four [s]

monday,
january 31st, 2018.

SHAWN MENDES

I groan as I realise there's hardly any food in the fridge, "T! We have to go grocery shopping!" I call for Trinity.

"We?" she questions as she walks down the hallway. An oversized t-shirt adorns her petite body as she messes with her fluffy, brown hair. She looks pretty good, I try to ignore the fact that she's braless.

"Yes, we."
"Why we?"

"You live here now. You take part in grocery shopping, too. Get ready, and let's go."

Trinity sighs, "Alright. Give me five minutes."

She strolls down the hall and into her bedroom. My eyes linger on her thighs as she walks away. I've noticed this accent about her, I'm almost sure she's Irish. It's kind of hot, actually.

I wait patiently as I watch Grey's Anatomy on the large television screen. Trinity soon appears, dressed in black skinny jeans. I noticed she left that baggy t-shirt on, and I also notice how she's put on a bra, much to my own dismay.

"Alright. Let's go then," she says and opens the front door, waiting for me. I step into the hallway beside her and lock up the apartment. We walk side by side to the elevator, where I press a square button.

"Don't get scared now, babes," I tease her, remembering how she didn't particularly enjoy our previous elevator ride.

"Ha-ha," she responds monotonously.

We step inside the carpeted, glass walled box and I press the basement button. The cube drops and the doors peel open once we're at basement level. Trinity follows me towards my parked Jeep Wrangler. We slide inside and buckle up. I quickly plug in the aux cord and rev the engine before backing out of the spot. I drive up and out of the dimly lit basement, turning right to head towards the nearest supermarket about five minutes away, minus traffic.

"Hey, let me DJ?" T sort of asks, and I scoff.

"As if. I bet your taste in music is utter shit."

"You know nothing, Mendes," she grumbles, "One song?"

I sigh as I give in and nod my head. Trinity claps her hands twice before switching the aux cord to her phone. An R&B type song spills from the speakers and I tap my thumbs against the side of my leather wheel.

"Who is this?" I ask her, the soothing tune appealing to me.

"Daniel Caesar. He's my all time favourite."

"Yeah. He's good."

"Aha! So you do like my music taste."

"Don't get ahead of yourself, Hayson. That was one song."

Trinity decides to ignore my statement as she hums along to the music. We get half way through Daniel's second song that T plays before I pull up outside a grocery store. I do my food shop here all the time. They have the best blueberry muffins.

"C'mon then," I say to Trinity as we exit the car.

I lock it with the universal button on my key as we collect a shopping cart from the racks outside. I push it passed the automatic sliding doors and Trinity aimlessly follows.

"Right. We need milk, definitely. Oh! Coffee grounds. Bottles of water. Tea bags. Bananas and apples. Chicken strips, chicken wings. Cereal. Grapes, cheese and orange juice. And whatever else we see that we want, cool?" I list off the items I most definitely need to buy as T nods her head, though she probably wasn't listening.