No. Stop thinking like that. Ross will be fine.

"Can i call the doctor now?" She asks, ceasing her thoughts to make any more outrageous predictions.

Ross closes his eyes again. He still didn't want a doctor. But, he knows he needs one. Ross forces himself to nod and then hands her his phone after unlocking it.

Laura's eyes immediately catch the wallpaper of R5 and the cast of Austin & Ally. It was the picture they took back in season 3 with all of them together. It was a good day.

Laura doesn't have time to fantasize about that, now. She gets up and goes over to the nightstand, getting the yellow phone book. She dials in the number for the closest hospital.

Ross felt her hand slip away from his face, leaving him to feel empty. He had been so worried about her for the past couple of minutes. Seeing her come into his room gave him relief that she was okay, after hearing what happened over the phone.