Part 2- Chapter 6- From Bad to Worse

Dianne POV
I stared at my phone in disbelief, sucking in the tears that were welling in my eyes. It'll be fine. What's the worst he could do? I took a deep breath before leaving the toilets and heading back into the main room.
'Is everything okay?' Neil asked as I sat in the seat next to him.
'All good. Just needed a minute, that's all.' The rest of the meeting dragged on, all of it a blur. All I could think about was Anthony, and how I might have to ballroom dance with my maniac of an ex. When I finally got home, I saw joe fast asleep on the sofa. He looked so adorable and I didn't want to wake him, so I took off my shoes and layers down next to him, snuggling into his side. He smelt like vomit, but I didn't care, I just wanted to be with him, and no one else. Even though he was fast asleep, he immediately took my mind off of Strictly, all of me focussed on the gorgeous boy that lay beside me. I felt him stir, and saw one of his eyes peek open. He turned over, and wrapped his arms around me, pulling me in close.
'Bad day at work.' He mumbled, half asleep still.
'Understatement. Anthony's on Strictly.' He sat up suddenly, causing him to gag slightly, but comprised himself.
'What the hell?! Is he some kind of stalker?'
'Clearly. Don't worry about it though, I can deal with it.' He lay back down again, reassembling our snuggled position.
'How was your day.'
'The police came over, my names been cleared and the articles have been changed.'
'Well at least something good happened today.' He placed a gentle kiss on my lips, resting his forehead against mine. We stayed like that for a while, before I felt my phone buzz underneath me. I reached to grab it, noticing Joe had fallen back to sleep and saw a text. From Pasquale.
*Pasquale: I need to see u. Now. Meet me at the bottom of ur building. Please.' I was tempted to ignore it, but something wasn't sitting right so, leaving joe on the sofa, I slipped my shoes on and headed downstairs. I saw Pasquale almost immediately, and upon approaching him, I noticed a worried look on his face.
'Pasquale?'
'Dianne? I'm so sorry, I didnt want to do it, he made me, I-'
'What Pasquale? Who?' Suddenly, I heard an alarm go above me, and saw people rushing out the building. I stopped one of them, a young woman with a baby in her arms.
'Excuse me, what is going on?!'
'CAN YOU NOT SEE, THERES A FIRE?!!'
My heart stopped in my chest. Joe.
'This is what you were talking about isn't it? ISN'T IT PASQUALE?!'
'Yes, Okay, Yes it was. He forced me. Your ex. I'm sorry.'
'Anthony. Where the hell is he?!'
'He started it... the fire... in your flat.'
'What?!!' My heart was beating at a thousand miles per hour, tears welling in my eyes. What had he done? I stared up at the building, the smoke coming out from the windows. It wasn't too bad, it had only affected floors 6 and 7 but... we were on floor 7. I watched through tears as the firefighters went in, hoses in hand, and put out the flames above us. It had stopped but still no sign of Joe.
'There's a young male, floor seven. Not dead, but barely alive. Send paramedics straight away.' I collapsed to the floor bursting into floods of tears, my hands shaking like leaves in hurricane. 
'Dianne? What the hell happened? And why are you on the floor.' I turned around, confused and slightly concerned.
'Joe?'
😱
Is Joe there? Or is it someone else? Is Joe still in the building? Can they recover their apartment and get Anthony arrested?
I'm going on a little mini break at the weekend, so there probably won't be a chapter, but if I get bored then who knows 😂
I am really enjoying writing this at the moment, so I hope you enjoy reading it as well, thank you for over 16,400 reads and remember to vote, comment, and follow me for notifs when I post 😁
Love u all :)