Chapter 14- Just Like Fred

Dianne POV
Time skip to Blackpool
Silence. The music was done. The dance had gone amazing, he hit every step, no mistakes, perfect top line. Surely... I wasn't going to get my hopes up. I screamed with delight and hugged Joe tighter than ever.
'Just like Fred' I whispered, as I felt his lips touch my cheek.
As we waited in the Clauditorium, my heart was beating out of my chest, and I could tell Joes was too. His eyes were darting around everywhere- he does that when he's nervous- and I was fiddling with the aqua feathers on my dress as a distraction.
'Craig Revel-Horwood' the voice announced. Silence.
'8' I sighed quietly. Surely we'd done better than that well there goes any chance of a-
'10!' I snapped back to reality. Had Darcy just said what I thought she said? I assumed so by Joes reaction, as he squeezed my shoulder tightly.
'Another 10!' No way.
'An another 10!' What had just happened?! I hugged joe and squeezed his hand that was interlocked in mine. He was looking away from the camera, which worried me for a moment, until I realised why- he was crying. My heart melted in my chest, as my eyes prickled with tears knowing that Joe was emotional. Worse? I couldn't say much to help. I couldn't kiss him. I couldn't tell him I loved him. I was useless in the situation. The whole time Claudia was talking, all I could do was smile and nod, I felt so bad for Joe, and the second we knew the cameras were off, I didn't care who saw, and I grabbed his face and pulled him in for a dainty kiss. When we pulled apart, I wiped the tears from his face, both of us smiling, and I whispered softly
'I have never been more proud. I love you, Joseph'
Everyone, including Claudia, was looking at us, looking like they were about to burst, until I felt Claudias arms wrap around the both of us. We clinged on to each other, before Claudia started shouting,
'I told you, and I told you, and you owe me £50!'
We stood there, hands interlocked confused out of our minds, for the rest of the live show. Was our secret keeping really that bad?
Joe POV
After the cameras, were off the first person took congratulate us was Faye, soon followed by Ashley and then Giovanni. We went back to Di's dressing room and sat on her sofa, exhausted. Dianne rested her head on my sweating chest and I placed my hand on her head, stroking her cherry locks.
'I can't believe we got a 10' Dianne mumbled whilst closing her eyes.
'I know' I replied, knowing that she wouldn't hear me, as she had drifted off into a sleep. I placed a kiss on her forehead, and strolled over to my laptop to put on my music for concentration. Quietly, I opened a packet of chocolate pretzels, being careful to not stir Dianne. However the smell of chocolate was too strong, and she woke up and came to steal them from me.
'I thought I had strategically opened these while you were asleep?'
'Well you thought wrong Suggy, I can smell these a mile off.' With that, we spent our free half an hour chatting and eating, and simply enjoying each other's company.
I know I say this every chapter, but thank you for over 1.6K reads, that is absolutely incredible, and thank you to every single one of you :)