Ten

Ten

Laura forgot that Mandi was talking to her. It was pretty ignorant to zone out while someone was talking to you.

Or should i say, babbling at your face.

Mandi had been talking about Ross, nonstop as she fixed Laura's hair and makeup.

"I don't know how you can be confident around him. He makes my knees feel weak." Mandi says.

Laura flashes a quick but fake smile at her. Yeah, it was rude, but the talk was pointless and Laura didn't want to hear Mandi's ridiculous fantasies about Ross.

Laura felt uncomfortable when Mandi kept saying Ross is so sexy and hot. She didn't know why but it wasn't something she wanted someone else to say.

"Hm?" Mandi looks to Laura.

Apparently, Mandi asked Laura a question. Laura snaps back to reality. "Sorry, what?"

Mandi frowns, frustratedly. "Have you talked to him about me, yet?"

Laura shakes her head. "Sorry. I haven't got the chance."

Mandi looks at her, sharply. "But, you spend all day with him."

Laura gets annoyed by all of Mandi's talk. "It just hasn't crossed my mind. I'm sorry but if you want him so bad, go talk to him yourself."

Mandi was taken aback but then she glares at Laura. Laura avoids looking at Mandi, knowing she had just pushed their relationship in a negative direction.

Mandi is about to finish up Laura's makeup when Ross walks over. "Laur, we need to be onstage, like now."

Laura gets up from the seat.

Mandi stands there, awkwardly. "I'm not finished yet."

Laura looks in the mirror at her reflection. "It's good enough." She says and walks toward the stage.

Ross notices her impatient mood and catches up with her. He nudges her with his elbow. "What's your problem?"

Laura didn't want to say anything about Mandi liking Ross at this time. "She's just bugging me."

"Who? Your stylist?" Ross asks. "Do you want me to talk to her for you?"

Laura smiles. "No, Ross." She says. "It's fine. Thank you, though."

Ross smiles at her, happy that he seemed to please her and get her out of her bad mood a bit.

A crew member comes over to Ross. "You have to be on the center stage, now." He looks to Laura. "You are going to meet Dawna behind the center stage and sit in one of the chairs."

Ross and Laura nod. "So, you're the opening act?" Laura asks Ross.

Ross nods. "I'm singing Cruisin' for a Bruisin. So, when i say 'I was cruisin for some lovin', I'm going to come over to you and you're going to kiss me on my cheek."

Laura takes a while to process that. "What? No!" She says as Ross goes to take the stage. "Ross!"

Laura gives up because he's already in position with the back up dancers. She hurries over to Dawna, sitting in the chair closer to her. "Hey, Dawna!" Laura exclaims.

Dawna smiles nicely at her. "Hello, Laura. Are you and Ross in a better mood today?"

"We're good, i guess." Laura says smiling.

Dawna nods and Ross starts his performance.

Cruisin' For A Bruisin
Teen Beach Movie (i don't own)

You better run, run, run
'Cause here we come
Revving our engines under the sun
You're cruisin' for a bruisin'
Whoa!
Keeping me cool!
Smooth and steady!
Slicked back hair
Man, things are getting heavy!
You're cruisin' for bruisin'
Two wheels and an open road
Wrapped in leather
Ready to go!

Don't stop, stop the music!
We ride fast like a bullet
We do anything we want, anytime we want
Oh yeah, oh yeah!
We just ride, ride, ride all day!
We're not gonna live any other way

Alright,
I went to the drive in and what did I see?
A hundred little betties all staring at me!
I was cruising for some lovin'!

Ross runs over to Laura, sitting in the seat next to her. He taps his cheek and Laura hesitates.

I mean, it's not a big deal anyway.

Laura takes his face in her hands and presses her lips against his cheek. She and him smile.

"OOOHHH!" The audience shout. That's when Laura realized that it was a big deal. A very big deal.

He was exploding inside but he makes it back to the stage to finish off the performance.

He just hoped the camera didn't catch the redness of his face.

I got these two wheels and an open road
Just pop that clutch, I'm ready to go!

Don't stop, stop the music!
We ride fast like a bullet
We do anything we want, anytime we want
Oh yeah, oh yeah!
We just ride, ride, ride all day!
We're not gonna live any other way
Oh no, we're not gonna live any other way
Oh!

1, 2, A, 1, 2, 3!
A who, who, who's riding with me?
I got a gang full of bruisers, all crusin' with me!
And we're tearing up this, we're tearing up, we're tearing up the streets
Oh!
Don't stop, stop the music!
We ride fast like a bullet
We do anything we want, anytime we want
Oh yeah, oh yeah!
We just ride, ride, ride all day!
We're not gonna live any other way
So don't stop, stop the music!
We ride fast like a bullet
We do anything we want, anytime we want
Oh yeah, oh yeah!
We just ride, ride, ride all day!
We're not gonna live any other way
No, we're not gonna live any other way!
Oh no, we're not gonna live any other way!
Oh!

Ross finishes up the performance and walks over to Dawna and Laura.

They were clapping for him and Laura holds up her hand to give him a high-five.

He high-fives her and plops down in his seat.

Dawna looks at them surprised. She waits until the audience quiets down to speak. "First of all, WOW!"

Ross laughs.

"I mean, what?" Dawna says and looks to Laura. "Did you just kiss him on the cheek?"

Laura laughs, embarrassed. "Um..."

"Guys, let's show the playback on the screen." Dawna says.

They play it back and Laura covers her face with her hands. Why was she blushing?

