Twelve

Twelve

Unexpectedly, Anthony brings Laura closer to his face.

"Why did you kiss his cheek today?" He asks furiously through gritted teeth.

Laura struggles to get out of his grip. "What-!? Anthony, stop!"

He doesn't let go. "Why was he carrying you today?"

"Get off!" Laura shouts. "Anthony!"

"Don't forget you are my girlfriend. Not his." He says.

As Laura fights to get out of his grip, Anthony suddenly smashes his mouth against hers.

Laura doesn't stop fighting. She finally breaks away from him, pushing him away. "What the heck!?" Laura yells. "You grab my neck, yell at me, and then kiss me!?"

His eyes suddenly turn from lust and anger to sympathy. "Oh my god." He says. "Laura, i'm terribly sorry. I don't know what came over me. I swear, it won't happen again."

She pushes by him, only letting out a sound of disbelief. "Happen again or not. I'm so done."

Anthony grabs her arm, more gentle, this time. "Laura, i'm terribly sorry. Really, i am."

Laura turns to him. "Ross, was right."

Anthony gets angry but tries not to show it. "About what?"

"This was a mistake. I wasn't ready to have you as my boyfriend. We barely know each other." Laura says.

"So, what?" He laughs. "Give me another chance?"

Laura doesn't need to think. "I'm really not into this relationship anymore." She says, breaking out of his grip and going to the door.

She opens it and walks out into the hallway, only wanting to get away from Anthony.

The first thing she sees is Ross, hurrying over to her.

Laura starts to hurry to him, but Anthony grabs her arm. "Ross, help!" She shouts.

"I'm not done talking to you!" Anthony says.

Ross goes over to Anthony and pushes him into a wall, making him let go of Laura.

Ross grabs Laura's wrist, pulling her behind him, aiming to only protect her.

Anthony gets angry again and gets in Ross's face. "Think you can fight me?"

Ross doesn't reply but keeps his ground. A fight wouldn't look good on his career. So he keeps himself from throwing the first swing.

But, he'll do what he can for Laura.

"You better not touch her." Ross tells Anthony. He looks into his eyes with full on intesity, meaning every word.

"You can't tell me not to touch my girlfriend." Anthony says, smugly.

Laura speaks up. "We aren't together anymore."

Anthony furiously steps to her. But, Ross gets in his way. He made sure Anthony wasn't going any closer to her.

"Laura, go to my room." Ross tells her, without taking his eyes off of Anthony.

"Ross, but w-." She starts.

"Laura, go." Ross says.

Laura doesn't want him to fight with Anthony, so he pulls him with her to the elevator.

At first, Ross doesn't move. But, then he gives in and goes with Laura. He doesn't stop watching Anthony, though.

"Are you scared!?" Anthony shouts. "Don't want to settle this?"

"Shut up, Anthony!" Laura yells to him without looking back.

They turn the corner and Ross starts walking forward. His pace was fast and angry. Every step he took was fire on ice.

Laura catches up to him and stands quietly in the elevator as the doors close.

Ross looks down at the floor, gripping the railing hard.

Laura wanted to say something to him, but he looked so angry. She wouldn't want another guy taking out their anger on her.

No, that was stupid. She knew Ross. She knew he wouldn't ever hurt her.

She looks to him just as the elevator opens and he walks out. Laura follows him into his room. And he closes the door behind him.

The feeling felt all too familiar.

Soon, Ross was going to choke her, and yell...

No. No. Ross wouldn't do that.

Ross sees Laura zoning out, but looking frightened. Almost traumatized.

He approaches her and she startles backwards, as if he would hurt her.

"Laura, i'll NEVER hurt you." Ross says.

Laura remembers that this is Ross. This is her best friend. This is the guy who just protected her.

She convinces herself. "Sorry..." She starts. "It's just that... Anthony..."

Ross caresses her neck with his hand, seeing a bruise starting to form.

She flinches a bit, causing Ross to pause and look at her. Laura looks away, almost feeling guilty.

"Laur, what'd he do to you?" He asks, concerned.

