Part 2- Chapter 12- The Lead Up

Joe POV
The last year had been... tough. After Anthony's death, things were starting to get better. Dianne thought she kept seeing him everywhere, but I reassured her it was all in her head. Surprisingly, we were invited to his funeral, so we attended, mainly to make sure that he was safely locked away in the ground. Dianne was paired up with a young footballer in Strictly 2019, but only made it to week 4, meaning I could spend a month with her, just me and her, it was amazing. New year came around, and we decided to have a quiet one, watching the fireworks in the tv, sharing a sweet kiss at midnight. 2020 came around, and it was going well, until there was a gas leak at our building around March, meaning we had to move out again. It put Dianne on edge after the fire situation, but we were assured it was an accident. We moved back in in time for Easter, and all was well. Me and Dianne had been joint at the hip, and the dynamic had changed from new love to forever soulmates, and I needed a way to show her my affection. By August, I had settled on marriage, after Dianne told me all about her friends wedding in Australia and how amazing it was, and how she wanted that. Then the plan was settled. I told no one, not even my sister. When Dianne was paired with a young singer on Strictly 2020, my hopes were high that she would still be there in week 5. When it was announced she was going through, I told all of my friends and family to watch the show, and vlog it if they could. The night came around, the nerves were huge, but the excitement was overpowering. And then it happened. And here I am, standing in the place we fell in love, engaged. Who'd have thought?
Little chapter today, hope u enjoyed :)