Part 2- Chapter 13- The After Party

Dianne POV
An hour later, the after party
Me and Joe were sitting at the bar, just people watching, watching Neil as he drunk danced with his first ever celebrity partner, watching Katya as she dragged Neil to a sofa to have a glass of water, watching Johannes as he pulled out a bowl for Neil to throw up in. The music in the background was a blur, the only thing I could focus on was the man in front of me.
'I can't believe it. I actually cannot believe it.' I smirked, as he took my hand from across the bar.
'You better believe it babe. Because after next year, you will be all mine.'
'Happily Mr Sugg. I'm very excited.' He let out a single laugh, before placing a kiss on my lips.
'Get a room would ya?' AJ approached behind us. We pulled apart and laughed at him, him laughing back. He took the seat next to us.
'Congratulations by the way guys! I knew it from day 1.'
'That's what they all say.' I replied jokingly, even though about 5 people told me on Jive week that we looked great together.
'Anyways, I can't stay long, i can't say very much, but somebody wants to throw a surprise for your wedding.' He have a sly smirk, as he tried to walk away, but I grabbed his jacket sleeve and pulled him back.
'Woah, what was that for?'
'Who is it?'
'That would be telling.'
'WHO IS IT?!'
'A SURPRISE! It's not that crazed ex of yours if that's what you mean.' I slowly released his sleeve, expecting him to walk away, but he didn't. He placed a hand on my shoulder, and gave me a small smile.
'He's dead Dianne.' Were his simple, soft words before he walked away. I turned back to face Joe, and saw him, with a light smile on his face, leaning in to kiss my forehead.
'He is right. You need to stop worrying.'
'After all he's put us through, I will never stop worrying.'
'But you need to, Di, he's de-'
'I KNOW HES DEAD! THAT DOESNT MEAN IM NOT WORRYING!' I stormed off, grabbing my bag and slamming the door shut behind me. I walked down an alley, so no one could find me, and sat up against one of the bins. I was going to go back, I just needed to think.
Joe POV
I raced after Dianne, not bothering to grab my things. I didn't mean to hurt her, I was trying to cheer her up, but she was clearly bothered by the events from those years ago. I passed an alley, assuming she wasn't down there and kept walking, seeing AJ on the phone. I decided to listen in, to try and hear what the surprise was.
'Yeah she said yes. Yeah cute I know. She thought you were dead though I'm confused? Ohhh ok. Ok got ya, so I'll let you know the venue when it's arranged and you can just come through and surprise her. Ok. Ok bye!' He hung up and turned around seeing me there. He lied, right to our faces. I couldn't help myself, I had to let the anger out, and felt my hand whack his cheek. He placed his hand on the area o had hit, feeling it go bright red.
'You lied, AJ. You lied.'
'No I didn't, hear me out please.'
'Fine.'
'I was taking to her parents.' Suddenly I showed an interest.
'You What ?'
'That was Mark. I'm arranging to get Mark, Rina, Andrew, Mia, all of her family over to England for the big day, as a surprise.'
'Then what about that whole being dead thing?'
'That was about their dog, it died last year and they got a new one, so I was confused.' Suddenly it all made sense. One of Dis best friends was doing something so special for her big day. Maybe I was the one who needed to stop worrying.
'I'm in.'
To be honest with you guys, I don't really know where to go with this story and I might just end this one and focus on my other one, so let me know what you think and if you have any plot ideas let me know in the comments, or I might have to do another time skip to the wedding and leave it there :)