Ross deserved to know. She takes a while to formulate her words. "H-he grabbed my neck and yelled at me... He asked me why I kissed your cheek... Why you were carrying me... I couldn't breathe and i was scared. I screamed and then... then... then..."

Ross was majorly angry. He pushes Laura's hair back, away from her face. "Then... what?" He asks, softly. "Speak to me, Laur."

For some reason, Laura's eyes begin to water. "He... He kissed me."

Ross jolts and balls his hands into fists. He looks away from her and then angrily runs his hand through his hair. "This is fucking it." He says and turns away from her and to the door.

He walks to it, but Laura runs in front of him, blocking the door.

"Laura, please move." Ross says, frustrated.

She doesn't move. "Ross, don't..." She says, already predicting exactly what he was going to do.

Ross freaks out. "Laura, I need to jack his ass up." He says. "I won't let anyone treat you like that!"

Laura gives him a small considering smile. She stands up on her tip-toes, so they were at the same height and wraps her arms around his neck.

Ross takes a while to calm down and lets his arms come around her. He felt relaxed when he felt her body against his.

Laura tightens her hold against him and closes her eyes. "Thank you, Ross."

Ross closes his eyes, relaxing himself more. "I should have punched him when I got the chance."

"You did the right thing." Laura tells him. "Not fighting was the best thing to do."

"Laura, i should have came sooner." He tells her.

"Stop." She says. "You did what you could."

"No, i could have done more." He says.

"Ross, you protected me and now I'm here. I'm okay."

"Laura, i heard you scream but i paused. I should have just ran straight in the room. Laura, i-."

Laura suddenly kisses his cheek. It shuts him up and he looks at her, surprised.

"You are a sweetheart, Ross. You protected me from anything else he could have done. You protected me and I'm fine."

Ross finally breathes after receiving his second cheek-kiss from her. "O-okay... Can you do that again, though?"

Laura smiles and plants a soft kiss on his cheek, her lips linger longer than necessary on his skin.

Ross explodes inside and turns red on the outside. He smiles. "Thanks... I shouldn't have asked you that, though."

Laura blushes too. "Yeah, i know." She says. "It won't happen again."

Ross is quiet for a moment, but eventually his quirky side comes back out. "Don't be too sure." He smiles, flirtatiously.

Laura smiles back at him, wondering why he joked about these things with only her. "Serioulsy, Ross. We're friends."

Ross goes back to hugging her. "I know... I just... I really..."

Laura continues to rest her head in his neck. "You really what?"

"I just really care about you."

Laura smiles and squeezes him tight. "Thanks." She says. "I really care about you, too."

"You do?" He asks.

"Shut up, Ross. Of course, i do." Laura says.

He laughs. "No, but i care about you a lot."

Laura gazes at his eyes. They seemed to be gleaming. "Thanks..." She says. "I care about you a lot, too..."

"Are you just saying that?" Ross asks her.

Laura shakes her head. "No."

Ross smiles. He was so close to her. He looks down at her lips, wanting to do this at least once. He wanted her so bad. So bad for so long.

Without thinking, Ross slowly starts to lean in.

Laura hesitates and also starts to lean in.

Right when both of their eyes are closed, Laura steps away from him and they both open their eyes.

Fuck. Ross thinks. He'd come so close.

"I-I should get some sleep. I'm really tired." Laura says, backing up to the door.

Ross nods. "Um... yeah... Me too."

Laura opens the door and steps out of the room. Ross tenses up but then starts to her. "Laura..."

She turns back to him. "Yeah?"

Ross leans against the doorframe, staring at her for a while. She looks back at him, waiting for him to say something.

He looks down at the ground, shoving his hands in his pockets. "I-..."

Laura blinks at him, patiently. She stands silently.

"I li... I li... I li..." Ross tries to say 'I like you.' But, the stupid words don't come out. He knew he wasn't going to be able to do it. "I li..."

Laura gives him a confused look.

"... Goodnight." He says, babying out of it.

Laura looks at him for a while. She didn't understand what he really was going to say. So, she shrugs it off, mentally. "Goodnight."

