Chapter 25- We Found our Rainbow Connection

Joe POV
I woke up the next morning to the sound of screeching bursting my ear drums. I shot up out of bed and ran downstairs to see Dianne wafting the fire alarm with a tea towel. When it came to a stop, she just stood there, looking down like a naughty toddler, trying not to laugh. However I couldn't hold it in, and burst into fits of laughter, struggling to breathe at how funny it was.
'What the hell did you do?!' I asked, Di just about understanding what I was saying through the tears of laughter.
'I burnt the toast.' She was giggling now. I walked over to her and pulled her in to a hug.
'You crack me up, you do. Let the earth protect you at all costs, Chef Buswell.'
'Hardly! On an unrelated note, how much is a toaster?'
Dianne POV
After the incident this morning, me and Joe decided to go back a little earlier and not mention the singed toaster, and headed off after grabbing a Starbucks from nearby. We were blasting the tunes, singing (well, 'singing') at the top of our lungs, when a familiar song came on.
'Why are there so many... songs about rainbows...' me and joe shared a glance of pure love, me pulling out my phone to film. He sang sweetly, flashing me a gentle smile when the song neared an end.
'That was our song. Mine and... his.' I looked down at my lap.
'Well now it can be ours. After all, we found our Rainbow Connection.' I smiled widely at the thought of spending the rest of my life with this amazing man, and leaving behind the 10 months I spent longing for more.
'We did. You are not only this years love, you are my love for many years to come.'
'Lucky me!' Joe replied giggling.
'Uh, offends taken!' We laughed for a while, before returning to a comfortable silence for a few moments, until the playlist continued, blaring out 90s and current hits. Happiness.
Joe POV
When we got back it was late afternoon, meaning it was too late to go out, but to early to get dinner. I fell onto the sofa, Dianne falling on top of me, my arms around her.
'What do you wanna do?'
'Nothing' she replied, nuzzling into my chest.
'Netflix it is then.' I grabbed the remote and pressed the button that took us to my home screen, settling on A Quiet Place. It freaked Di out at some point, but she would try not to show it, just grabbing slightly tighter at my arm that was securely wrapped around her.
'What are we doing this week?' She asked, her eyes closing.
'Nothing. Absolutely nothing.' She gave a sleepy giggle.
'Sounds perfect.' After the film finished, I carried Dianne up to the bed, placing her down before kissing her forehead and climbing in next to her.
Sorry it's short, been quite busy, and sorry I've posted at midnight (oops 😬). But THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR FREAKIN 10,000 READS!!!!! I love you all :)