Nineteen

Nineteen

Sleep had felt almost impossible.

All through the night, she's been crying. Laura tried to drain down her sorrows by writing down random notes and stuff.

However, those notes made her feel worse. They only made her realize that Ross probably won't come out of the hospital alive.

She tosses the papers on top of her suitcase.

It was 8:37 a.m. in the morning now. She has gotten absolutely no sleep and it would probably continue to be like that.

Laura felt an intense longing to visit Ross in the hospital, but she probably wouldn't be able to. Her parents will be trying to stop anymore contact with Ross.

She closes her eyes, trying to stop tears and then takes out her laptop, to occupy herself. The first thing she goes on is twitter.

She has about a billion notifications, obviously, so she scrolls through the most of them.

"Poor @lauramarano and @rossr5. :("

"I'm crying so hard! I hope @rossr5 is okay! Take care @lauramarano!"

"@lauramarano it's all your fault Ross is going to die! I bet ur the reason he's like this!"

"@lauramarano what happened to Ross!?"

People already knew about Ross that fast. Some were saying that Laura poisoned him. Are they mindless!? What kind of person would do this to that amazingly perfect guy!?

So many tweets were asking her what happened to him and many people were accusing her. It made her feel terrible inside, because people actually thought that she would totally do something horrible and sick to Ross.

Laura checks out the tweets getting sent to Ross.

"@rossr5 come back, Ross!"

"@rossr5 miss you!"

"I hope you come back and see this @rossr5."

Laura looks to her closed blinds as the tears fall from her eyes. Then, as she inhales, shakily, she turns back to the screen and looks at Ross's most recent tweet.

It was a 'sniped' photo of Laura: "@lauramarano aww, she's reading you guys' tweets."

It was a picture of Laura sitting at her laptop on her bed. The picture was taken two days ago.

She smiles at the tweet and scrolls down on, looking at his other tweets. There was the one that he tweeted when Laura went on that date with Anthony: "Guys, Laura went out with an old time friend. I told her that she should go. Laura's not ditching me."

Laura should have just stayed with Ross that day. She couldn't take time with him for granted.

Only if she knew that her best friend would suddenly get poisoned.

She looks to the tweet before that; the one that they took in the music room: "So happy this girl found this room at our hotel. Guess what we're going to do for a couple of hours. @lauramarano #twinning #musicislife"

Laura smiles at the picture that they took just a few days ago.

Memories rush back to her and she starts to feel empty inside.

To try to prevent her from anymore crying-which was literally impossible-she shuts down the computer, shielding herself from anymore memories.

Maybe I just need a little air... Laura suggests to herself.

She blankly gets up from her bed, lazily changes into a white shirt, blue skinny jeans, a black leather jacket with a fake fur hood, and black heel boots. She then drags herself down the hallway into the elevator, pressing the lobby button and backs away from the doors. As they start to close, Laura suddenly hears a rapid shuffling of feet that were running in her direction.