Ross closes the door to his room after watching Laura enter her room. He immediately goes to his bed, picks up a pillow and throws it down on the floor, angrily.

"I'm such a wimp!" He yells at his own self.

He groans and paces, running his hands through his hair all at the same time.

Ross knew too well that all guys had this problem. Asking someone out that they really like.

I mean, but how could Anthony do it like nothing? He asked on the freaking second day!

Ross still can't ask her and it's been three freaking years!

This kind of crap bothered him way too much.

To put him more on edge, his phone constantly vibrates at his leg, creating an obnoxious feeling that made him want to rip his face off.

He grabs his phone out of his pocket and almost throws it across the room. Luckily, he realizes the ridiculousness he's going through. So instead of chucking his phone and cracking the screen, he looks at the notification.

Riker was calling him.

Ross rolls his eyes and answers the phone. "What?" He asks, sharply.

Riker doesn't take his crap. "Ross, you better calm yourself down. I didn't make you mad so lose the attitude when you're talking with me."

Ross doesn't reply. He just lays down on his bed.

He was totally used to Riker yelling at him for stuff. You would think that Ross Lynch wouldn't be yelled at for anything. But, no. Riker doesn't treat him like he's the superstar that most people do. He treats him like any older brother treats his little brother. He was always making sure he set Ross straight and was in charge.

"Are you ready yet?" Riker asks.

Ross doesn't drop his attitude. He just got more annoyed that Riker kept telling him what to do. "Whatever."

"Ross, i'm serious. If I was there, i would literally slap you." Riker says, demandingly. "Lose the attitude."

Ross silently groans to himself. "What did you call me for?" He asks in a regular tone. His attitude wasn't lost at all. He just acted like he lost it.

"I called to tell you that we got a flight but we won't be boarding the plane until tomorrow." Riker sighs.

"So, you guys are going to be here soon?" Ross asks, not meaning to sound disapointed.

"Are you sad that your little alone times with Laura are going to be disturbed?" Riker teases.

Ross looks down. "Kinda."

"Dude, relax. We won't mess with you too much."

"Wow, thanks." Ross says sarcastically. "... We almost kissed today."

"Oh, we saw that... It was that cheek kiss on tv, right?" He asks.

Ross smiles at the memory. "Nah. We actually almost kissed."

"Shut up! You're lying." Riker exclaims.

"I'm not. We were soooo close." Ross smiles.

"That's great." He says. "My baby brother is growing up."

"I'm not your 'baby' brother. I'm just younger." Ross tells him.

"You still are a baby to me, all those little attitudes you have... Wait, if you said that you almost kissed Laura, why are you so mad?"

Ross groans, his anger suddenly coming back. "Because i'm a fucking coward."

"Watch your mouth." Riker tells him, because he likes as little bad language as possible. "What were you trying to do?"

"I was trying to ask her out after she dumped her boyfriend for basically assaulting her."

"Assaulting her!?" Riker exclaims. Ross was suspicious of how concerned he was. "Is she okay!?"

"Yeah, i pushed him off of her." He replies, pretty proudly.

"Good... Good..." Riker says.

Ross nods.

"Well, I got to go. So, talk to you later." Riker says.

"Kay, bye." Ross says and Riker hangs up.

He puts his phone on the bed and takes off his shirt. Then, takes of his pants, putting on his yellow sleep-shorts.

He jumps into bed, not caring if he didn't take a shower... He'll do that in the morning.

He rolls on his side and struggles to fall asleep.
. . . . . .

Ross stares up at the ceiling.

It was almost 4:00 and he still couldn't sleep. He was tired but he couldn't make himself fall asleep.

He was thinking about asking Laura out.

Of course, he really wouldn't do it. He doesn't have the guts to do it.

But, how will she be his if he could never ask her to be?

Life is complicated.

Ross gets up and goes into the bathroom. He turns on the light and stares at his reflection.

He starts to practice. "Hey, Laura... i really like you sooo... Maybe we should go out?"

Ross shakes his head and tries again. "Laur, I'm in love with you and i think about you all the time..."

Ross tries again. "Laura, we should go out."

