Task Two: Entries

If the formatting or italics is off, I'm sorry. 

Spot 2: Sara_R_Stark 

After their first mission, Peter had expected to never again set foot in another time period, though it was made known to Kenneth's agents that he and his group had impeccable survival skills and abilities beyond the others of the museum. So when another one of their missions went haywire, their group was the first asked to fix the problem. This time, Peter was ready.

He didn't protest to being lead to the time machine again, but he was a little concerned when he was taken to a small conference room instead of the crowded main hall. The only ones in the room were members of his own group as well as about five other new people, none of which he recognized, as well as one of Kenneth's agents. Heiron had a seat saved for him when he got there, a grin already on his face.

"Are you ready to go again?" Heiron asked.

"As ready as I'll ever be," Peter shrugged, running his fingers over the smooth mammoth tusk they had grabbed from their previous journey. He always kept it strapped to his belt as a reminder of their brilliant adventure. Not once had he taken it off.

"As always, I will make this quick," Kenneth's agent began. "Another mission has gone bad and we need more help than ever. Two ancient empires are on the verge of toppling far sooner than they're meant to for reasons that we can't yet identify."

"Two? How are we supposed to save two empires?" Anne asked.

"You'll have to split up your groups, which is why I invited some more help. There is no time for more explaining, so I will give you two folders filled with everything you will need. Time is of the essence, so please allow me to divide your group so that we may get your groups out of here as fast as possible."

He passed Peter the first folder and gave Ammon the second, firing off names from his list as quickly as he could. When that was done, he shoved their groups out into the hallway towards the machine, his fingers flying across the control panel on its glimmering silver side until a light above the door blinked green. The door slid open and he gestured for everyone to begin filling in the space, cramming them into every inch of spare room.

"I apologize for how brief I was," he murmured, "but this is the most important mistake we have ever made and it must be fixed quickly." Peter nodded and watched silently as the door slid shut again.

His stomach flipped as they instantly began their journey, though it was over even quicker than the first. Just as before, the door at the front of the machine slid open, as well as four others he hadn't even noticed before. Beyond each door was a completely different city, the sun glaring at them from every angle possible.

"My group, we will travel to Egypt," Ammon shouted, and his group hustled through the back exit.

"And mine..." Peter paused, looking through the folder briefly. "We will go to Greece." Somewhere in the back, he heard Heiron shout excitedly as he charged through the door leading to his home country.

"Greece, huh?" Elanor asked, grinning easily. "I've always wanted to go to Greece."

"Now's your chance, but there is no time to sightsee. We need to stop for a second and figure out what we are fixing, so let's hurry out of here and start the mission."

They all filtered out of the time machine and paused at the top of a large grassy hill overlooking the city of Athens, Greece's capital city. It was beautiful there, much unlike anything Peter had imagined. According to the folder, the agents that had traveled back there had only arrived to search for another person for their exhibit from a time later than Heiron's. The year, according to their documents, was 148 BC, merely two years before Greece fell to the Romans. The documents gave no indication as to what was causing history to change, but it was clear that the scientists had majorly messed something up, as the city before them should have been beautiful.