Chapter 17- And the winner is...

Dianne POV
After our cute little lunch the rest of the day went smoothly and we made it to Saturday without much confusion towards the dance. It went well, we had done it better, but the lifts were neat and we ended up with 36, so i was happy.
We had a rough week for semi finals with us having two dances, but we made it through with a bit of teamwork. And you know what that meant... we were FINALISTS!! I was so proud, Joe had put so much effort in to the show and I had loved watching him grow every week, but it was also a downer, as it meant I wouldn't be able to spend every day laughing and dancing with the boy I loved. But never the less, we were determined to make the most of it, and spend as long as we could soaking up the final days of training. However, they went quicker than ever, and before we knew it, we were sitting on the leather sofa, having finished the final run through of our show dance. Joe put his arm tight around me and I cuddled into his chest. He kissed my forehead, and we sat, in silence, just looking around the room. Joe turned his head away from me, but I could see him starting to cry.
'It's okay Joe. I know it's your last time dancing on Strictly, but your with me, and we still have a lifetime together, and more.' I reassured him whilst running my finger along his arm. He sniffled, and pulled me in tighter.
'I love you so much, Dianne. I honestly can't thank you enough for the experience you have given me on this show and-' he stopped to wipe the tears away from mine and his face, 'and for making my journey a million times more special than anyone else's. Even if we don't win the glitter ball tomorrow, I want you to know that you are the best prize I could ask for.' The mascara was streaming, and I placed a kiss on his lips. I said it, on the first day we met, I knew he was hiding a sensitive side, I just never thought I'd get to see it- first Blackpool, and now this? He really was a big softie at heart- my big softie.
Joe POV
'AND YOUR WINNER OF STRICTLY COME DANCING 2018 IS...' the music started to blare through the speakers as I rested my head against Dianne's. I could feel her shaking with the nerves, and she could feel me doing the same, as I felt her squeeze my waist tighter. I let out a shaky breath, just before...
'STACEY AND KEVIN!!' I immediately rushed over and embraced Stacey, who was drilled to the spot in complete shock, and Di wasn't far behind, who practically jumped Kevin, who had been in around 4 finals but never won. Before they lifted the glitter ball, Tess approached us for a couple of questions about life after Strictly.
'I'm gonna miss you!' I told Dianne, lying to Tess blatantly so as to keep our secret.
'I'm gonna miss you more!' Dianne continued, keeping the lie going for one more day. I pulled her in for a large hug, knowing this would be the last time I would spend with her on the Strictly floor, taking in every last breath from within Elstree. What an incredible 3 months.
Sorry there wasn't a chapter yesterday, I was going to try and draft one but I didn't have any time, so I managed to get this one out today by working at 12am! I decided to go with the time skip, mostly because I did a little bit of research and found out that nothing big really happened in those weeks, so there wasn't really anything to talk about, but I wanted to mention them anyway. Finally, thank you for nearly 2.7K reads, that is honestly beyond what I had imagined happening for this book, so thank you sooo much :)
(Also this was a bit shorter, sorry!)