Task 6: Tragedy

This time, why your characters go back is entirely up to you. You do have a bit of a choice as to where they go (but not when).

Choose either the United States with the Civil War tearing America apart, the Native Americans being killed and put on reservations to pave the way for America, or the Boshin War in Japan which was also the end of the Samurai; all of these take place in the 1800s.

These are all horrible tragedies and your characters must want to stop them from happening, but it's their job to ensure that they still happen, forcing them to watch the suffering all around them

CLUES:

How many men died in the Civil War? If you guess this correctly, along with the 5 Knowledge Points you gain, then your characters will find and keep a rifle and bullet from the North.

What was perhaps the greatest Native American victory over the United States? If you guess this correctly, along with the 5 Knowledge Points you gain, then your characters will find and keep Sioux bow and arrows.

True or false: The Boshin War in Japan was a controversial issue.If you guess this correctly, along with the 5 Knowledge Points you gain, then your characters will find and keep a Samurai's katana.

Remember that unless you won an award, you may only choose ONE!

Due date:

Sunday February 4, 6pm central. This gives everyone a week and a day.

MusicgirlXD, to help you out, your deadline is Saturday, February 2, 6pm central

Word count:

3,000

Awards:

Bushido - Whoever wins this award will choose the Boshin War and will show me the Way of the Warrior and the heart of the samurai. This is their ending so GIVE ME FEELS. I will be picky.

Tearjerker - Whoever wins this award will literally make me tear up or cry from their tragic entry. MAKE ME CRY GUYS (I can't believe I'm asking for this, lol)

Brother Versus Brother - Whoever wins this award will give me feels for family members who are forced to kill each other.

Massacre - Whoever wins this award will show and describe a massacre. It cannot be brief, has to give me feels and really focus on all the senses and emotions for this.

Goodbye - Whoever wins this award will give me a heart-wrenching goodbye whether its a death or something else. It can be between a character and someone from their past, between two of your own characters, or between one of your characters and a culture and people.

The End of a People - Whoever wins this award will chose either the Native American or Boshin War option and will show me and give me feels for the end of a people. Lots of feels.

The perks will all be revealed with the rankings, but anyone who wins an award will receive an extra 10 Knowledge Points, receive unlimited word count for Task 7, and be allowed an extra 24 hour extension for Task 7.

Deaths:

You MUST kill off 2 of your own characters. You may kill other writers if you want to, but its not required. Focus on your own characters this round. FAILURE TO KILL OFF 2 of YOUR OWN CHARACTERS WILL RESULT IN PUNISHMENTS (unless you won an award and this is what you chose to ignore).

If you failed to kill off your characters last round (RondaRayl), you must have both characters die slowly and in a lot of pain.

Ballots:

24

Excessive, I know, but why not?

Ballot punishments:

jesusfreak202 because you were balloted the most and far above everyone else, you must include at least 50 historical details in your entry.

JesterheadJohnSnow, because you were balloted in second place and slightly above everyone else, you must base your entry around a song of your choice (make it like a theme).

Sara_R_Stark, because you came in third and were still a bit above everyone else, you must have

ariel_paiement because you came in the middle, you must

Several7s and MusicgirlXD because you both tied and came in fifth, you both must not include as many characters as you have ballots.

Shermanblook, because you have two ballots, you must include a mysterious stranger in your entry.

RondaRayl, because you were balloted in last place, you must have one of your characters be heartbroken in your entry.

REMEMBER:

JesterheadJohnSnow, Several7s, Sara_R_Stark, RondaRayl, jesusfreak202 - Please choose one of the options as a perk from your award.

JesterheadJohnSnow and jesusfreak202, you both may choose to ignore one aspect of the task so COMMENT HERE what that is (for me, I'm choosing to ignore the we-can-only-choose one period to go to and I'm splitting my characters up between two of them).

RondaRayl, Several7s, Sara_R_Stark, JesterheadJohnSnow, ariel_paiement1, jesusfreak202, you all have unlimited word count for Task Six.

MusicgirlXD, Shermanblook, JesterheadJohnSnow, ariel_paiement1, jesusfreak202, you all may have me ignore one aspect of the grading rubric except for points taken from being late.

Several7s, ariel_paiement1, Shermanblook, you three don't have to kill off any characters in Task 6.

RondaRayl, ariel_paiement1, JesterheadJohnSnow, you three have a save from eliminations if there are any. You can use this to avoid being voted and eliminated. You have an automatic score of 11.5 that you may use in Task 6 if you write and hand in an entry at least 2000 words and you may have a hint of a task of your choice.

Let me know if I forgot anyone or anything. ENJOY :)