Task 7: Modern Times - Quarterfinals

Welcome to the Quarterfinals everyone! 

In the 20th and 21st centuries, technology has grown and changed many times. There has also been many plane and boat accidents and others involving all kinds of new vehicles used for traveling. This time, as you land and choose a door, you have a few options.

1) The door opens into a large traveling vessel (example, a ship, plane, blimp, another traveling vehicle, etc) just before it crashes and the disaster strikes. It is your characters jobs to collect as much data as they can and make it make to the time machine before they are killed. The data will help repair the timeline. The date must be between 1900 and 1940 or 1950 to 2019. 

2) The door opens and you are in a time and place sometime in the 20th and 21st centuries

2) The door opens and you are in a time and place sometime in the 20th and 21st centuries. Technology has changed and grown since the previous eras you have been too - cell phones, laptops, the internet, smart cars, etc. Your characters have to gather all the data they can about this to repair the timeline because now technology is starting to disappear. If that happens, the time machines will as well and history will be broken forever. The date must be between 1900 to 1940 or 1950 to 2019. 

3) Your third and final option is that you can combine both ideas and split up your characters

3) Your third and final option is that you can combine both ideas and split up your characters. The date must be between 1900 to 1940 or 1950 to 2019. 

I will be looking either for descriptions and action scenes with the disaster or your characters being a bit in awe of the technology as they collect data and learn how it changed and how quickly it changed - or a blend of both. 

This task is creative, so these options are just the basics! Feel free to come up with your own reasons and ideas, to combine them in any way you wish as long as one of these ideas is evident and shown in your entries, whatever else you do is fine! I'm giving you guys more creative freedom because this is the Quarterfinals!

CLUES:

True or false: The Titanic was the worst shipwreck in history. If you guess this correctly, along with the 5 Knowledge Points you gain, then your characters will find and keep a piece of the Titanic wreckage.

True or false: Technology has grown the most in the past 100 years than it has in all of history combined. If you guess this correctly, along with the 5 Knowledge Points you gain, then your characters will find and keep a smartphone.

You may answer both if you wish!

Due date:

Saturday, February 16, 6pm central

With a 24 hour extended due date (from either awards), it's Sunday Feburary 17th, 6pm central.

Word count:

Unlimited - since everyone won an award

Awards:

No awards this round except for the first three hand ins and maybe some bonus ones if you guys impress me - next round is the Semi-Finals so these will be the last awards (if I hand any out) that there'll be (other than the Special Awards)

Deaths:

1 of your own. At least 2 others but it can be randomly made up characters instead of other writers characters.

Ballots:

None. This is the last task we'll have ballot punishments.

Ballot punishments:

JesterheadJohnSnow and ariel_paiement1, because you were balloted A LOT and in first, you both must incorporate both options for the task in your entries.

jesusfreak202, because you were balloted second, you must have a character get left behind in their new travels.

MusicgirlXD, because you were balloted third, you must have a character cause trouble (either with the time period they go back to or in the Museum).

Several7s and Sara_R_Stark, because you were both balloted in last place, you both must have a character be dizzy for whatever reasons you want.

Remember:

jesusfreak202 and JesterheadJohnSnow, you can have me give you early feedback before you hand in.

jesusfreak202, RondaRayl, ariel_paiement1, JesterheadJohnSnow, Sara_R_Stark, MusicgirlXD, and Several7s you guys all have a 24 hour extension (so your due date is now is Sunday, Feb. 17th 6pm central).

Sara_R_Stark and MusicgirlXD, you can kill whomever or how many you wish or you don't have to kill anyone at all.

jesusfreak202, RondaRayl, JesterheadJohnSnow, Sara_R_Stark, MusicgirlXD, Several7s, you don't have to kill off any of your own characters this round

jesusfreak202, ariel_paiement1, RondaRayl, JesterheadJohnSnow, Several7s, you can say goodbye to any ballot punishments you don't want to do.

jesusfreak202, RondaRayl, JesterheadJohnSnow, you can create another character from the 1800s and onward if you want.

RondaRayl, JesterheadJohnSnow, MusicgirlXD, you are safe from eliminations if there are any, you have unlimited word count, and you'll receive an extra 1 point onto your overall score for Task 7.

Everyone has unlimited word count (because everyone won an award) and an extra 24 hour extension), so the ADDED DUE DATE IS: Sunday, Feb. 17th, 6pm central.

Let me know if I forgot anyone or anything. Have fun! :)