seventy-two [t]

tuesday,
october 2nd, 2018

TRINITY HAYSON

"Bye mama," I say softly, hugging her tightly as we stand outside of the airport.

Shawn and I are heading back to the US today, and he's staying with me in LA for two nights before flying to New York to record some music. We already said goodbye to my dad and younger brother, and my mom offered to drive us to the airport so we accepted the kind offer.

"Goodbye, my love. Text when you land, okay? Love you so much Trin."

She kisses my cheek before looking up at Shawn (who's smiling) with a knowing expression on her face. She cups his cheeks gently and his grin widens as he hugs her around her waist. My heart just about melts as my small cutie of a mother pats my wonderful boyfriend's back in the midst of their heartfelt hug.

"And you Shawn. Thanks for coming, it was a delight to meet you. You look after my Trinity, alright?" My mom says over his shoulder, tears welling in her gorgeous brown eyes.

"Of course, Mrs. Hayson. I'll always take care of her. Thanks for having me."

Their hug ends as I stand aside with a happy smile. I give my mom one last hug before Shawn and I walk away and into the airport. We check our bags in and go through security swiftly, there wasn't many people queueing thankfully.

"You look so handsome," I tell Shawn truthfully and he shakes his head with a smirk.

He's dressed comfortably in grey joggers and a black hoodie, a pair of Nike's on his feet and his messy curls pushed back with a simple black hairband. Somehow I think he knows he looks good. I couldn't blame him; he looks insanely hot all the time.

"Stop it, you look gorgeous. As always," he leans in to kiss my forehead. "Shall we get a drink or something?"

"Yeah, let's head to that coffee shop over there." I point to the quiet coffee shop and we hold hands as we approach it.

We walk inside and Shawn orders a black coffee for me and an iced tea for himself. He says he wanted to sleep on the flight so he isn't up for a coffee, but I want to finish my book on the plane.

We sit in the corner at a table for two facing each other once we receive our drinks. I take a sip of my piping hot coffee and I catch Shawn sheepishly smiling at me with pink cheeks and adorable dimples.

"Yes?" I tease with a smirk and a raised brow.

He chuckles, taking my left hand in his on top of the table, "You're amazing. You know that? I really truly love you Trinity. I really enjoyed being with you and your family, seeing where you grew up and all. I just feel so close to you right now. And I wanted you to know that you mean the absolute world to me. You're precious, and I never wanna lose you."

My heart rate picks up at his sweet words and my lips curve into the happiest smiles. I take a deep breath and gaze across at him in complete awe.

"Shawn," I breathe delightfully, slightly taken aback by his cute little speech, "I love you too. So much. I'm really happy I brought you here. Seeing you with my mom, I just... I don't know. She's the most important person in the world to me, you know? And you're one of the best things to ever happen to me, and seeing you both bond and get on so well made me so, so happy."

Shawn smiles hugely, sporting his pearly whites as his cheekbones flood with a light blush. He chuckles with a shake of his head, bringing my hand to his soft lips and kissing it twice. He winks at me, and I swear I could've jumped him there and then.

"I love where we are now. Never want us to change, only for the better," Shawn says, smoothing his thumb over my knuckles.

***

"Home sweet home," I sigh tiredly as we enter the apartment.

Shawn slept more than half of the flight, his lazy head cutely tucked into my neck and his arms loosely wrapped around my right arm.

We're both wrecked now, I'm itching to get to bed. I lock the apartment door, turning around only to be enveloped in a warm bear hug. I hum contently, melting into his strong yet comforting arms. He kisses the crown of my head, squeezing my body tighter against him.

"Fuck I love you. C'mon m'lady, let's make out and cuddle in bed."

I chuckle at Shawn's words, following him into my bedroom where he strips down to his tight underwear. I almost drool at his sexy appearance and slip out of my clothes, left in just my laced underwear. I'm about to pull one of Shawn's long sleeves over my head but he stops me with gentle, husky words.

"Sleep naked? I wanna feel you on me baby. Wanna cuddle you so closely."

My heart almost bursts at his doting words. He takes a couple strides towards me and rests his right hand on my waist. I shiver as he cups my face with his other hand. His breath fans my eager lips before he cups them in a soft kiss. I weaken in his hold, my arms elevating to wrap around his neck as I stand on my toes.

Our kiss is sweet and slow and I blindly guide my lovely boyfriend to my neatly made bed. We fall atop the sheets with hearty laughs. He giggles innocently as he pushes me back against the mattress and hovers over me.

I hum happily as Shawn places sloppy, slow kisses all along my neck. He doesn't miss an inch of skin from my chest up, and once he's satisfied he plops down beside me. We scoot under the covers and Shawn lovingly pulls them up to my bare shoulders, making sure I'm covered warmly.

"You're beautiful," he whispers in the dark, kissing my shoulder and caressing the skin of my thigh.

"What I am is exhausted," I hazily giggle and Shawn nods in agreement.

I turn over and slide back into Shawn's embrace as he acts as the big spoon. His arm drapes over my waist and he holds me flush against his fuzzy chest. His chin rests on the top of my head and he intertwines our fingers together.

"Goodnight, love," he whispers lazily.

I give his hand a squeeze, too tired to even form a coherent sentence.