Chapter 3- Small Talk

Dianne POV

In bed that night, all I could think about was my date, and how Anthony just wasn't the same any more. I knew that in the morning, I had to just give in and tell him my feelings towards him. Certain of what I was going to do, I drifted off to sleep, trying to think about nothing but the rehearsals.

When I woke up in the morning, I was surprised to find that the bed was empty, and all that was there beside me was a note, that read:

'change of plan, had to get a train back to Yorkshire for emergency filming, be back in a few weeks xx'

I understood, but also felt slightly betrayed, like he didn't want to be with me. Still pondering, I pulled on some dance wear and left for the studios.

When I arrived I heard what sounded like somebody talking to themselves, so I went to go investigate. I walked in to the Star Bar and saw Joe sitting next to Amy and Oti, and having a discussion about spray tan. I sat opposite him, and he made straight eye contact, which made me feel kind of strange, like I'd never felt before...  nervous, almost...

Joe POV

'So, today I'm getting a spray tan' I said directly down the camera. I noticed Dianne sit opposite, and we made eye contact, for a short moment, before continuing on with the vlog.

'Yes, your going to look like a fried tomato' Oti responded,

'Or like a carrot' Amy replied reassuringly.

'Yeah, and you know you can get different colours' Dianne chimed in. I turned my camera around and I noticed her give me a minute side smile, before continuing on about the different shades, and smell of biscuit.

Once I had finished the vlog clip, Dianne pulled out her phone.

'I'm gonna do my joke of the day!' She said enthusiastically, 'do you wanna be in it?' I nodded my head in agreement, as she brought instagram up on her phone.

'Alright everyone, time for my joke of the day' she began, 'what do cows dance to?'

Oti and Amy responded with I don't know, but after a few seconds I thought I had an answer.

"Ooh, I know it, I know it! Moooosic!"

"You ruined it, you ruined my joke of the day!"

She laughed. She uploaded it, just before Amy and Oti were called for spray tans.

Dianne POV

It was just me and Joe in the Star Bar, so I went to go and sit next to him.

"I can't believe you knew that joke!" I smiled, still giggling. He started to laugh,

"Well, six years of entertaining on YouTube, you'd hope it'd get you somewhere"

"Six years, really?!" I asked, fascinated that he had been doing what he loved for so long.

"Yeah it's a long time," he replied "but I love it, and I have it to thank for all of this." He was deep, but had a relatable sense of humour- I could tell he had a sensitive side to him somewhere.

"How long have you been dancing?"

"About 25 years- I started when I was 3"

"Wow" he replied, taken aback by my response. Our eyes met again, but the gaze was soon broken as I felt my phone buzz in my back pocket.

"Who is it" he asked, genuinely intrigued.

"You nosy parker!" I replied, with a clear sense of humour on my tone. I could tell he understood, as he pulled a face an let out a light snort.

"Well if you must know, it's my partner Anthony. He came back yesterday and left this morning with no explanation" I ignored the call, and watched as Joes face fell slightly, angered almost.

"Well, I've never really had a girlfriend, but I'm pretty sure that's not something you should do. Are you not gonna answer it?"

"Nah" I replied, clearly bothered by the situation, "he'll probably put me in a bad mood and I'm having fun, so."

It felt wrong to say but it was true. Nowadays, speaking to Anthony wasn't a pleasure, but more of a chore. There was never anything to say. With Joe, the conversation was flowing, and I didn't want to spoil that- we clicked, and got on well as friends.

Thanks so much for all the reads! Next chapter it will get a bit more interesting, so stick around :)