Twenty-Three

Read my new story: The Definition of Love (Raura)
Twenty-Three

A strange, uneasy feeling lingered in the air around Laura. This wasn't something that she'd ever do. It felt too wrong.

I'm doing this for Ross. I'm doing this for you, Ross. She tries to convince herself, so she doesn't wimp and back out of it so soon.

Anthony's room was quiet. So quiet that it made her want to puke. She takes a few deep breaths and leaves the cleaning cart at the door, propping it open.

Laura wanted it to look like a cleaning lady was cleaning the room, so she'll have to look like it, even if it can expose her.

Her eyes search over his room. Everything was pretty much in place. There was a few clothes on the ground here and there, a couple papers on a desk, and the sheets on his bed were a little out of place.

Laura glances over at the place where Anthony was kind of choking her.

She closes her eyes, takes a deep breath, and walks over the papers with his writing looking close to chicken scratch. She has to squint to make out the words.

... I did it. Thank you for the gift basket. The girl I gave it to will surely be mine. Once I get the boy out of the way, she will not be able to escape me.

Those chocolate truffles will surely do me good. Your help has been such a...

Laura sucks in some air and reaches in her pocket to take out Ross's phone and snaps a picture of the letter. She also takes a picture of the address that Anthony was going to send the letter to.

Anthony had to of done this. He has to have the antidote. She thinks.

She starts to look in all drawers of his room for a liquid in a vial or some sort of container.

Finding the drawers in his room were empty, she walks over to his bathroom going through the cabinets and drawers.

She was running out of hope. It was no where to be found. Did it even exist?

Laura glances at the mahogany drawers, Anthony's white bed sheets, his luggage that she checked twice, the empty bags in his rooms, and then out the window.

She had to find the antidote by tonight or Ross was done for.

Laura thinks and leaves the room.

. . . . . . . .

After dropping off the cart and the cleaning lady clothes, Laura heads back up to her room, keeping the key card to all the rooms... Just in case.

As frustrated as she was about not finding the antidote in Anthony's room, she thought about ways to make Anthony give it up to her.

Somehow, she'll have to get it.

When she turns a corner, she suddenly stops, backing against the wall. Rocky and Riker were arguing in the hotel lobby.

"I mean, how do you lose one girl in an elevator!?" Rocky exclaims, his arms fly up in disbelief.

Riker stops in his tracks, turning to Rocky, irritatedly. "I-I don't know!" He says, running his hands through his straight blond hair. "She pushed me and ran!"