AG History: Special Awards

Welcome, everyone, to the Special Awards of AG History!

The Golden Globe of History -

There were a lot of people that poured their heart and soul into the historical details of their entries. Some of these included RondaRayl, Several7s, and ZSB2000 and you three deserve the spot of runners up. However, there were two tributes that stood out as going far above and beyond the typical research and immersed us in history, sometimes teaching me more about history than school! These two winners are ariel_paiement1 and JesterheadJohnSnow!

The Crystal Tear Award -

A few - okay most of you - made me cry with some of your entries, so there are quite a few runner's up for this award: RondaRaylariel_paiement1JesterheadJohnSnow, and MusicgirlXD but the one who wins this award is without a doubt Sara_R_Stark. I mean, the entry where you killed off Peter and afterward, where they grieved for him, then you killed off Herion - it still brings me tears (especially since I'm listening to It's All Coming Back to Me Now right now LOL).

Survivalist Trophy-

This award goes to the entry who really showed us the extent people have had to go to in order to survive. One of you came awfully close and therefore is the runner up: JesterheadJohnSnow. But the winner of this award goes straight to Shermanblook. I mean, what you did was absolutely brutal - complete and utter survival!

Frozen in Time Award of Excellence -

Okay, so needless to say, since this was a historically themed competition, there were MANY, MANY entries that immersed me in the historical periods - too many to count - including: JesterheadJohnSnow's Task Five entry, ariel_paiement1's Task Four entry, Several7s' Task Four entry, Sara_R_Stark's Task Eight entry. But there is only one winner for one entry written by someone who captured a historical era so much so that it felt as if that time period had become reality. That entry and writer is JesterheadJohnSnow's Task Six entry. You literally went all the way through the Boshin War and captured all the aspects of Japanese society and immersed me in that time period.

Cinematic Experience of Greatness -

Several of you, when I read your entries, it really reminded me of several movies that I've enjoyed over the years. Several7s' Task Four entry reminded me of several movies about John Smith and Pocahontas and Jamestown. JesterheadJohnSnow's Task Five entry really reminded me of Sons of Liberty and the Patriot. With that being said, one, in particular, stuck with me so deeply that it deserves to win this award. Sara_R_Stark's Task Seven entry. Literally, I was like watching the movie The Titanic in my mind as I read your entry!

The Historical Scroll Award -

This goes without saying, but many of you felt like I was reading a history textbook. RondaRayl's Task Six and Task Eight entries really captured that with the mentions of direct historical accounts. JesterheadJohnSnow pretty much nailed every single entry like that, especially his Task Eight entry jumping through all the historical details about World War 2. But there was one entry that literally made me feel like I was back in school reading a history textbook and that one is ariel_paiement1's Task Three entry. It was a medieval battle and it really felt like I was back in school!

The Diamond in the Rough -

There are a few writers who I've watched grow and seen their writing mature so much throughout this competition and even others in some cases. You guys have persevered, stuck with it, and grown so much and I am very proud of all three of you. So I wanted to give you guys a special shout out and give you this very special award.

Sara_R_Stark, you've been with me for several competitions now and I remember when you first started writing for them, your writing had a lot of room to grow. Ever since then, with each competition, you've given them your all and now you're literally on par with the AG Veterans - you are one yourself. I'm so proud of you!

MusicgirlXD, you've stuck with me for a couple competitions now and I've seen so much potential in you and in your writing. When you want to, you pour your heart into your entries and I enjoy all the emotions and your focus on your characters. You have the chance at greatness inside you and the heart of a writer and I've seen some of your more mature entries and I'm eager to see how you continue to improve from here on.

RondaRayl, you're not someone who usually tries new things and typically, you don't finish some things you start. Writing does not come easy for you. It's an effort and it's really hard at times, especially since you're writing level is literally barely basic. Yet you persevered and stayed in this competition through all the struggles and you gave this competition your all. Every entry you poured your heart into them and continued to try to get better and better and that's exactly what you did. Now, you've written in the finals and completed all your entries which make a story - your first. You completed it and finished it, which is a HUGE accomplishment for you and I couldn't be more proud!