Chapter 1- Meeting the Team

Joe POV
I wake up at the crack of dawn and reach over to check my phone- 15th August 2018- the day we meet the Strictly team. I did my morning stretch and pulled myself out of bed, before getting changed into the sportswear I had recently bought after finding out that I owned none.

I grabbed a pre packaged protein shake, nodded goodbye to Byron, and started walking to the studio where we would meet the pros and rehearse a group number for the prerecord.

Dianne POV
I had seen pictures of this years celebs, but I hadn't met them before. As they walked in, I could tell that this was going to be a good year. Some of them I recognised, like Charles from Casualty and Stacey and Katie from TV. However, some of them I'd never heard of such as Kate and Joe. They seemed lovely, but I didn't work with them much, so I didn't know for sure.
After the rehearsal had finished, Amy approached me

"Hey babe, a few of us are coming back to mine, fancy coming along?"

"Sorry I can't, Anthony's coming back from Yorkshire this evening"

"Ooooh well have fun" she replied. She winked at me and walked away to join Nadiyas conversation.

The truth was I would have loved to have gone back to hers. Things with Anthony and I have felt different recently- forced almost- we've been together a while so I think the thought of us splitting scares us even though we both know that it is the right thing to do. Never the less, I had to meet up with him in the hope that we would discuss that situation.

Joe POV
After the rehearsal, I decided I would take a taxi back to mine, as I didn't realise how achey the session would make me. Overall it went well. I worked with Amy the most, as well as Jenette, and they seemed lovely- I feel like Jenette could be my partner, as we are both  at a below average height, but I hadn't spoken to many of the other dancers, so I wasn't sure. To be honest, at that point the only names I knew were Amy, Jenette and Neil (choreographer).

As I walked through the door the first thing I noticed was the aroma of chicken curry.
"Byraaaaan, I love ya buddy" I exclaimed as walked up behind him and slapped his back.

"Joeyyyy how was rehearsal bru?" He asked in his classic South African accent.

"Good, bro, good" I replied, in my less fun Wiltshire accent. I collapsed onto the sofa, and immediately began pondering on the day. Who will my dance partner be? Will we get along? How far will I get in the competition? And will my life stay the same after the show is over?
Hi, I hope you enjoy this story, this is my first story and my first Fan-Ficton, so bear with me, it starts off slow but it does get better, I promise!