Chapter 2- The Dinner Date

Dianne POV
As I walked into the restaurant, I was told to stop in front of some mirrors to wait for my table. I could see the reflection of my short khaki dress and vibrant red locks cascading down my back. Just as our table was ready, I noticed Anthony stroll in. He was looking dapper in a black suit and I could smell his cologne from a mile away.

"Hey babe" he said as he pulled me into a hug.

"Hi" I said back, muffled by his jacket against my mouth.

"You don't seem very happy to be here"

The truth was, I wasn't, but I couldn't tell him that- not yet.

"No, I'm just hungry" I lied, as I started to walk over to our table.

We sat down, and began to catch up, talking about his time in Yorkshire, until we got onto the subject of Strictly. Just as he asked me about the Celebrities, I caught a glimpse of someone coming in through the door, and sitting at a table a few away from us, so I could still see the side of his face. He looked familiar, but I couldn't tell where from- and he was handsome too. I found myself staring at him, that was until Anthony asked me about the rehearsals- that was when it clicked.

That man was Joe Sugg.

I wasn't entirely sure, and he was eating, so i wasn't brave enough to go over, but they looked so much alike. But, since when did I think he was good looking?

As soon as I got back from the dinner, which felt like a lifetime, between forced small talk and tiny stares at Joe's doppelgänger, I tweeted out saying '@joe_sugg, were u eating at Selfridges tonight, coz if not u totally have a double!' Within minutes I had a reply.

Joe POV
I was woken up from my post rehearsal power nap by my phone vibrating next to me. It was a notification from Twitter that read
'dianne buswell (@dbuzz6589) has mentioned you in tweet.' It took me a moment to figure out who that was, but as soon as I saw the bright red barnet, I knew. I read the tweet, and replied saying 'No, I must have a lookalike! Just glad u didn't go up to him tho!!'
From speaking to her a couple of times, I knew that we had a shared sense of humour, however the tweet got me thinking- why was she not focused on her date? It was probably nothing it was just... something wasn't fitting. My train of thought was interrupted by a reply from Dianne. 'Luckily, they were eating so I didn't, otherwise that could have been awkward!!' I smiled, and decided to call it a night and start afresh in the morning- after all I had done a full days training and been to Selfridges!! I pondered on the day as I lay, alone in bed. I could hear Byron and Emily innocently giggling downstairs. It was at that moment I knew- I was ready to settle down. I used to go through these sorts of phases for a couple of months, but I would gradually fade out of it, and start going out again, but this time, something felt different- I didn't know what- and I knew that this was my time to find myself a partner in crime.
Like I said, it starts slow. I'll be updating this story daily (hopefully!) so stay tuned :)