The audience gets loud again.

"Did you guys plan this?" Dawna asks.

Laura uncovers her face. "No!" She exclaims. "Do you want to know what happened? He came up to me and was like 'Laura, you're going to do this.' And walks out on stage before I can object."

Ross leans toward her. "But you still did it."

"Well, it would be embarrassing and awkward if i didn't." Laura says.

"Folks, can we please just zoom up on his cheek?" Dawna says.

Ross turns his head to the side so the camera can zoom on him. "Wait, there is a kiss mark?"

Laura rolls her eyes. "Yeah."

"Sweet!" Ross exclaims and Laura hits him. He laughs as he flinches away from her.

Dawna laughs. "You two are just so cute." She says. "So, lets get started!"

Dawna looks to the camera. "As if you didn't already know, this is Disney Channel London and I'm here with Austin & Ally stars, Ross Lynch and Laura Marano. Let's get this started!"

Laura and Ross wave to the camera and the audience.

It was just another interview with a bunch of random questions.

Sometimes they showed a bit of Raura when they glanced at each other, flirtatiously.

The only weird thing was that Laura was doing it too.

. . . . . .

"Okay, that's a wrap." The camera men tell Ross and Laura.

Their bodyguards lead them to their limo away from the shopping center and screaming fans.

They just finished the tour of London with the fans and were heading to the meet and greet.

After they get settled in the limo, Ross sighs, sprawling out in the seat across from Laura. "Finally." He says, with closed eyes. "A limo."

"You just can't stand being out of the famous life." Laura replies.

"That isn't true." Ross tells her, opening his eyes.

"It's partly true." Laura says.

"No," he says.

"Whatever you say then." Laura says.

Ross blows away that conversation. "What are we doing tonight?"

Laura looks down. "... I was going to talk to Anthony."

Ross just looks at her and then he groans, rolling his eyes. He lays down in his seat, not speaking to her.

"No! I'm just going to talk and then i'll hang out with you." Laura says.

Ross perks back up. "Oh." He says. "I thought you were going to ditch me again."

"No. I told you we were going to hang out today, didn't i?" Laura asks him smiling.

Ross smiles back at her.

Suddenly, their little moment was cut in two because Laura's phone vibrated loudly.

She took out her phone and saw that it was a text from Anthony. Ross looks for her reaction.

Anthony: We seriously need to talk.

Laura: I know. I was going to come by.

Anthony: I don't think you understand. I want to talk about what happened between you and him. I watched on tv.

Laura stares at the screen. He knew that she kissed Ross on the cheek. Her fingers felt like they were shaking. She didn't know what to type.

Ross looks at her. "What's wrong?" He asks, worriedly. "Laur, you okay?"

Laura snaps back to reality and looks to Ross. "Uh, yeah. Fine."

"Is it Anthony?" Ross asks.

Laura didn't feel like lying to him so she nods.

"Can I see?"

"Why?" She asks him, tentatively. "What are you going to do?"

"Just let me see." Ross says.

Laura doesn't see the bad in it. But, last time she said that, it didn't turn out too well. Whatever.

She hands him the phone and sits next to him. "Don't do anything."

"I wouldn't be able to. Your flip phone is weird." Ross jokes.

"Shut up," Laura smiles. She leans over him, making sure he doesn't type anything.

Ross looks over her texts, not minding how close Laura was to him. "Wow, really?" He says and starts to type something in her phone.

Laura reacts late. "Wait, what are you doing!?" She exclaims, trying to grab her phone back. "Ross, stop!"

Laura practically climbs all over him and grabs her phone except it never leaves his grip. He laughs. "Laura! Just trust me. I'm not going to say anything mean."

"Ross, i don't trust you." Laura says, not letting go of her phone. "Give it back."

"Trust me." He tells her. "You can trust me."

Laura looks into his eyes, debating whether to trust him or not. But, if he said that she could trust him, he better keep his word.

Laura lets go of her phone and Ross shifts himself in a better position. Laura leans over him, watching intently.

Ross is caused to fall over to the side of the limo. Laura still leans on him. "Chill, dude." Ross laughs. "You still don't trust me."

Laura sighs. "I'm just making sure."

Ross types and sends a text: what time do you want to meet me and what room?

Laura watches Ross as he sends it. "See? There. You can trust me." He replies.

Laura feels bad for doubting him, once again. So, she smiles at him.

Her phone vibrates.

Anthony: Come to 537. Whenever your ready, come.

Ross types in back: sure. i gtg.

Laura looks at Ross's text. "Wait, why did you say 'gtg'!?"

"We're almost here." He replies.

"No! I don't say gtg!" Laura says.

Ross waves that away. "Who cares? He won't know it was me." He says, handing her, her phone.

Laura takes it back. "If he asks, i'm going to fall over and die."

"Or you can play it off and lie, because you're an actress." Ross says.

"Well, i know that. But, i really don't like lying to people." She says.

"It's a good lie, though."

"No lies are good, Ross." She says.

"But, sometimes lying is the best way." He replies to her.

----------------------------------------------
Yay! New chapter! Hehe.

It's actually super short... Sorry...

Anyways, i broke my wrist at soccer practice today so, I'm typing with my right hand only. It's real slow.

Talk about dem #soccergirlprobs.

I hope i can play the biggest game of the season tomorrow. OMG DRA-MA!!!

I'm fine, though. So, let me just go back to doing my thang.

Peace.

-allaboutraura