Twenty-Six

Read my new story: The Definition of Love (Raura)
Twenty-Six

It almost was too easy. Scary too easy.

The card to all of the rooms easily opened the room in between Ross and Laura's. She walked in with no problems.

And now, here she was standing in front of a table with a needle filled with a neon green liquid.

Something couldn't be right. This was all too easy...

Did that person know Laura was standing there listening? Did that person want her to hear it and take the 'antidote' to poison Ross even more? Was that person trying to set her up?

Laura picks up the needle and examines it. How on Earth would she know what exactly this was?

There wasn't much time to think about it now.

She puts the thing in her purse and quickly exits the room, running into a person.

"Why, hello, Laura." He says, steadying her before she falls back against the door. "Fancy seeing you here."

"Anthony," she gasps, breathlessly. "What are you doing on this floor?"

He smirks, mischievously. "What are you doing in this room?"

She pauses. Was Anthony trying to distract her to not make it to the hospital in time? "It doesn't matter. Listen, I need to go."

"Oh, nonsense." He laughs, suspiciously. "I ran into your friends and told them to follow me to find you. They'll make sure that you are safe."

Laura turns seeing Riker and Rocky come down the hall. No! This is slowing me down!

"Laura! Thank god, he found you. We will not let you out of our sight again." Riker says.

She turns to Anthony angrily. "How would you know where to find me!?"

He laughs again. "We always end up running into each other."

That has to be the stupidest excuse ever!

"Come on, Laura." Rocky says, dully. He still seemed pretty sad. "Let's get you back to your room.

Riker and Rocky urge her to her room. She resists, but they were guys. They were stronger than her. "Guys, wait! You have to let me go!" She says, as they force her into the room.

Rydel, Ratliff, and Ryland were here now too. She'll never escape.

"I can't even believe you, right now!" Riker says, immediately outraging as soon as he closes the door. "He told me that you tried to kill yourself by jumping off of a cliff! Do you think Ross would want that!?"

"That's why we all are going to watch you. So we can make sure you don't do anything else equally as stupid." Ratliff says.

Laura looks at her phone for the time. 9 minutes to 10:00. Her eyes start to water. There was no way she would get to Ross's hospital room in 9 minutes. "That was a while ago! I promise I won't do anything stupid! I just really need to go!"

"Go where, Laura? And do what?" Rydel asks. "What's so important?"

She was about to tell them everything, but that would take too long. "It's too much to explain! So now can I please go!?" She exclaims, edging towards the door.

It was so close. But Rocky and Riker were in the way.

"Ross, told us to keep you safe. It's the least we can do and we should be able to do that without any trouble. Why are you making it so hard for us?" Rocky asks, crossing his arms in front of his chest.

"He wouldn't want this either! Y-You locking me up in my room instead of letting me fight for what I love! And I love him!" She bursts into tears without warning.

R5 look at her, sympathetically, suddenly understanding.

Laura was just a girl, who loved a boy, a boy loved by millions. The boy loved her when she didn't realize that she didn't love him until, what was once good was lost. Now, she's just trying to bring back who she loves, and not just for her. For everyone.

"Please," Laura pleads. "He still has a chance. Just let me go."

Rocky and Riker stand in front of her silently for a while, contemplating whether or not they will make the right decision.

But then, in sync, they step aside, leaving the pathway to Ross open, once again.

And hopefully for the rest of the day.

She flashes a smile of gratitude to them and hurries out of the room focusing only on Ross and the 7 more minutes he has left before his hearts ceases to beat.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Sorry for taking so long... Bla... Bla... Bla.

Who wants to keep hearing that crap? ^

But for serious. I'm back at school again and it sucks. I'm not in any of my classes with my friends.

Does anyone else ever just FML every second of the day? No? Well, I do.

I made Varsity Soccer again! WOOOOOO! . . . Just me cheering? Alright. That's cool...

Lol I'm so awkward.

I hope everyone watched Austin & Ally, Last Dances and Last Chances... or is it the other way around? Whatever, you get what I meant. It was adorable, my feels were exploding and I was cracking up. Haha. Ohhhhh Austin. Ohhhhh Ally. XD

Anyways vote. Please haha.

-allaboutraura