He groans. This was ridiculous! He was up at 4:00, talking to himself!

Ross runs his hand through his hair and decides to just get ready.

He takes a long shower and then gets changed in jeans, a white undershirt, and a blue plaid sleeve shirt over top. He takes out a beanie and puts it on, hiding his messy hair.

It was 6:22 now.

He turns off the light and grabs Laura's room key and his.

He leaves his room and goes into Laura's, unsure of what he was actually going to do.

He silently closes the door and goes over to Laura. She was fast asleep. Weird, her alarm should have gone off already.

"Laura?" He whispers, making sure she wasn't faking her sleep. She couldn't hear anything he was going to say.

When she doesn't move or respond, Ross gets down on his knees on the floor, watching her. He takes out his phone, going to voice memos. He wanted to record this. If he could say it without actually saying it in front of her, a recording would do much better.

He had to of lost his mind. He's gone creepy psycho.

"Laura..." He starts, whispering. "I-I really kinda-. I mean, I really, really like y-you... So... will... will... will... y-you g-go o-out w-with... m-me?"

This wasn't intended for Laura to hear. And it was good she didn't. This was pathetic. Instead of waking her up to get ready, he was practicing asking her out.

"Shit." Ross says. He starts over, taking a deep breath. "Laur, I want you to know that I-I-I-I..." He face-palms himself and groans silently. "I can't do it."

He gets really frustrated with himself and stares at her for a while.

They are probably going to stay as just friends for the rest of his life.

Suddenly, he closes his eyes. "Laura, i love you."

His fingers press the stop recording button and he sighs of relief, finally getting that out.

Only if he had the guys to say that to her for real.

He puts his phone in his pocket and goes closer to Laura. He was aiming to scare her when she wakes up.

But, wouldn't that be a little creepy? How he'd come into her room and just stay at her bedside, watching her sleep?

Very. But, oh well. He'll just say that this is payback for the time she came into his room and dumped cold water on him.

He smiles to himself and watches her silently.

. . . . . .

Laura looks to Ross because he seemed to be in her bed, staring at her. Her vision was blurry. Everything was blurred.

She could see that he was under the covers with her with no shirt on.

She turns to him and smiles. "Hi."

"Hey, love." He replies. "Did you have a nice sleep?"

"Yep." She tells him. "Did you?"

"Of course. Here i am, with you." He says.

Laura scoots closer to him. "You're more hot with no shirt on." She tells him.

He smiles, showing his whole chest and abs. Laura feels butterflies. "Wanna feel my abs?" He flexes.

Laura brings her hand to his abs and caresses his skin, feeling his muscles.

"Laura, i love you." He says.

"I love you too, Ross."

. . . . . .

Ross sees Laura had been smiling slightly. She must have been having a really good dream.

Ross looks at every detail of her face.

She is just so beautiful.

He gets a closer look at her face and strokes her cheek.

Only if he had her. His world would be complete. His life would be made.

He hesitantly leans closer to her face, pressing his lips to her cheek, softly.

When he separates from her, he has this unbearable urge to go for something more than her cheek.

He studies her for a second. He leans in and almost kisses her but he jolts back, standing up.

No, this whole situation was wrong.

He basically barged in her room, watched her sleep, kissed her cheek, and now he's going to kiss her without her wanting to.

Ross feels his hormones telling him to go and do it.

So, he follows his hormone's wishes. He goes back over to her and leans over her.

He tilts his head down slowly, slowly to hers.

Almost there...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ahhhh! i have you guys another cliffhanger!!!

Is Ross really going to kiss Laura or will he end up not?

Oh, the pain of waiting!

Okay, guys i have a C in AP US and i think i might get my phone taken away from me... so, if I'm not active on instagram or put my status of how the talk went, then, my phone is gone.

I won't be able to type! :(

Guys, please hope for me.

Also vote. If I get a lot of vote this chapter, the next chapter will be super long and SUPER RAURA.

Maybe there might be something like a ......... ;)

Also, i unfollowed a lot of people if you want me to follow you back, comment '6' in the comments! I'll follow you back!

- allaboutraura