Part 2- Chapter 8- Are You Sure?

Dianne POV
It was a few hours after the incident, and me and joe were staying in a nearby hotel for a couple of weeks whilst all the damage was dealt with.
'I can't believe that I was an accessory to arson.'
'Don't talk like that. You didn't know, Pasquale was the one in the wrong, and the obvious.'
'I can't believe he'd go that far just to try to get me back.'
'The things we do for love.' We lay down in bed, considering it was around 2:30 by the time all the questioning and press had finished.
'I am knackered. I hope there's not too much damage.' Joe mumbled, his face planted in his pillow.
'Same. This has been the worst day.'
'I'd agree. It's not everyday a maniac try's to kill you by setting fire to your house just so he can get you back.'
'I'll give you that.' I sniggered into the duvet, letting my eyes grow heavy and fall into a light sleep, my mind still in the events of the night. I can't believe he would go this far. The punching, the stalking, Strictly and now arson? In a strange way, I was flattered, but mainly frustrated, and scared. I now knew what he was capable of, where would it stop?
Joe POV
I woke up the next morning to Dianne wandering around the room, already dressed in... sportswear.
'Dianne.'
'Oh, morning Joe. How are you?'
'I'm confused. Why are dressed for the gym?'
'Because we are going to the gym.'
'Still confused.'
'Why?! How?!'
'You said we. I don't gym.'
'Well you are today.' I moaned, but got dressed and went down to the hotel fitness room anyway. When we arrived, I was surprised to see Dr Ranj running on a treadmill.
'Heyyy, Ranjyyy! How are you bro?'
'Yeah I'm alright, my flats a little bit singed but other than that.'
'Yeah, same mate.'
'Do you know what happened?'
I shared a Look with Dianne, noticing her subtle head shake.
'No, think it might have been an accident.'
'Yeah, luckily no ones dead, one guy is in critical condition though.' We shared another look, knowing instantaneously who he was talking about.
'Shame, shame.' We started using the equipment, lifting some weights and using the treadmills and all that kinda stuff, before we called it a day. Just as we arrived back at the room, my phone started to ring violently in my pocket. I picked it up, and put it on speaker so Di could hear.
'Hi there, is this Joseph Sugg?'
'Yeah, that's me, who's this?'
'Hi, I'm Mandy, I work at Battersea Hospital. Mr Anthony Quinlan has awoken from his coma and has requested specifically to see you.'
'Are sure you don't mean my girlfriend Dianne Buswell?'
'Nope, he definitely said Joe Sugg.'
'Okayyyy... I'll be there in an hour.' I hung up the phone, and looked across to Dianne.
'Your actually going?'
'No, we're actually going. You take me to the gym, I take you to see your maniac ex boyfriend who tried to kill me and burnt half our flat down. Your welcome.' She rolled her eyes playfully, grabbing her bits to leave for the hospital. This would be interesting...
Not much happened, just a little filler, but there was a build up for some ☕️ next chapter... why does Anthony want to see Joe? What will he say? What will he do? Will he even survive after the fire? Thank you for 17,300, I love and appreciate every single one of you reading this or who has read it :)